DerelictStudios Forums
Count von Phoib

Command And Conquer 3 Has Been Announced

I may be mistaken but I think in Generals you can give the guard commandbutton OPTIONS = NEED_TARGET_(ALLY/ENEMY/NEUTRAL)_OBJECT to guard a unit (not sure why you would guard an enemy unit). Can't remember if it actually works.

And as for TT...

Wow.

Edited by kornlord283

I agree it should be dubbed the long awaited Tiberian Twilgiht...

Who knows? Maybe it's not called TT because it's not the last game....... :huh:

my prediction:

If C&C 3 sells well, which it probably will because of the hype, then the big guys will probably green light more C&C projects. After TW, there will probably be Red Alert 3, which will finally connect the two universes together. After RA3, the final installment of Command & Conquer will be Tiberian Twilight.

I'm basing my prediction off of no evidence whatsoever. Just wild speculation.

There is light at the end of the tunnel though, one of the articles said they were revamping the pathfinding, which is my biggest gameplay bugbear by a million miles :)

defiantly!

The problem is deep within sage though. If they can make that work better then i will be very impressed, but I would imagine it would require large parts of the engine.

Which is a good thing!

I do like the object-oriented ini based mod-friendly design. I am very interested to see who comes up with the earier engine to mod. GPG with Supcom or EA with CnC3...

If C&C 3 sells well, which it probably will because of the hype, then the big guys will probably green light more C&C projects. After TW, there will probably be Red Alert 3, which will finally connect the two universes together.

Let's hope not. Usually a 'merger' game for such things suck. Renegade 2 looked kinda stupid, remember. There is a healthy debate to this day as to whether Ra1 is a 'splitting point' for the two universes, but whether completely independant or two parallel timelines they ARE different.

If C&C 3 sells well, which it probably will because of the hype, then the big guys will probably green light more C&C projects.  After TW, there will probably be Red Alert 3, which will finally connect the two universes together.

Let's hope not. Usually a 'merger' game for such things suck. Renegade 2 looked kinda stupid, remember. There is a healthy debate to this day as to whether Ra1 is a 'splitting point' for the two universes, but whether completely independant or two parallel timelines they ARE different.

I think this sums it up pretty well.

Regarding how RA1 fits in. It is safe to assume that it was originally intended for Ra1 to be in the same timeline, a prequel of sorts.

Then after TS they wanted to make another RA, so it went "ok fuck it...lets make it separate".

Regarding how RA1 fits in. It is safe to assume that it was originally intended for Ra1 to be in the same timeline, a prequel of sorts.

Then after TS they wanted to make another RA, so it went "ok fuck it...lets make it separate".

We've been over this debate a million times. It's possible that since Ra1 (like every CnC game) has two endings, they led to seperate timelines.

Lines like "We estimate the brotherhood will grow bored with the Soviet Union sometime in the 1990s." from the soviet ending may hint that it was the path that led to TD. Or at least it's possible in retrospect to the fact Ra2 explicitly is the Allied victory ending of Ra1 (you can talk about the declaration of a global defense intiative all you like from the Allied campaign, but something needs to have happened to Kane, no?).

Of course, EA's concept people like 90% of the fanbase couldn't wrap their brains around alternate timelines in the plots* and tried to clusterfuck it all into one storyline with the thankfully aborted Renegade 2.

*Ever watch BTTF with someone stupid, and have to keep explaining all the crap to them? "Why can't they just kill old Biff?" Yeah, it's like that.

Sleipnir used to debate this ad nauseum with me until he read an interview with a former Westwood bigwig that vaguely stated even Ra2 and Yuri were tied into the greater plotline. Not to say I'm definitley right. Westwood may have just been having fun with Ra2, but I simply don't understand the vehement hatred people seem to harbor for it just because it doesn't 'fit' into their understanding of the CnC universe(s).

Wow i just got my ass on the internet back CnC is teh announced :) :) :)

Edited by JokersAce

Well I think that big mech looks pretty damn cool. And good thing to find out that not all infantry have that armoured exoskeletal suit. (Starcraft Marine)

I'm not too happy with the in-game artwork though (make no mistake, the lighting effects are awesome), some of the skins look bland and are over-stylised and lack subtleties, like the new GDI emblem for example.

Edited by Godwin

I absolutely despise the tiberium "science." I personally found Chrono's explanation for vinifera to be much better than whatever those MIT people came up with (no offense)...

The whole "space marine" concept for GDI is simply stupid, and I have to admit the new tanks and vehicles look to toyish.

i hope they ditch the space marine look of the GDI because from a functionality point of view its horrible.

heck it would be a miracle if they even manage to get out of a convined space (APC helicopter or more familiar to us a bathroom)

then the weight of that suit :blink: and the restrictions on the field of sight.

i fear for the fate of C&C but to be somewhat positive EA cant remain incompetent forever.

alright someone needs to update there site....look at stuff here a lot but just registered...(from cnc files(from ea))IT'S NOT JUST CNC 3 IT'S CNC 3 TIBERIUM WARS.1145642899_63.jpg :lol:

I absolutely despise the tiberium "science." I personally found Chrono's explanation for vinifera to be much better than whatever those MIT people came up with (no offense)...

The whole "space marine" concept for GDI is simply stupid, and I have to admit the new tanks and vehicles look to toyish.

Erm, they're not supposed to be the same thing.

Anyways the logo needs to be changed too because it looks horribly unbalanced. Where did the C&C symmetry go to?

alright someone needs to update there site....look at stuff here a lot but just registered...(from cnc files(from ea))IT'S NOT JUST CNC 3 IT'S CNC 3 TIBERIUM WARS.

This is why I hate AOL.

Erm, they're not supposed to be the same thing.

Well I didn't mean they were explaining the same thing, just comparing 2 similar situations...

;) did you guys saw the new picture's up ath ign ?

I think my pc cant handle the gfx <_< and the marine looks oke, they seem to have different annimations, like prone position and ectra