DerelictStudios Forums

Hi,

as we are talking at the moment alot about the realism of this game I was thinking alot about adding ships to the game.

This is just an idea to make the game more authentic. It would also give the player the opportunity to back his advance up. But the ships shouldn't be able to fire too far.

If you think this idea could get a start for Blitz I would also say that I could help making the models. If I have the right programm.

I would be able to make models if I would have the programm.

All right. I would need more time, because I have to do this in my leisure time after work or on weekends.

We've already got the Scharnhorst and the Graf Zeppelin which see action in the last German mission. The battleship Arkansas has been in the works for... shit... nigh on four years now.

Will they also be available in the skirmish mode in one of the several comming updates or will this never happen?

"Proper" air cover would be a waste of resources. You'd be spending tons of money to keep the ship afloat and it's doubtful it'd be that big of a help. Now if we gave the ship accurate AA...

Logan Hartke

Don't worry, There is a team making a Japan and naval add on. Thats about all I'm allowed too tell you.

And we're gonna have Torpedo boats, that should put an end to those nasty ships :lol:

Remember it's an addon, (unless phoib makes it part of blitz, which he won't) so you'll have to down load it sepretly. sorry.

That doesn't matter. It was just an Idea to make the game more tactically based.

But if there is a modification for it it is all right.

Thx for the information.

Don't worry, There is a team making a Japan and naval add on. Thats about all I'm allowed too tell you.

And we're gonna have Torpedo boats, that should put an end to those nasty ships :lol:

awesome!!! is there a forum or a page for this addon? thanks!! :D

dude wtf? :domo:

awesome!!! is there a forum or a page for this addon?  thanks!! :D 

dude wtf?  :domo:

Right now it's locked to all except those who work on it. :ph34r:

If you wanna work on it, Click here to see our open jobs.

I'm going to laugh when you figure out that naval units will not be fun. Period.

... :blink:

Edited by daraptor

He's got ya there.

Blitz II tries to keep everything to scale. Imagine the size of an actual battleship, much less an aircraft carrier. Hell, even destroyers would be huge! With those factors in mind, the maps would be huge, but very little land would be available for construction and resources (buildings to loot).

"Proper" air cover would be a waste of resources.

not really... lol

oooo.

disagreeing with logan is often fatal. like riverdancing in a minefield.

danger, will robinson! DANGER!

Edited by Sasquatch

How about you guys debate over the actual issue and not whether or not I'm right or wrong?

It would take a good two, if not three airfields of fighters to give that thing adequate aircover against a determined strike force of enemy bombers. Quite frankly, that sort of airpower would be much better off as a dedicated strike force. It's like the Gustav/Dora gun of WWII. It was a powerful striking force, but even if it would have been free, it wasn't worth the resources required to protect it.

Logan Hartke

Edited by Logan Hartke

How about you guys debate over the actual issue and not whether or not I'm right or wrong?

I think you have an unfortunate fame here, so this sort of stuff is gonna be hard to avoid...

He's got ya there.

Blitz II tries to keep everything to scale. Imagine the size of an actual battleship, much less an aircraft carrier. Hell, even destroyers would be huge! With those factors in mind, the maps would be huge, but very little land would be available for construction and resources (buildings to loot).

lol we're light years ahead of you, that was the first thing we discussed.

Heres a preveiw, no battle ships or aircraft carriers.

It would take a good two, if not three airfields of fighters to give that thing adequate aircover against a determined strike force of enemy bombers. Quite frankly, that sort of airpower would be much better off as a dedicated strike force. It's like the Gustav/Dora gun of WWII. It was a powerful striking force, but even if it would have been free, it wasn't worth the resources required to protect it.

Logan Hartke

It all depends on how you play. I prefer to keep a heavy fighter base and focus most of my efforts focused on the ground. So really it doesn't take much to cover anything with fighters because they are cheaper than the tanks I buy as Axis! Although I do agree that naval wont be much fun in blitz2.. I'm just saying that you could easily cover the ships if you needed to.