DerelictStudios Forums
Sign in to follow this  
HailStorm

Transport Helicopters

I feel sorry for the guys that has to fly that thing. Just imagine how hard it would be to get the unloaded chopper of that size to respond correctly to your stick movements. Now think of that same chopper loaded with 55 fully armed and geared combat troops.

Edited by MarbleSentinel

I would love to Fly a Super Stallion, their really powerful and are acctully alright agility wise. Ive seen this done with another ZH mod i play called Restore Justice, i can fit about 30 - 40 troops into a Chinnok.

i guess, but i think the current 12-seat Stallion is sufficient enough for the game - not too big, not too small, though a bunker/armed version would be cool ;)

on a side note... are all three sides going to have some sort of transport helicopter? or are the US going to be the only side with some aerial transport?

(hinds in multiplayer would be so frickin' awesome!)

Edited by HailStorm

on a side note... are all three sides going to have some sort of transport helicopter? or are the US going to be the only side with some aerial transport?

(hinds in multiplayer would be so frickin' awesome!)

IIRC, North Korea is going to have the Hind.

I Like USA's idea in which you could build a transport plane and tranport ur things around like the C5-B Galaxy transport

What's Iraqs tranport type going to be ? If Korea has the Hind

Edited by PedroV1500

Personally if the C-5 were added, I'd suggest having a seperate building that allows construction of an Airstrip, not airfield but airstrip.

Small control tower with a larger and longer runaway. It'd be 1.5 times the length of the regular american airfield and allow construction of 3 types of planes but only 1 plane for the runaway with a build limit on the building itself.

The choices would be a semi-expensive C-130 Herc, a more expensive AC-130, and a wallet emptying C-5 to allow tanks. The Infantry could load up on a C-130 if you plan to drop some troops but if you want some fire support if you are playing defensive role or need some CAS for your advance force buy the AC-130, or if you want to drop some tanks up close in an emergency then get the C-5.

As for people saying its impossible to allow certian units only, what about the Chinese Internet Center, you certianly can't garrison rocket troops in there, only Hackers. So use that set of code to allow hummvee and up to load onto the C-5.

Also for realism freaks out there saying you can't parachute a tank, go tell someone who honestly cares casue remember this is a semi-realistic, and a tank drop would be pretty tight.

It would take some serious coding but it'd be a cool effect. And if anyone trys to give me that "well if your coding it go ahead, otherwise shut up" comments you can shut up right now. Its a suggestion, not a demand.

Personally if the C-5 were added, I'd suggest having a seperate building that allows construction of an Airstrip, not airfield but airstrip.

Small control tower with a larger and longer runaway. It'd be 1.5 times the length of the regular american airfield and allow construction of 3 types of planes but only 1 plane for the runaway with a build limit on the building itself.

The choices would be a semi-expensive C-130 Herc, a more expensive AC-130, and a wallet emptying C-5 to allow tanks. The Infantry could load up on a C-130 if you plan to drop some troops but if you want some fire support if you are playing defensive role or need some CAS for your advance force buy the AC-130, or if you want to drop some tanks up close in an emergency then get the C-5.

As for people saying its impossible to allow certian units only, what about the Chinese Internet Center, you certianly can't garrison rocket troops in there, only Hackers. So use that set of code to allow hummvee and up to load onto the C-5.

Also for realism freaks out there saying you can't parachute a tank, go tell someone who honestly cares casue remember this is a semi-realistic, and a tank drop would be pretty tight.

A Large Aircraft Airstrip would be a pretty cool addition, though I'd prefer a B-1b Carpet bomber over an AC-130 - scream in like an aurora, drop heaps of bombs, and get the hell out before the enemy can send aa to shoot you down :ph34r:

On the subject of paradrops: one of the primary design aspects of the C-17 was to carry a single combat-ready Abrams into battle;

c-17_abrams.jpg

Alternatively, a C-5 can carry Two Abrams, but in a non-combat-ready configuration (i.e. mechanics have to put them back together again at the landing site), but you could ignore that little fact for better gameplay!

final note:

airdrops.wmv

Remember, almost anything can be dropped out of a jet - wether it makes it to the ground intact is another question!

In middle east crisis the israeli's used an airstrip as a war factory, a C-5 would come and land your chosen vehicle. It was crap, the galaxy was too small, the tank popped out the sides as soon as it appeared, but the concept was good. If you could do something like that but better it would be amazing. Just fill a Herc with pathfinders and drop them all over them map. :)

I remember suggesting this but in addition to the large airstrip in your base you would have engineer infantry that would build a makeshift airstrip quickliy and cheapliy so you could build a quick strip out in the battle field then have your cargo plane carry your tanks and artillery across the map land and drop them off.