DerelictStudios Forums
Count von Phoib

Cybernations

Frenonesti is a small and new nation at 6 days old with citizens primarily of Celtic ethnicity whose religion is Christianity. It is a backwards nation when it comes to technology and many refer to it unkindly as a 'Third World Nation'. Its citizens enjoy freedom from high taxation and as a result tend to earn more money. The citizens of Frenonesti work diligently to produce Marble and Gems as tradable resources for their nation. It is an aggressive country that some say has an itch for war. It believes nuclear weapons are necessary for the security of its people. The military of Frenonesti has been positioned at all border crossings and is arresting all drug traffickers. Frenonesti allows its citizens to protest their government but uses a strong police force to monitor things and arrest lawbreakers. It has an open border policy, but in order for immigrants to remain in the country they will have to become citizens first. Frenonesti believes in the freedom of speech and feels that it is every citizens right to speak freely about their government. The government gives foreign aid when it can, but looks to take care of its own people first. Frenonesti will not make deals with another country that has a poor history of inhuman treatment of its citizens.

I used to have more soldiers, but it seems that my citizens didn't quite like that...

Hey Phoib, wanna ally?

Hehe, so you guys now also start playing CN? :P

My Nation: Irken

Ruler: InvaderZim

I already fought and won 2 wars B)

My next purchase will be a Nuclear Missile, harr harr.

If the DS-Alliance wants to stop by at the Alliance I'm currently in then head here.

lol

I'm going to invade a country near me...

I have 65 Soldiers, He has 20.

His country will make a very good addition to my empire.

EDIT: Why can I only see him on the map?

EDIT 2: Sweet. I'm now trading with russia.

Edited by Sasquatch

Sasquatch, I'm sorry I can't trade with you, I still got a pending trade-offer and already have marble. Since resource-boni don't steak I had to reject your offer :/

If anyone has Iron + Sugar? That's what I need.

Don't worry, you can only wage war on nations around your strength level, since I am above 2.000 I can't harm you (but my allys could :P).

Killa: Sactions on me? Why? I'm a friendly and nice person :rolleyes:

We'll throw sanctions on you till CWC comes to DS! :P

*Yay! Sanctions 4ever!* :P

Sorry can't send cash, my aid slots are full since Phoib already squeezed some money out of me :blink:

€: But the CN Admin has an offer, if you mail 10 ppl about CyberNations with a CC to him then you get 10.000 cash, 5 Miles Land, 1 Level Tech and 5 Level Infrastructure as gift. For more details on this click "Link offer" in the top right.

Edited by SHADOW

Sasquatch, I'm sorry I can't trade with you, I still got a pending trade-offer and already have marble. Since resource-boni don't steak I had to reject your offer :/

If anyone has Iron + Sugar? That's what I need.

Don't worry, you can only wage war on nations around your strength level, since I am above 2.000 I can't harm you (but my allys could :P).

Killa: Sactions on me? Why? I'm a friendly and nice person :rolleyes:

OO! OO! ME ME ! I have iron + surgar. The Great Nation of Westopia. :D My country is in Jamacia :P

@Weston: Great! And Team Green, YAY! I already sent a trade-offer ;)

@Rattuskid: NS had quiet some restrictions, you only worked out issues that had influence on your citizens. After some time it was boring since you get the same issues over and over. In CN you can buy technology, Land, Infrastructure and Military. You can declare war on others and also have to defend yourself. You need to watch the happyness of your citizens, you have to manage resources and money. All together it's more variable than NS and since you can interact with each other (wars & alliances) everything involves the whole community. I have more fun with CN than I ever had with NS. But sometimes it's also more frustrating f.e. when someone fires Cruise Missiles at you <_<

Edited by SHADOW

I did the email 10 people thing. Tommorow, I should get the bonuses and conquer my foe!

.....Now to get the sharks with freakin' laser beams on their heads :lol:

EDIT: Who has coal?

Edited by Sasquatch

This looks like it could be fun, I'm gonna try it. And conquer somebody.

[EDIT]

Sweet, now I have my Urgandinistan.

Edited by MehMan

If you want to joi an alliance you just have to check the CN Forums, there are plenty recruitment threads around. Just read the alliance agendas carefully, most don't allow offensive attacks (so no "I will conquer my filthy neighbour" actions for you little warmongers :P). Keep one thing in mind though:

If you really want to wage war on somebody you picked randomly this could be considered as rogue action. This is not tolerated in the CN-community and it could lead to the destruction of your country since there are many countries out there dedicated to save smaller ones in case they get attacked. In the worst case a bigger alliance interfers and you will soon have multiple enemies to fight against (which means you WILL lose).

I must admit I started as rogue too. After 2 weeks of building up my economy I had enough income and picked someone I waged war on. Since I had no clue about the war system my first waves got pwned and since he had more technology I had no chance. After the help of a friend we pwned him together. After that war I joined my alliance (ANGIL - Allied Nations for Global Independence and Liberty) and stopped my rogue career. I had luck to not get pwned by the community.

If you want to check the war system out I suggest the following:

- don't just pick someone randomly, you will look like a rogue and get pwned (mostly)

- check the "Roleplay - War" Forum of CN, there are plenty wars going on, alot of nations are ttacked by rogues and they post it in there. So the most secure way is to help those nations AGAINST the rogues (making you the saviour, not the bad guy :P)

- before you declare war check the detailed stats about your enemy, look when his nation was created and whitch Team he's in, then click "Display all Nations", click the Team he's in (Green, Red, Orange...) and sort those Nations after creation date (name would also be possible of course). If you then find him in this list you can see his Infrastructure and Tech level (which usually isn't visible in the normal view of his nation). Don't attack if he has alot more tech than you, he will pwn you in this case. Only wage war if you have a chance to win, war is hitting your economy severe. You can get alot more strength by playing peacefully than whilst at war. Sometimes war is good though, you can steal his tech and money, so if you pwn HIM you can get some $$$ out of the war, but never underestimate your enemy, he amy have big friends.

- You have to be in range to him to declare wa, he needs to be 50 ranks above or below your rank, if he's not in range sell some Land, it's cheap andyou can buy it back very easy. For gods sake don't sell infra, it's important for your income!

- Check if the target is in an alliance, usually his Nation Bio should say something like "Member of ANGIL" "Member of NPO" or whatsoever. SOme pretend to be in an alliance, it's difficult to find that out, better stay away from someone who claims to be in an allaince, it's more secure than risking a war vs. 100 - 300 nations.

- After you are in range declare war, then buy soldiers, tanks and CMs (you should have samed some money for this, else he could get you with your pants down)

- Don't attack if your chances suck (this gets null and void if you have loads of money, then Kamikaze waves are ok), attacking with a chance of victory of 5% is not a good idea. First send 2 Cruise Missiles (they kill infra and tanks) to him, then invade. Setting your DEFCON to a higher level will increase the effectiveness of your military (DEFCON 5 = 75% / DEFCON 1 = 100%) but will make your citizes unhappier and it will lower your income, so be carefull with that.

- War expires after 7 days. If he offers peace before that date good for you, then you pwned him pretty much. If the worst case happens, offer peace before your nation gets grounded to zero. Paying reperations is a common practice (if they or you accept that), but don't count on it.

Conclusion: Never attack a country without good reasons, better help others to fight rogue nations then you are the good guy. INTEL is everything in war, declareing war too early without checking the enemies stats can cause heavy probs. A good plan is also important, save some money for the day you want to attack, you will need it. Prepare yourself for a dropping happyness and lower income during the war, your economy usually sucks in war (later in the game when your nation get's older you won't have probs with that anymore, during my last war I still had a happyness of 28).

That's it, hope it's some help to you ;)

€: If you want a war target, I have 3 possible targets for you, all are rogues. They attacked the leader of my alliance and are now getting pwn0rd by alot of ppl.

Those rogues are:

Nation: Magiland

Ruler: Magiw

Nation: South Amerizon

Ruler: billyblackeye

Nation: Spidatania

Ruler: Czar Tantalo

The Last one, Spidatania, was my target some days ago, he was at 1900 strength, not much left from him right now :D

Your nations are relative young, therefore no one of you, except Phoib, could get into range soon. But those 3 nations are a good example to what happens to rogues ;)

Edited by SHADOW

Magiland and South Amerizon are too high for me (South Amerizon barely, but he has -5 soldiers, so... :P )

I'm 150 points ahead of Spidatania :P

And, what about the other aid you offered? ;)

The faster I get to your level, the more usefull I become :P