DerelictStudios Forums
Sign in to follow this  
wuyanxu

Random Restarts In Games

I have had this same problem, i thought it was my powersupply, but i was never fully sure. This helps (time oto get a enw power supply). I still have my stock pwoer supply on my custom machine (ouch!)

I remember on my desktop machine, I finally decided to upgrade from the stock PS when it blew up, smoke an all. I was lucy the rest of the system wasn't damaged. I'd been upgrading memory, video etc, eventually the old power unit just couldn't take it anymore and went "hmph.... No. Not doing this!" and ended it all.

strange thing happened again. i was playing FEAR when the game suddernly became less than 1fps. and the computer responded, like, 5seconds per cycle (not 2800,000,000,000 cycles per second) and while it's doing that, i opened up the case and touched the cooler of my GPU, CPU and northbridge (chipset)

the CPU's cooler is, as always, less than warm. the GPU's cooler is just warm. but the chipset's cooler is really hot. could it be overheating?

and if i didn't untick "Auto restart on error", will the machine restart?

edit:

and how the GUP cooler is a bit warmer than cool, the CPU cooler is cool. but the chipset cooler is still quite hot.

Edited by wuyanxu

the machine will BSOD always when that option is unchecked. If it reaches a point where the computer detects it will cause damage to itself, it will the Shutdown, AND/OR Restart.

By having that option unchecked, you do not risk anything. Microsoft built it so that the average person was not intimidated by the BSOD.

@Tycoon: I run my own company with a group of friends called MSD Technology's. Basically i do the computer repairs, and i do everything from simple virus problems all the way to building computers and shit. Its alot of fun, and over 6 months, i have gotten ALOT of buisness.

When you get to a blue screen, each will corrspond to something failing in a system. For instance DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL, means diffrent things depending on what it referance's under the main error. If it referance's a video card, it could mean the card is bad, or you do not have proper shader support, whereas on a wifi card, it could mean the driver is corrupted (Which happend to me) or the card is not configured properly.

@wyanxu

-2800+ Sempron

-1024mb DDR400 RAM

-X800GTO 128MB AGP (overclocked from 400/700 to 480/740, was 500/750 when playing FEAR)

-30gig HDD + 250gig 7200rpm 16mb cache

See the thing with overclocking is it can cause the system to do weird stuff. You might want to run fear without it overclocked and see what happens.

Edited by Red Leader

done, removed overclocking and going to test it.

but that's going to affet my gaming performance.