DerelictStudios Forums
Sign in to follow this  
IveSCreW

Iran

Spelling and grammar aside though, I am wondering, in light of the offer made by rezz, what is the opinion of the mod team about adding an Iranian forth side (after North Korea is finished, of course :) )?

Edited by someone

Well if you add iran you have to have the north pole! Reindeerzooka's all the way!

Well if you add iran you have to have the north pole! Reindeerzooka's all the way!

North Pole might be a bit too ambitious :P . Lets stick to Iran in this thread.

I do not know about the rest of you, but I am interested in what EvilViking thinks about adding Iran in the future.

If you can, please enlighten us, poor mortals, about your thoughts EvilViking :) .

Oh, I remember the desolators, I just do not see what they have to do with the Iran thread :huh: .

P.S. Desolators were useless vs. terror drones since terror drones were immune to radiation.

Edited by someone

I don't think it as directed at you either Blck :).

Correct! The question is:

What does EvilViking think about the Iran idea?

But if you are very eager to answer a question of mine, I posted 3 questions on February 17 on the “U.s.a. Fraction Manual…” thread which were addressed to no one in particular. Go ahead, give those a try if you want to :) .

Edited by someone

I think your questions would be answered best by explaining Iran's role in An Act of War's alternative reality storyline: They're overrun by Iraq.

There will be much more detail once the final version of the storyline is completed and posted on the site, but the short version is, Iran goes through a revolution, and in the midst of democratic elections, Iraq's newly rebuilt Army of God rolls across the Iraq/Iran border and occupies the country. This event, along with the eventual mass-terror attacks on America, is how the USA ends up in Iraq, at least in our storyline.

Actually, in the singleplayer campaign, when you hit the beaches on your way to Baghdad, you invade an occupied and fortified Iran first.

Will any loyal Iranian resistance forces be seen in any missions? Hmmm.... :ph34r:

Well, thank you for clearing that up EvilViking.

It would have been interesting to see Iranian Tomcats and stealth Shafaq in the skies of An Act of War skies and Zulfiqar and Chieftain tanks on the battlefields of the game. But even without these, An Act of War is still one of the best mods for Zero Hour. The mod team has done a spectacular job. Congratulations. B)

I can not wait to see what else you have in store for us. :)

Hey,

I offered lots of models for Iran months ago and u guys never responded to me. I even emailed you twice or three times. Since then, I modeled more vehicles. Any mod could add Iran since 90% of modeling units and structures was done. Anyhow, I checked AAOW website today. I know, you may hate people saying "where are those updates?" so, I won't say it. But I will pray for you guys to release a version with at least two complete factions before the release of Command and Conquer 5: 40K Planetarium War.

I love AAOW 1.1 and as a big fan, I would like something to keep me waiting for the final release of the mod.

Rezz.

Edited by rezz

Thought I just draw your attention to something interesting. Ever noticed Iranian F-14 camouflage before? They say it is very effective

6e4e2380.jpg

1406.jpg

72f14IIAF_12.jpg

I am unsure, but I think Iran might have changed its F-14 camouflage after the war with Iraq.

Some more info on Iranian Tomcats:

http://www.topedge.com/panels/aircraft/sit...uadron-iiaf.htm

Edited by someone

By the way, I know there will be no Iranian side in An Act of War, but if there was, what kind of hero unit do you think it would have?