DerelictStudios Forums
Sign in to follow this  
IconOfEvi

Thailand Overthrown

There really wasn't much effort put into it...The guy just seemed to assume absolute power... I rember my teacher telling me today that if America were to lose lets say half of all leadership the contry could be up and runing in a matter of days its a shame that some govt's can't say the same you lose the king and you lose all structure..

Nicely done, Thaksin sounds like he was a twat - declairing last April's elections "invalid". Its nice that a potential pretender to Mugabe's style of "democracy" has been stopped in his tracks. Someone who is more familiar with the region will obviously be better placed to comment but I think it's probably a pretty good thing to remove people like that from power.

Something tells me that "The Terminal 2" Is going to start filming now, Staring the Thailand Prime Minister in his everlasting strugle to find a new contry and get the signitures from all U.N. Representatives to complete his collection.

Edited by Captain Miller

There really wasn't much effort put into it...The guy just seemed to assume absolute power... I rember my teacher telling me today that if America were to lose lets say half of all leadership the contry could be up and runing in a matter of days its a shame that some govt's can't say the same you lose the king and you lose all structure..

The military overthrew the PM and his government. The King is still in "power". Thailand is a constitutional monarchy, the King is a figure head. Like in Britain. In fact the coup leaders declared loyalty to him.

From what little I've heard about Shinawatra is that he's a crooked SOB. Used his money (he's a billionare, and owns the largest telecom in Thailand) to buy his way into the PM office. Then kept using it to control the nation.

Online Petition To Restore Old Thai PM :P

IDK whether to mention that its a Muslim General...doesn't seem to really matter? He has a lot of support...GOSH the PM must not have been liked. I think its because of...guess this - he didn't attack the Islam Extremists problem hard enough!??!

Online Petition To Restore Old Thai PM :P

IDK whether to mention that its a Muslim General...doesn't seem to really matter? He has a lot of support...GOSH the PM must not have been liked. I think its because of...guess this - he didn't attack the Islam Extremists problem hard enough!??!

lol... It doesn't related with Muslims at all. It's that PM who is being bitchy. Compare to Godwin, I am nearer to the Thailand. :P Southern Thailand, which is the nearest part to West Malaysia, is one of two the most bloodiest places in Thailand (the other one is the Northern area which is near the Burmese border or Myanmar). Recent revolts around there show the failure of Thaksin as a PM.

Currently watching the latest news at TV (Noon news). It's actually somewhat a peaceful coup. No fights at all. 20 tanks plus other armored vehicles are there just for controlling the places because there is a group in the army that currently has tight bond with Thaksin. Anyhow, General Sonthi has a very good relationship with King Bumipol and the royal family. It seems likely that he will be appointed as PM or so. To me, the King is likely want to show his influence.

I'm honestly not that concerned. If the King disapproves of it, all he could do is say no and I don't think the military would continue to impose their will on the country. It's obvious that the King also knows there was something very wrong with Thaksin's administration.

But Thailand is never stable, this is just another bump on the road. So long as the King's still alive, I doubt we'll have to worry about any political bloodshed in Thailand.

Edited by Eisenhower

[Phoib]Yes, but the king is also almost 80 years old.

Thats currently the weak point in the entire Thai government, I believe.

Edited by Bastep