DerelictStudios Forums
Goose

Guess That Aircraft!

Aww man, Im missing all the good ones. My PC has lapsed into a coma and Im using my mums PC. I would have got the Hunter aswell, theres like 50 posters of it at my ATC sqn.

First, I wait a few hours for confirmation from Andre since that's the gentlemanly thing to do. If those few hours pass, then I'll post something.

Logan Hartke

Since no one else wants it, Kellett XR-8. Really a nice-looking helicopter for its time.

Logan Hartke

Correct. I agree with Logan it's a funny looking helicopter sorta like a big bug..

Logan's next

Yeah, weird to see Kaman-style rotor system on a non-Kaman helicopter. Weird to see it in action at all, but weirder to see it on a non-Kaman.

Anyway, here's a pretty easy one. If it proves too difficult, I'll start showing more angles.

mysteryac45.jpg

Logan Hartke

Edited by Logan Hartke

No it's not, but I guess it looks similar. The Dragonfly has fuselage-mounted engines and could likely reside under one of this thing's wings.

Logan Hartke

It's a US WWII jet. If the war would have gone on for a year or so more it would have seen action, but it never did. Was also the first aircraft-carrier based jet fighter.

Edited by Freedom

It's a US WWII jet. If the war would have gone on for a year or so more it would have seen action, but it never did. Was also the first aircraft-carrier based jet fighter.

What? I think you have the wrong history. Carrier-based fighter? This thing was a monster. I've never read anything of the sort.

XF-87?

Very good. Your turn.

Logan Hartke