DerelictStudios Forums
Feuersturm

Come Here If You Have Ai Issues

Well, hopefully this grabebd your attention epople, weather you be new or and old Blitz'r

As of the release v 2.6, yes the development team knows about the AI issues that you may have noticed / faced in the Skirmish playing fields.

Why is it like this?

The way AI is coded is a very delicate process, taking much time and effort. The AI Does Not Work, not because the developer do not care, but the fact that it is futile to create AI for the mod currently.

Why?

Everytime the mod changes, weather it be units, attack strengths, or anything in paticular, the AI will 'break', requiring the AI to be redone. Not only is this a waste of time to do between the releases, it is very time consuming for the developers who do not get paid for the mod, and usually have work, school, or other things to do.

What can you do to help?

a) Paypal

B) Develop an AI for the release, thus fufilling your own needs

c) Pitch in work for the mod to get it going along as fast as possible

d) Be quiet, be relaxed, it will come eventually.

Now please, now that you have read this, do not keep posting the AI problem in threads, it will either get you flamed or pointed back to a previous topic already defining that the AI will not work for some time.

Thank you,

Firestorm

Edited by {LD}Firestorm

c) Pitch in work for the mod to get it going along as fast as possible

Does this mean like posting bugs etc or is there anything else we can do?

Btw do you think you could post a very short guide on how to edit the AI, or at least point us (me anyway) to the direction of were the AI INI file is or where to download it? Perhaps If i played around with the file, (i know nothing of codeing except VB) maybe i could even clean up the layout of the code for future modders?

My InI folder seems to be empty except for an empty Default folder.

Cheers

Yes i have read that actually, i did start that thread (it wasnt meant to be flamein match), but thats not what i am asking if you would kindly re-read my post...

What I am kindly asking for is not an AI patch like I first inquired about a few days ago, but just the broken AI .INI file that must be lying about somewhere, I am however going to dl the 2.6v patched INI and see if i can edit that, because I want to help out as much as I can, and i am not pretending I am in the dev-team or even pretend to be, oh i dont know, a moderator or something... <_<

#ahem#

All I was asking for was if one of the dev-team would be so kind as to write a short guide on how to at least find/edit the INI file. This would mean that forumers might give the AI coding a go while the dev team can get on with 2.7 like they wish to do.

This way if i mess about with the file, maybe I could even post a short guide on how to edit the AI for other forumers to have a go on, and thus hopefully negate the "AI doesnt work" threads after every realese...

Cheers

Well im editin the code right now, an have the easy bit done, the AI now bypasses building powerplants and builds factories etc.

However Im using avl80sgs INI, and he only has basic AI code in the 'AIData' in the Data/Default folder, which to do with mainly the AI build structure.

Is there one for vehicles? I mean a section of AI code for the vehicals? If i find this section of code hopefully ill be flying at makein a more intutitive AI. The computer at the moment will build tanks and men, but will not attack each other... Im hopeing I will find something in that section to remidy this... And fix the stupid allies spammin tanks and jeeps :blink:

I need to play a game through to feed the AI men so it the computer can shift into gear and can tech up and see hw far ive managed to edit the code, but id be nice if i didnt have to lure the computer to play...

So to the dev team mainly - do you think u can supply me this code or does it simply not exist? Like a vehical build list/structure i mean, so i can change it so the AI will build the new tanks and transports etc

Cheers

Edited by 0r30

If you are able to create a alright AI script, it would be greatly appreciated by those in the community who do not have as good as internent as msot of us do. I do beleive the INI files are located in the .blitz folders, but you need a special program to open those up (i recommend Dragon unPACKer 5, works great and easy to use)

I will edit this psot shortly to tell you where in the .blitz files it is

Program Files \ EA Games \ Command & Conquer Zero Hour \ BlitzINI.blitz

From there

BlitzINI.blitz -> Data -> INI -> Scripts

Step 1

Step1.jpg

Step 2

Step2.jpg

Step 3

Step3.jpg

And as for PSI, give the guy a break, it seems he wants to help, unlike most of the people who complain on these forums.

Edited by {LD}Firestorm

Well dont hold ur breath i dont know that much about codeing but i sure as hell will try, and thank you {LD}Firestorm for that mini guide, however one problem already is that when i open the SCB files half the characters are boxes, while half are normal words, I take it i need a more 'advanced' program to edit these other than notepad? :blink:

Neways Ill try my best, but dont count on anything fancy or even romotely intellegable for an AI :lol:

Well this is much harder than i thought, i knocked up an extremely basic fixed version of the AI in about 5mins, all they do tho is attack with basic vehicals and soliders. while the rest of the time i traweled through other scripts and settings with no luck. Im guessing I wont be able fix anything really until i can edit the scripts SCB file properly anyway, find out the new unit names etc

Unfortunately i doubt i will have the time to untake this mini project along side my A levels when I know nothin of scripting - ill best leave it to the professionals

Well dont hold ur breath i dont know that much about codeing but i sure as hell will try, and thank you {LD}Firestorm for that mini guide, however one problem already is that when i open the SCB files half the characters are boxes, while half are normal words, I take it i need a more 'advanced' program to edit these other than notepad? :blink:

Neways Ill try my best, but dont count on anything fancy or even romotely intellegable for an AI :lol:

Well, first of all you can call me Firestorm, its alot easier to type

And load up the scripts with the Blitz World Builder. Load up world builder, import the extracted script, and you should be good to go. If you need a wlakthrough on how to do that, well you will have to wait abit, I have to go out for awhile.

Good Luck

Well this is much harder than i thought, i knocked up an extremely basic fixed version of the AI in about 5mins, all they do tho is attack with basic vehicals and soliders. while the rest of the time i traweled through other scripts and settings with no luck. Im guessing I wont be able fix anything really until i can edit the scripts SCB file properly anyway, find out the new unit names etc

Unfortunately i doubt i will have the time to untake this mini project along side my A levels when I know nothin of scripting - ill best leave it to the professionals

Well, as long as you have something..... for the love of God PLEASE put it up somewhere for download! My 'net connection is far far too crappy for me to play online (wireless connection - yes I know, I'm working on getting a cable) and playing sandbox games tearing up cities with a dozen Maus is just..... well, unsatisfying, beyond a certain point that is :P I mean, I'd be satisfied even if the AI was just sending out soldiers and basic vehicles like you said it did..... I'd at least be shooting something that moved! (Apart from my own men anyway.)