DerelictStudios Forums
Feuersturm

Invasion Of The Usa

Well go ahead invade Wisconsin - our only real big cities are Madison and Milwaukee, land of Summerfest - most of the time you'd end up with men with guns on your back. Oh yeah, you would have a Packers Honor Guard of a million - expect Accele to be one of them. ;)

Well go ahead invade Wisconsin - our only real big cities are Madison and Milwaukee, land of Summerfest - most of the time you'd end up with men with guns on your back. Oh yeah, you would have a Packers Honor Guard of a million - expect Accele to be one of them. ;)

Fuck yes, I get angry when Vikings fans go near Lambeau, let alone North Koreans.

20 modern hydrogen bombs to trigger nucklear wintarr?? how about "no that would be retarded"! There have been over ONE THOUSAND nuclear tests. No nuclear winter yet :P

20 modern hydrogen bombs to trigger nucklear wintarr?? how about "no that would be retarded"! There have been over ONE THOUSAND nuclear tests. No nuclear winter yet :P

All at the same time, not spread out over 60 years. :rolleyes:

It's the difference between 200 thousand tons in small, tiny comets hitting the atmosphere over 100-200 years and an asteroid which weighs 200 thousand tons the size of Texas smacking into the Earth, except more so due to radiation.

ah by that logic the 50 MEGAton bomb the Soviets let off (Tsar bomb if you want to look it up) should have sent us back to the stone age (the hiroshima bomb 'only' had around a 13 KILOton yeild)

I dont dispute that nuclear winter could happen, but it would take a HELL of a lot more than 20 H-bombs.

Lawl, I had someone telling me North Korea was about to invade the USA back when they did their missile tests. Said he'd seen it on CNN. Assumed that the USA wouldn't be completely conquered; given enough years the USA would force the North Korean army out again. When asked how he thought the North Korean Army had any chance at all of even getting to the US, let alone all-out invading and conquering, he enlightened me to their secret superweapon. DISCIPLINE!

Because as we all know, with enough discipline, you can make bullets miss you with your steely gaze and firm-set jaw! The American Civil War proved that one.

I think some of you are missing some key facts here. Nuclear winter (as in sky blotted out, whole Earth goes cold, ice age, etc) isn't caused by the radiation from the bombs, its the force of the blast blowing tons and tons of material into the sky.

And on that note, it would take waay more than 20 H bombs to put the whole planet into hardcore nuclear winter. The St Helens eruption of 1980 was around 350MT and while that did cool global weather patterns somewhat it wasn't much. The largest individual warhead left in the US stockpile is the old B53 gravity bomb and that tops out at 9MT. And even if you count the entire MIRV package aboard an ICBM as one warhead, they only top out at around 2MT, maybe 3MT if they're all at max yield. So even allowing that the US sends 20 B-52's out with B53s, you're only going to get a combined global detonation of 180MT, barely half of St Helens.

We all know discipline is a good substitute for a functioning navy.

Yoo mean-ah dissiprine?!

Officer Riggs: flied lice? flied lice?

Chinese maphia dude/restaurant owner: it's fried rice, you plick!

Iran does have a fleet, but could easily get pwnd.

Did Yotta come with a brain?

I think some of you are missing some key facts here. Nuclear winter (as in sky blotted out, whole Earth goes cold, ice age, etc) isn't caused by the radiation from the bombs, its the force of the blast blowing tons and tons of material into the sky.

And on that note, it would take waay more than 20 H bombs to put the whole planet into hardcore nuclear winter. The St Helens eruption of 1980 was around 350MT and while that did cool global weather patterns somewhat it wasn't much. The largest individual warhead left in the US stockpile is the old B53 gravity bomb and that tops out at 9MT. And even if you count the entire MIRV package aboard an ICBM as one warhead, they only top out at around 2MT, maybe 3MT if they're all at max yield. So even allowing that the US sends 20 B-52's out with B53s, you're only going to get a combined global detonation of 180MT, barely half of St Helens.

*cough*

As a Geographer the eurption in 198 at St Helens is considered a very small eruptions considering how big the euruptions can get there are much larger and much more explosvive Voolvano's called Super Volcano's which can lead to Nuclear winter type events for example Lake Taupo in New Zealand where i live The largest eruption, known as the Oruanui eruption, ejected an estimated 1170 cubic kilometres of material and caused several hundred square kilometres of surrounding land to collapse and form the caldera.

it is believed that the eruption column was 50 kilometres high, twice as high as the eruption column from Mount St. Helens in 1980.

i could go on

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mount_Tambora

but here is a coolz link if you want to know more

I think the only way the US could be invaded is if the following happened:

I giant unholy alliance between Russia, China, India, the middle east(syria, Iran, Egypt, Saudi Arabia,etc), North Korea, Cuba, and practically the entire third and second world nations.

years of military buildup by all of those countries (building aircraft, warships, tanks, weapon systems etc.)

Complete mobilization of all available manpower by those nations

The complete annihilation of the US's allies overseas (Israel, Japan, Western Europe, etc.)

The neutralization of the United states' entire nuclear arsenal (silos, submarines)

The annihilation of the ENITRE US navy and Air force.

Seizing territory in south and central america (panama canal would probably get top priority)

And finally, Invading the US and Canada from all possbile drections in multiple landing zones and land routes. (along the west coast from the pacific, along the east coast from the atlantic, into florida from cuba, from mexico into texas and the southern states)

Basically, an invasion of the US: It aint going to happen.

And north korea alone invading america? Bullshit. Reminds me of this weeks episode of jericho. Good show, anyone else watch it?

Edited by Kaiser_Smeghead

I think some of you are missing some key facts here.  Nuclear winter (as in sky blotted out, whole Earth goes cold, ice age, etc) isn't caused by the radiation from the bombs, its the force of the blast blowing tons and tons of material into the sky. 

And on that note, it would take waay more than 20 H bombs to put the whole planet into hardcore nuclear winter.  The St Helens eruption of 1980 was around 350MT and while that did cool global weather patterns somewhat it wasn't much.  The largest individual warhead left in the US stockpile is the old B53 gravity bomb and that tops out at 9MT.  And even if you count the entire MIRV package aboard an ICBM as one warhead, they only top out at around 2MT, maybe 3MT if they're all at max yield.  So even allowing that the US sends 20 B-52's out with B53s, you're only going to get a combined global detonation of 180MT, barely half of St Helens.

*cough*

As a Geographer the eurption in 198 at St Helens is considered a very small eruptions considering how big the euruptions can get there are much larger and much more explosvive Voolvano's called Super Volcano's which can lead to Nuclear winter type events for example Lake Taupo in New Zealand where i live The largest eruption, known as the Oruanui eruption, ejected an estimated 1170 cubic kilometres of material and caused several hundred square kilometres of surrounding land to collapse and form the caldera.

it is believed that the eruption column was 50 kilometres high, twice as high as the eruption column from Mount St. Helens in 1980.

i could go on

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mount_Tambora

but here is a coolz link if you want to know more

You missed my point entirely.

I know about Krakatoa, Tambora, Taupo, Toba, and Yellowstone. However I couldn't find measurements on the ones in historical times in MT save for St Helens. In no way was I trying to imply St Helens was a big eruption. It is an example that disproved the 20 H bomb = nuclear winter myth.

Reminds me of this weeks episode of jericho. Good show, anyone else watch it?

No, but I've been kind of following it because I want to see where they go with it, care to give a quick recap of what's going on?

ok to me it seems u people have no faith in the technology we have...i mean we have damm spy drones and satelites looking down at north korea every day prob. if they were to start moving their army .... wouldnt we notice? our navy is in the area 2 so they wont get any ships out to the pacific. umm thier navy is also weak beatable like iran. the 1 thing that will help us in taking kim out of power is the very situation going on now. the country is running out of food to supply the people. the people of north korea are going to starve unfortunatly. extreme carefull measures r to be taken by china, japan, sk, and us in order to stop the north from doing anything drastic. remember.....china is on our side for this conflict :D. im pretty sure china does not want thier neighbor having or fireing nukes. china beter act like a world power and know that a leader like kim should NOT have nukes, even iran a terrorist country that is thought to be unpradictable on what could happen with them having nuclear technology...

im not dumb....just trying to state a point. north korea is beatable....just needs some time. if diplomacy fails...our last option will be to finaly finish what we started many years ago by invading the north. i say a community coalition with china,sk and japan (if japan has a army, im not 2 sure tho. we limited thier army after ww2)

i mean we have damm spy drones and satelites looking down at north korea every day prob. if they were to start moving their army .... wouldnt we notice?

The tunnels man, the tunnels.

And China delcare war on an ally?

If you remember correctly, the entire reason we went from winning to losing the war was because the damned Chinese came in at the last minute...and then instead of fighting them back, we kinda did a fight-retreat to the 36th Parallel...and then authorization to continue was not given...so where we are today is because of them - they single handedly saved the NK regime, and I would not be suprised if NK is run really by China. I really fear war looms with China one of these days.

the entire reason we went from winning to losing the war was because the damned Chinese came in at the last minute

Goddam General MacArthur. Always has a way of pissing everyone off, even the goddam chinese.

But seriously, it's been half a decade. China doesn't want a dead broke, weak, pathetic regime as an ally, even if they're both "communist".