DerelictStudios Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Samurai Snack

So Is This Mod Still Being Updated?

The old units will play like new units because Vinifera7 is rebalancing them. Also, we've made various enhancements to the gameplay that I think you'll find most pleasing. Maybe if you like, and i'm bored, i'll create a huge image preview of one of the new AR2 maps that you'll get to duke it out on. Maybe.

You'd include the minimap image, I'd hope.

I'm all for teasers, I want to see little bits to keep my interest.

(Of course, I'd still be interested even if you don't)

Edited by Nemoricus

When i show map previews I show something like this... and no, this isn't an ar2 map or anything that i know of. I just randomly searched my comp for an example.

post-23-1162055734.gif

On good news, I have Windows Vista installed now, not Linux Fedora Core, so I can now defenitley MAP MAKE :D...I hope...

Harder on the compy...and I got tired of it (it was a RC) so I put Fedora Core 6 on.

Ahh, I see.

But, does it do everything that Windows XP does?

Program compatability?

Better desktop graphics?

Does it change the BIOS?

Will it install successfully on any Windows system?

Is it secure? Safe from viruses?

How much harder?

Will all the programs already on the Windows XP system be safely integrated into Vista?

I JUST GOT MY YR DISC BACK!!! Yippee!

Oooh, I just can't wait to play this mod again. And my other favorite mod been updated since I last looked at it, too. MUST PLAY NOW!

OR SOON!

Edited by Magus15690

Well I just got back from my trip. I did complete a new AR2 map (minimap found 1 topic below) and I've written a few unit voice lines, but nothing more from my side of things.

The Version 5.0 damage system has a lot of flaws and is biased in favor of Nemesis with insanely overpowered Apocalypse tanks.

I haven't found Apocalypse tanks such a worry, playing against the AI. Genesis Enforcers loaded with Shiners do a good job on Apocs provided you meet them more than halfway from your base - both the Enforcers and the Shiners deployed inside them out-range Apocs, so you hit and run against them (of course a slug-out is suicide). I've done this on maps which are too poor to fund more high-tech approaches or too small to allow the time for high tech.

I find Catastrophes more of a problem - they have lower firepower but excellent range. Fortunately for me on small / poor maps the AI builds Apocs and rushes with them without long-range support from Catastrophes or even Quads (it's usually wasted its Quads in a premature rush earlier).

IMO the biggest problems in 5.0 (apart from Internal Errors) are:

* Armageddon is too powerful.

* The 100% cost penalty for Genesis' factory units if a Venagenium is present. So I scrap the Venagenium as soon my Airbase is built and then I go for a big fleet of Ravens (which slaughter tank groups and only have trouble against massed Quads, since the Sentinel AA units are so slow the Ravens just go round and hit Nemesis from the other side).