DerelictStudios Forums
Sign in to follow this  
ChineseICman

I Need Graphics Card

Well I suck with computers. I know a little but not much. I've been shearching becuase chances of me getting a ps3 before my b-day is low...

So i think Ill get me a video card for now. I still have a crap intel 82865G graphics controller. Well I watched a video on company of heroes and baddly wanna play it. I also wouldn't mind playing battlefield 2 or even battlefield 2142. Anyway I don't have a price range but if you guys could help look it be helpful. Me and my buddy kanga have been shearching but I can't find a good one for cheap.

If you find a good deal post a link so I can judge it and buy it. Also I have no clue whats good. Kanga does but i can't get much from him.

Well maybe I do have a little price range...

Oh i forgot to mention I can only use PCI

Not express ether..

Newegg didnt have very good PCI cards.

I've seen ftw a lot but never found out what it means. Please tell me so I can finnaly know.

But for real So know I'm fucked and noone will help....

Looks like I'm going to be camping out side my locale wal-mart to get a ps3 instead of a graphics card.

hhmm, you want to play new games and you dont even have an AGP port? Just how old is your rig? What are the rest of the specs of your PC? Mobo, Ram(quantity and type), CPU.

Coms not to old, but its a dell...

2004 dell dimension 3000.

I dont know the motherboard is thats whats your saying when you say mobo

510 ram

pentuim 4-2.8 ghz

Well, you're screwed. Your only option is to buy an entirely new computer. The chances are that your Pentium 4 is an old socket 478 CPU, so it won't be compatible with new motherboards. And if that's true, that means that you have DDR1 RAM and not DDR2 RAM as new motherboards and CPUs require.

The fastest PCI video card available is the X1300, I believe. But even that is woefully slow, you definately won't be able to play the newest games at decent settings.

Take this as a lesson to never buy desktop PCs from Dell. Now your only option is to buy an entirely new computer. You probably can't even reuse the case or power supply from your Dell in your new computer, as they often use proprietary parts.

So I can buy a brand new com for 800 ( cheapest and prople go outdated next year) or I can go camping for 600. I think I will try camping, if it fails then I will get me a new dell.

...if it fails then I will get me a new dell.

Have you learned anything at all about buying from Dell? Their computers are notoriously non-upgradeable. Just build your own, then you can upgrade whenever you want.

I will get me a new dell.

:blink:

more like :wacko:

don't ever buy dell computers.

go to a friend, ask them to build a gaming PC for you within your price range.

btw, AGP ftw!

That assumes you know someone who can do that.. i dont and I have no idea how to actually put a PC together, let alone install everything. So i'm pretty much limited to Dell. I want to upgrade my graphics card and processor next year, but I'm probably going to buy them and take it into a computer shop and pay them to do it all for me.

Well if not dell then what? that novatech uses euro so i dont think my money is any good. HP suck same as dell. Plus I dont know anyone who can make a com. :(

It's not hard to put them together, all the parts should come with an installation manual.

Hell, if I can put one together anyone can.

Buying from computers Dell is like hiring Amish people to do your electricity...