DerelictStudios Forums
Spikey00

Problems, All Over.

Hello. I'm glad that I can finally install this mod into the directory of the game, but I do have a few problems, which I've seen from other parts of the forum.

- There are missing medals in the Skirmish area, where the old medals are. It displays missing medals, and none of the new ones. It does, in fact show the old medals from Generals.

- The Skirmish, with the AI, immediately starts, and then declares me the winner. I am not sure if this problem has been resolved, or is being resolved.

- Almost everything has the "MISSING:" in front of it. Actually, I do not know of much which doesn't have that there.

I have ZH Generals patched to the latest plugin, and running a Windows XP Windows Media Edition computer. There are no viruses on the computer what-so-ever, or at least that my virus scanner doesn't know of.

Any help would be appreciated. :)

*Looks for a while*

Sorry for asking.. But, how do you obtain the Language Version in ZH?

BTW, I forgot to put this in the original post, but, this is also TFD.

Some servers that host the "missing" part are currupt, wont effect gameplay but it is annoying.

Tell us the Server you downloaded from, and then go and redownload it from a different server.

I had a simmilar issue when i first downloaded Blitz II a few years back.

I do believe I have downloaded the mod from FilesFront.

I will redownload the mod from a different server. :P

EDIT : The results :

-> Downloaded from the Blitzkrieg server.

-> Successful download.

-> Started the Blitzkrieg mod, not from the TFD menu.

-> The usual error... Overheated hardware, yadda yadda yadda...

EDIT EDIT : There were no other mods in place, which could interfere with the installation. Or that I know of.

:(

Edited by Spikey00

try uninstalling the mod then rolling back your windows install to the point before you installed blitz 2 and then reinstall it using the file off DS

Still does not work...

=[

EDIT : I restarted my computer, and it ran. Only except that I recieve the same problem before all of your good help. :( Which was the immediate "You are victorious!" when starting a skirmish game with Hard AI.

But, it did fix one thing, with the MISSING:(Faction/unit/ect). That is a start.

EDIT EDIT : I was browsing along the support forums, and came along one topic. Is there actually no AI in Blitzkrieg 2.6.15?

Edited by Spikey00

Raptor is working on an AOD (Art of Defence map), where numerous CPU units attack you for a certain amount of time, growing steadily stronger each time.

Currently, the AI is basically dead, and doesnt work.

But the AOD uses scripting and will allow for a single-player game.

As for me, im owrking on a actual single-player mission (as a custom map and not for the Blitz2 team, il clarify that right now), which should allow those who want to play single-player missions some more map choices.

Ahh, I see. Is there a version with working AI? I heard that 2.5 has AI from somewhere in this forum.

The link to any version other than 2.6 are gone on the Blitzkrieg website, so does anyone else have a link to a possible AI-filled Blitzkrieg version? All I do is just play offline. ;)

because we changed the unit lists so much that the AI scripts reference many things that don't exist any longer....

I don't understant ... IN THE 2.5 Skirmish work ... why does not work on 2.6.15 ?

Oh

my

god

have you binded that sentence to a key on your keyboard? because I think the Ctrl + V keys must've worn off by now....

This is the reason that 2.6's AI doesn't work anymore. And why you shouldn't expect the AI to work properly until 3.0.

Pretty much every change to the code can screw up the AI in ways that you wouldn't believe. Even stuff that you normally wouldn't think would screw up the AI could. Now, because the changes to the Blitz game are rather rapid with the whole 2.5->2.6->etc. it would be a lot of extra work to include properly working AI for every single version. Now, because 3.0 is (I'm guessing?) the last major version, it's easier for the BlitzII crew to disreguard the AI now, and just make it later.

I don't understant ... IN THE 2.5 Skirmish work ... why does not work on 2.6.15 ?

Oh

my

god

have you binded that sentence to a key on your keyboard? because I think the Ctrl + V keys must've worn off by now....

or his a spambot and deserves a ip ban :lol: jk

you guys better put a sticky before all the other new comers ask the same question all over again :ph34r:

Ah. Well I do hope they get on it before '08.

Just wait till the new patch is out, then play on-line, that's what I had to do. Just learn from getting owned... again and again... I'm not even one for playing RTS games on-line

In case your wondering, the new patch fixes errors on line, so once the patch is out, after a few days everyone will have it, so the blitzII battle room will be packed with players. (its empty now) So just call out newer players if you haven't played it before/in ages, that's what I want to do, get about four new players or something

As for the other errors most can be ignored, And the AI will take ages to fix and you can't beat playing a human anyway

Lots of people use the 'unofficial missmatch patch' to play online, it works.

where can i get that?!?!

I thought everyone needed the patch coming out to play a game w/o MMs...