DerelictStudios Forums
Pranadevil

Struggle Of Addiction

I had about 120 days played on my account. That's equal to 2,880 hours in total.

Holy shit! And I thought the 140+ hours I spent playing Final Fantasy X was excessive.

I tried out WoW before and soon realized that it would require VAST amounts of my time to be worth playing. I decided that I would rather do other things with my time besides just playing WoW.

Later one of my college buddies asked me about the game and I was telling him about it and how it was pretty sweet and all. Another of my buddies overheard me and interuped me saying "Woah! You're not trying to get him to play WoW are you? That shit is worse than crack!"

120 days played for him really isn't all THAT bad, if he meant from launch day to when he quit. Hell I had 120 days played from launch till last May...and in my ultra-hardcore guild that was the average (I knew several who had 200+ days played).

OMFG I CANT GET AWAY FROM THIS FUCKING GAME!

I thought this would be the one place where the icy hands of Blizzard hasnt touched. I was wrong.. Been playing on my mage scicne Jan 05 have 100 days played on him I also have a 60 rogue that I hate. I dont raid I enjoy the game for its PvP aspects more then anything but I recently moved to a PvE server to have the best of both worlds. I do plan on going outside to camp outside bestbuy on the day the expansion comes out. I dont know how they did it but they created a game to end all games.

World of Warcraft

WoW the DnD RPG game

WoW the board game

WoW the SP episode

WoW the T shirts

WoW the card game

WoW the movie.

Even on a DS forum World of fucking Warcraft...

I cant escape.... DONT PLAY THIS GAME IF YOU HAVNT LIVE YOUR LIFE AND ENJOY IT.

:lol:

155 days @ lvl60 on my rogue (only raids) about 20 days on my warrior (only BGs).

I still have fun with my guildies day in day out. Someone had said earlier that leaving friends behind was the hardest part. I'd have to agree, since WoW leans towards being very social if you want to excell at it.

:lol:

155 days @ lvl60 on my rogue (only raids) about 20 days on my warrior (only BGs).

I still have fun with my guildies day in day out. Someone had said earlier that leaving friends behind was the hardest part. I'd have to agree, since WoW leans towards being very social if you want to excell at it.

So that's why I never see you around :o.

The only thing going for WOW is the social stuff... even if it is funny at times, the gameplay still requires minimal skill. PVE is basically "How leet is ur gear" combined with "If one person out of 40/20/5 fucks up its over" and PVP is "Mash cooldowns/pots and hope you get better gear next time to PVP in". Although they have made the PVP grind a lot better I hear... but still, there's nothing there except the social aspect.

My gear isnt the best I do think PvP takes 100% more skill then pve imo its all about countering and keeping on your toes. at least thats the way I play on my mage. So who is getting the burning crusade?

If I were to get it for Christmas, I'd probably return it, but would really like to burn it to a crisp and send the ashes back along with a no thank you note.

My gear isnt the best I do think PvP takes 100% more skill then pve imo its all about countering and keeping on your toes. at least thats the way I play on my mage. So who is getting the burning crusade?

PvP and PvE are just boring for me. PvP Duels? Yeah, right. One class usually has a distinct advantage and will almost always win without a lucky resist/critical/miss. PvP Arena? Yeah, that's fun until you run into a T3 organized group (Read: 3/4's of the teams on the arena) and they rape you, or better still a team with all Paladins. WSG/AB/AV just isn't enough to keep me interested in the game.

WoW is very little 'skill-based' and much more 'gear/level/class-based'. Most classes could pick two or three spells, and run around a PvP group with just those and do fine. In my opinion, it doesn't take a whole lot of skill to put together an ZHC -> Frostbolt macro. Or to just use Ice Barrier and pound the other player to hell and back with Frostbolt/Frost Nova/Cold Snap.

If you want a MMORPG PvP game that takes at least some semblance of skill > gear, you're pretty much out of luck until Darkfall comes out.

WoW is very little 'skill-based'

That also applies to all other MMORPG games. I don't know why it's called player V player, when it's actually character V character, as it's the character's skills being tested, not the players :/

Edited by PsiSoldier28

Super Mario was pretty difficult. It costed my friend a Nintendo because the console dropped down, dead, after several attempt of jumpings. You know, when someone gets into the game so much, pushing the buttons like mad, pulling away the controller cable and abit by bit dragging away the console.... to oblivion.

I didn't say they were complicated, just difficult.

Logan Hartke

:P you missunderstood I was actually agreeing with you. Although i think it might been select then start, it was an old code for Contra. Classic scrolling game.

My favs were always the vertical rather than the horizontal ones though.

Galaga, 1942, River Raid, things like that. A lot of those old game are still entertianing and provide a great deal more challenge than most new games.

Anyhoo, who cares, all games are 'push this button at this specific time to kill/capture/create/blah/blah/blah' The important thing is whether or not you are being entertianed and having fun while doing so.

Galaga, and 1942

You are my fucking hero.

Although, did you ever play Ninja Gaiden?

Yeah, that was a game that actually took skill to play, because you weren't this unstoppable Chuck Norris character and could be killed off by the numbers of nameless guards.