DerelictStudios Forums
Count von Phoib

Adam Was 60 Feet

ROFL. Well, they do sound like your Derka derka! Allah-Jihammed types...

Their posts sound freakily like evangelical Christians... :unsure:

Edited by Freedom

You know, their "May Allah bless you!" blablabla etc sounds a lot like "Teh powar of Jesus compels you!"blablabla etc...

Each religion talks about giants that lived on earth a long time ago. What these people don't realize is that those stories used to be transferred from generation to generation using speach only, they didn't know how to write yet = huge exaggerations (you know, campfire stories) and misinterpretations between literal and figurative thinking.

E: what are you doing there anyway, making interesting discussions? I must register :D

Edited by k4l4sh

You know, their "May Allah bless you!" blablabla etc sounds a lot like "Teh powar of Jesus compels you!"blablabla etc...

I won't get into a religious discussion because it's not something I do for a number of reasons, but oftentimes public opinion bases itself on the most visible portion of a certain population group, in this case televangelists. Televangelists are to most of the evangelical Christian population what radical militant fundamentalists are to Muslims. Deplorable, self-centered, self-righteous, and blasphemous examples of gross misinterpretation of scriptures. They're both typically doing more harm to the religions they're standing for than good. The only ones that benefit from their actions are themselves.

Be careful when you generalize. When, for the sake of simplicity, you lump all evangelical Christians in with the attributes of your choice, in this case those of Jim Bakker, you start making generalizations that shouldn't be made.

You wouldn't lump maskawaih in with Osama Bin Laden, so don't lump me in with Pat Robertson.

Logan Hartke

I do hear something like that before. I mean, stories like the Prophets were tall and such. But to my knowledge so far, it's something like not clearly written. More like bed time stories that being passed down through generations. There are surely some religious books about this kind of stuffs. However, some of them have uncertain sources.

I am too just as curious as any other human beings. Even though I am a follower of Muhammad, I'd rather not following him blindly. I am kinda extreme with what I believe but I'd not really like to disturb other people for what I believe. I do dislike people who are too extreme over certain things. Well, we all do dislike such thing.

What I do, prayers and such, are something that real obligations that I must follow and clear. Some other small and nifty stuffs, I prefer to get better knowledge of it before following it. Some extremist are just following what been asked to them. That just plain dumb.

I do have some people who don't agree with me for such things. For example, as you obviously know, there are two major Muslim sects which are Sunni and Shiite. Apart from that, there are other legal schools beyond each sect. Each has rules for do's and don'ts. Mostly are same but there are actually have slight differences. Such small things may led to arguments. It's like, there's practice for Shafi'e school that I must follow but the practice isn't necessary for other schools. Those persons, like I pointed earlier, feel that I made somewhat blasphemous attempt as I didn't follow such practice. For me, there's only one banner that I should follow which is Islam. Call me Maskawaih the Unorthodox, I would prefer that way. God does give us brain for us to think.

Holy crap Phoib I just noticed your new avatar, LMAO! I loved the Russian Winnie the Pooh cartoons!

Sava, Otvechay! Medved prishol!! :lol:

I didn't know all religions believed that.

I do believe people were much bigger way back when, but why is a whole nother matter...that'll make me sound really weird.

So I guess Im THAT stupid?

^_^

You're very instigatory, key0p, moreso than likely anyone else on the forum (even Monkey, Rattus, and Accele -- and that's saying something). In this instance, I'm going to have to leave you to your own amusement since I have no interest in debating my religious convictions with you. Have fun.

Logan Hartke

0wned. Matters not if Adam was 60 feet to say the bait was not taken.

BTW, even though I think people were on average bigger, 60 feet is ridiculous.

Ive no interest in debating your religion either Logan, sounds quite pointless.Ive got no problem pointing out how hilarious I found your reaction though.Religion is not some kind of shield that means you dont cop criticism.Yes I am instigatory, especially on next to no sleep, I dont apologise though, coz I really dont think I was out of line.

Oh and Icon, owned? I think not, more like Logan being touchy about his imaginary friend again.You want owned, just take a look at nearly every response to your posts.

(even Monkey, Rattus, and Accele -- and that's saying something)

The difference is I don't try to instigate conflict normally.

(Oh is this my queue?)

Icon, ever heard of the square-cube law?

Televangelists are to most of the evangelical Christian population what radical militant fundamentalists are to Muslims.  Deplorable, self-centered, self-righteous, and blasphemous examples of gross misinterpretation of scriptures.  They're both typically doing more harm to the religions they're standing for than good.  The only ones that benefit from their actions are themselves.

Main similarity, something which even you'd have a hard time denying thlough is that while Televangelists and the Death-to-Israel Imams are there only little flecks of insanity, it's not like they're preaching to empty seats.

Followers, massive gobs of followers are needed for them to be manipulative and corrupt in the first place. Yes, it's one heinous and vile thing to be the ringmaster of evil, but it's also a vile thing to be swayed by that, no? To feed the beast, to sell one's soul, to be the burning ember of hatred. That is not a misdirection beyond one's control. Not if you believe in any slither of a free will. Ideas are not injustices until you have a mob willing to carry them out.

Now what do you think the non-Imam, non-Robertson persons, the ones in the audience before them clapping and cheering consider themselves? The ones who voted in Hamas? the ones who pray for the deaths of Supreme Court justices? Not to say all of their faith are like that, but the line often gets blurred disturbingly broad.

Now see, there's the rub. (Not that I'm trying to sound like an ass, Logan, or harass you, but you know there is a difference between Il Duce and brownshirt. At least, I had hoped you did.)

Edited by Rattuskid

Uhh, you might have poked Logan in a soft spot enough to piss him off. I'm gonna get popcorn, this might get interesting.

The funy thing about crazy fundementalists is that they're well... fundementalists. It's not so much a matter of what banner you fly, but whether you let it wrap around your eyes while it waves.

Hence why the modifier 'evangelical' was placed before 'Christian' in the first comparison. To a lot of people, on both sides of the Christian-cutoff line, that's like the 'fundemental' in front of 'Muslim' (or 'militant' in front of 'liberal' even). When you use charged labels to define yourself then you know what... people are going to give you charged reactions.

God's a lot like anime. Awesome and all, but dear sweet fuck the fanboys are nuts. :(

Edited by Rattuskid

Check your meaning of "evangelical". It encompasses most of Christianity. In fact, about the only Christians it doesn't encompass are Calvinists. Until you get your definitions straight, Rattus, your arguments are too flawed to hold any water.

Logan Hartke

Check your meaning of "evangelical". It encompasses most of Christianity. In fact, about the only Christians it doesn't encompass are Calvinists. Until you get your definitions straight, Rattus, your arguments are too flawed to hold any water.

Logan Hartke

Don't go reinventing the wheel as a square Logan. I held you in better regard than to play a switch up between all 'evangelism' and and 'evangelicalism'. You used it, just now (and months ago in a PM to me) as a modifier for what type of Christian you are. You're too good with words to be that needlessly redundant if you actually believe that the vast majority of Christians are evangelicals anyway.

See, these type of dualities are one of the things that people flag off on which side of the fence one sits with their beliefs, regardless of whether you throw in or out Calvinism or Methodism or what all not.

Basically put, the issue, repeated untold times across all of human history is whether you have the ability to distingush yourself from the mob, rationally, when the opportunity presents itself.