DerelictStudios Forums

When I get the generals power for the allies that gives you the extra planes it does not unlock the mosquito or the spitfire does anyone know whats the problem?

Edited by Trekdude

us subside:

1.us subside(click at command bunker)

2.allied stuart

3.allied command

4.allied bombers(it should be american bombers,not yet done)

5.american air power(p51 and p47)

uk subside:

1.uk subside(click at command bunker)

2.allied stuart

3.allied command

4.allied bombers(it should be british bombers,not yet done)

5.american air power(temporary i think,musquito and spitfire)

Edited by SovietSteel

It's all subsides, once you've chosen US you can't get UK units and vice versa. Also, if you want to be able to use the Nuke then you can't get either the US or UK Heavy Factory!!!

Needless to say I haven't used the nuke yet!!! (I like to be able to fight my enemies, not just brag at them about how powerful I'll be if they'd hold off their attack for 15 minutes or so...)

Remember to pick wether you want to go USA or UK at your Command Bunker at the start of the game, before you try and spend the levelling points :)

It's all subsides, once you've chosen US you can't get UK units and vice versa. Also, if you want to be able to use the Nuke then you can't get either the US or UK Heavy Factory!!!

Needless to say I haven't used the nuke yet!!! (I like to be able to fight my enemies, not just brag at them about how powerful I'll be if they'd hold off their attack for 15 minutes or so...)

Don't get nuke, it sucks now. You'd be better off trying to spam T-28 and just blasting the other guys base away froom the other side of the map. :P

But yeah, at the start of the game, you start out with your bunker selected

you'll see a picture of a us flag and 1 right next to it with a british flag, you can only pick 1

And well duh, if you want us type units like mustange and T-28, then hit the us flag

and if you for some reason fell like playing as the british, Then hit the brit flag

It only costs $1 (which is stupid make it $0 like USA stradegy center in regular zh)

And it kinda interfers with ur purchasing when your a dollar short of a couple more infantry...

Ok. I've just, specifically because I said I'm not a Nuke person, tried using the nuke while playing as the Allies.

It's worth waiting for, if you like that kind of thing. But I don't, so: Nyeh...

Also, why are the T-28, A39 and Maus avaialable? They never got past the prototype stage. The Maus I can understand since that would have gone into production had the Germans lasted another year.

But the T-28 and the Tortoise were both built really early in the war as the American and British way of saying "we could make super-heavy tanks, but we're not going to..."

Would have been better to replace them with production tanks, like the Sherman Calliope for the Yanks and the Churchill for the Brits. It totally defeats the object for the Allies to have super-heavy tanks. The Allies defining characteristic was endless mass production of medium to heavy tanks.

Ok, grumble over. :D

Edited by EI8HT-F

Ok. I've just, specifically because I said I'm not a Nuke person, tried using the nuke while playing as the Allies.

It's worth waiting for, if you like that kind of thing. But I don't, so: Nyeh...

Also, why are the T-28, A39 and Maus avaialable? They never got past the prototype stage. The Maus I can understand since that would have gone into production had the Germans lasted another year.

But the T-28 and the Tortoise were both built really early in the war as the American and British way of saying "we could make super-heavy tanks, but we're not going to..."

Would have been better to replace them with production tanks, like the Sherman Calliope for the Yanks and the Churchill for the Brits. It totally defeats the object for the Allies to have super-heavy tanks. The Allies defining characteristic was endless mass production of medium to heavy tanks.

Ok, grumble over. :D

1.Sherman Calliope - rejected so many times

2.Churchill - i think i saw a code for its mortar weapon(not sure)

I don't know with you guys but I also get a French subfaction in the Allies.

i can use a couple of T70s and those french junkies you called Tank can now rest in my units destroy list :rolleyes:

The problem with the Sherman calliope is that it equalizes all sides too much.

The most interesting game play is achieved by an asymmetric unit setup, meaning you don't provide each side with the same type of units on every level.

You already have rocket throwers for the Russian and German sides. Why are you so desperate to equalize all sides by now giving the Allies the same thing?

It's not that we don't know those vehicles existed, but the decision to include them is based upon other parameters then mere existence.

It's a game, very loosely based upon history and with no pretension to be a WWII simulator. That's where the super heavy stuff comes into the picture: they provide an amusing "secret weapons" aspect to the game. But nothing more. If you want to recreate WWII, there are more then enough WWII RTS games available now. ;)

The first goal of Blitz is to be a game, not a simulator. The -sometimes difficult- decisions were made with that perspective into mind.

The problem with the Sherman calliope is that it equalizes all sides too much.

The most interesting game play is achieved by an asymmetric unit setup, meaning you don't provide each side with the same type of units on every level.

You already have rocket throwers for the Russian and German sides. Why are you so desperate to equalize all sides by now giving the Allies the same thing?

It's not that we don't know those vehicles existed, but the decision to include them is based upon other parameters then mere existence.

It's a game, very loosely based upon history and with no pretension to be a WWII simulator. That's where the super heavy stuff comes into the picture: they provide an amusing "secret weapons" aspect to the game. But nothing more. If you want to recreate WWII, there are more then enough WWII RTS games available now. ;)

The first goal of Blitz is to be a game, not a simulator. The -sometimes difficult- decisions were made with that perspective into mind.

Not desperate to equalise. Its already equal, the Krauts, Yanks and Brits all get UberTanks! Historically only one of those sides even got close to mass-producing a superheavy.

To be honest I said Sherman Calliope because I couldn't think of an American tank type that isn't already covered by the game, aside from the Medium M3 Lee (And who'd want that when they've got the Sherman?) or the Light M24 Chaffee (which although small would have potential as a glider-deployed reinforcement). Neither of these would really fill the gap left by the super-heavy.

Also I think the British subfaction needs a superweapon. Like the Lancaster 'Grand Slam' earthquake bomb. Right now the UK is just a kind of "And we're here as well" that everyone ignores because its so much weaker then everyone else.

Or what about instead of a new unit, production lines upgrade? Increase build speed and decrease cost of the med tanks?

Just like the Russian Homeland side?

Or what about instead of a new unit, production lines upgrade? Increase build speed and decrease cost of the med tanks?

Just like the Russian Homeland side?

Heheh... British special unit: Home Guard. Watch your enemies laugh themselves to death as your brave boys train and drill with brooms, an air rifle and some sharpened stakes to discourage paratroopers!

The British upgrade of the Sherman is far superior to the Yanks' Easy Eight. THAT is why i ofetn play as the Brits. Plus the Mosquito bombs are just insanely awesome if you can micro your bombers at all and make one bombs each target rather than all on one spot...

Do you hotkey your airforce to one key (For instance 0) then micro manage as they're in the air? Or do you assign each plane to a key (4 plans, 7,8,9,0) and do it that way?

The British upgrade of the Sherman is far superior to the Yanks' Easy Eight. THAT is why i ofetn play as the Brits. Plus the Mosquito bombs are just insanely awesome if you can micro your bombers at all and make one bombs each target rather than all on one spot...

Yes. The Firefly is a beautifully powerful tank. Problem is that when you play as UK you don't get access to the Nuke. There needs to be something in there instead.

.....tanks tanks tanks.. .. more artillery :)

one thing i gotta say.. no matildas :(

but where are the nubelwerfers. hmm.

microing bombers is effective, but a distraction... ... ill arty rush your base then blow all your tanks to dust then run away befoe you reach me :)

.....tanks tanks tanks.. .. more artillery :)

one thing i gotta say.. no matildas :(

but where are the nubelwerfers. hmm.

microing bombers is effective, but a distraction... ... ill arty rush your base then blow all your tanks to dust then run away befoe you reach me :)

Why don't you like Matildas? They're heavily armoured and... "mumble"...

"?"

I said they're heavily armoured and mumble...

"?"

Alright they're cute! They're cute OK? Daah, get off my back!

I personally love Matildas to bits. They're my favourite WWII tank. But I wouldn't press the issue cause asking for a Matilda when you're given a Sherman is like asking for a cricket ball in a sock when you've been given a rifle... :(

Yes. The Firefly is a beautifully powerful tank. Problem is that when you play as UK you don't get access to the Nuke. There needs to be something in there instead.

There will be something instead...

If you search the forums deep enough you'll know what's planned for that...

and Scythe,

please read the forum rules on how big a sig can be, before I delete yours....

... But I wouldn't press the issue cause asking for a Matilda when you're given a Sherman is like asking for a cricket ball in a sock when you've been given a rifle... :(

YMMD! :lol:

Regards,

ironduke57