DerelictStudios Forums
jonwil

My Work On C&c3 So Far

Hm? WAV most likely.

Doesn't look like it. Extracted two, fed them into the decompressor (they seem uncompressed, there was no filesize change) and then changed the extensions to .wav and nothing worked.

Either I didn't extract audio files, or they're not mp3. Just tested.

EDIT: Trying a few random files here. Whilst WinAMP isn't locking up like it was when I tried them with .wavs, it's not doing anything.

Edited by Arcalane

I looked around DemoGame.dat code and:

- they removed functionality "-preferLocalFiles" completely, so it's not just blocked. The main code is still checking the param, but the flag is not accessed by any function, most probably they "commented out" that code for the Demo release.

- to run game in window mode you can either execute:

CNC3Demo.exe -win -xpos 0 -ypos 0

or

DemoGame.dat.exe -config CNC3_english_1.0.SkuDef -win -xpos 0 -ypos 0

or

edit first line in "CNC3_english_1.0.SkuDef" to look like:

set-exe DemoGame.dat -win -xpos 0 -ypos 0

- files in "CNC3_english_1.0.SkuDef" do not overload, so first file with given name will be loaded - any modded .big file should be first on the list:

add-big nointros.big

add-big DemoStreams.big

add-big DemoMovies.big

add-big DemoData.big

add-search-path big:

nointros.zip_

Edited by kmx

In order to give a better interface to jonwil's code in the first post and make a friendly way to allow people to view the files inside the .BIG files (and later to make their own .BIGs), I've released OS BIG Editor. The OS stands for Open Source ;), but I use Delphi... and I guess some of you don't like it :P.

It would be better if Matze still worked on FinalBIG, but if he doesn't want to do that, at least there is an open source alternative now.

And I said very early version, because I haven't fully worked on the interface, and it doesn't save new BIG files either, just view or extract them. And it doesn't display any binary files properly, because I'm using a very cheap way to display files at the moment...

Our programmer at RedSystem forums (www.redsys.ru) has already written such a tool yesterday, it is called "Final Kane". This two are almost identical.

(He use C++)

Latest version here

Edited by Froniki

Hello everybody ! I'm new here, and just to present myself, I'm a member of the team of the french website Time of War.com, biggest french C&C community. I'm developping a suite of tools called "TOW Tools", which contains a BIG Editor. It can currently perfectly extract the .big files from C&C3, but of course can't decompress the compressed files. It's available in multiple language (including english, french, german and polish), you can dowload it here if you're interested (I joined a screenshot to show you the interface, and note that it supports adding/extracting files with drag & drop from and to the explorer).

This tool is currently written in VB 6 (boooo, shame on me). But for the next version, I've begun rewriting it from scratch using VB.Net 2005 (I also know some won't like it :D). I would be very interested to use jonwil's code in my program (either rewriting it in VB.Net or creating a DLL from it). But since my program isn't currently Open Source, I suppose you wouldn't very appreciate that I use it... What's your opinion ?

(PS: I apologise if I made english mistakes, but I'm from Switzerland, and I normally speak french...)

post-152-1172869251.jpg

This tool is currently written in VB 6 (boooo, shame on me). But for the next version, I've begun rewriting it from scratch using VB.Net 2005 (I also know some won't like it :D). I would be very interested to use jonwil's code in my program (either rewriting it in VB.Net or creating a DLL from it). But since my program isn't currently Open Source, I suppose you wouldn't very appreciate that I use it... What's your opinion ?

Well' if you relly want a .dll use this one:

http://www.ppmsite.com/downloads/big4decomp.rar

No offense to Froniki but your program doesn't find anywhere near as many dds files as the other scanners linked in this thread.

on my uncompressed bin (no RefPack) it have found all of the dds

CnC3_BIN_DDS_Extractor.exe

static_demo_common.bin -> 1083 files

townod_1_demo.bin -> 3 files

X-Ripper

static_demo_common.bin -> 1079 files

townod_1_demo.bin -> 0 files

Jaeder Naub V2.0.2a

static_demo_common.bin -> 1083 files

townod_1_demo.bin -> 3 files