DerelictStudios Forums
Neo

The Ww2 Experiment

Don't worry about your young mens...we have friends who should take care of them very soon ;)

Bombers.jpg

Edited by Neo

GERMANS CAPTURE LENINGRAD

assaultLenin.jpg

It was the bloodiest battle of the war. It was the first time in 2 years that Germans suffered so many losses. The price Germans paid to get the city? Thousands of dead and 2 armor divisions completely destroyed (8th Panzer and Stug.Abt 184).

Soviets casulaties were very high too, losing their good 10th Mechanised Corps and their factory. Leningrad was also a strategic rail junction between north western and western Russia. It should help the Wehrmacht to move reinforcement units to the front line.

Hours after the battle stoped, the city was renamed St.Petersburg and the intruder's symbols were suddently everywhere...

nazihermitage.jpg

What have you planned for the possibilty that the axis are able to conquer Archangel(Now only one small town between them.)? Would this hinder the Lend-Lease transport´s?

Regards,

ironduke57

Celebrations just started in Berlin when the party was stoped shortly after by some news coming from the west. British and Canadians were about to land in Normandy and even in Germany near Hamburg.

"impossible" said some..."they are crazy" said others...None of these military experts was expecting a landing in France...and definitely not in Germany!

Korona Speer tried to calm down eveybody when he said: "Even if they success to land in these areas where we dont have armor divisions, they wont survive very long...maybe they opened the door to a next UK invasion?" was it a joke to minimise the bad news or did he expressed the opinion of many in Germany about the British army? :o (psst never underestimate your ennemy)

Rumors are Churchill wasn't very please with this operation but Rooselvelt followed Ike Shrinker advice and "ordered" the landing...

Photo below showing Rommel supervising on the Atlantic wall...but what the hell is he doin there thousands of km away from his Africa Corps? Heared in Berlin by our Soviet spy: "Rommel is like a bad smell..he gets everywhere!" :D

Rommel.jpg

Edited by Neo

What have you planned for the possibilty that the axis are able to conquer Archangel(Now only one small town between them.)? Would this hinder the Lend-Lease transport´s?
-ironduke57

Yes Archangel can be taken..in this case LLA should have to transit trough Africa and middle east :(

We are going to have to stop having the German and Russian reports translated into English by French-Canadians. The idioms sometimes sound funny.

Logan Hartke

It was the bloodiest battle of the war. It was the first time in 2 years that Germans suffered so many losses. The price Germans paid to get the city? Thousands of dead and 2 armor divisions completely destroyed (8th Panzer and Stug.Abt 184).

Gotta spend money to make money!

Well Earned my soldats.... well earned!

-_-

-ironduke57

Yes Archangel can be taken..in this case LLA should have to transit trough Africa and middle east :(

How large is the actual number of LL tanks/vehicle´s in the soviet force´s? Will the german´s maybe able to board some of the lend lease ship´s in the Archangel harbour (if they are fast enough in conquering the city?)?

Regards,

ironduke57

To Logan: most of our informations comes from our spies in Germany and France....most of the time it is coded in different languages and it has to transit trough our special network...War is war and Moscow havent complaint about it yet and thats the most important for us ;)

Rest in peace brave soldiers of the Empire.

Russia194145-Leningradx.jpg

I can confirm that we have planned for the possiblity that Axis troops could take Archangel... To be honest it doesn't concern us. In fact we welcome the idea!

How large is the actual number of LL tanks/vehicle´s in the soviet force´s? Will the german´s maybe able to board some of the lend lease ship´s in the Archangel harbour (if they are fast enough in conquering the city?)?

-ironduke57

Soviets just received the first armor units from UK: 43 Valentines. Also, the first Hurricanes arrived in september and now most northern cities from Archangel to Demyansk have access to some of these fighters.

And about capturing units in transit (by train or by sea), according to our rules these units can be captured "IF" player decide to move it to his final location and, at same time, the city fall into ennemys hands.

The main advantages of attacking Archangel are that it closes the LL route, so it has strategic value, and also it is the coolest named city in the game.

Today's "Völkischer Beobachter" ran the following as its headline artical:

ALLIED RAID PRELUDE TO FULL SCALE INVASION!

The Allied forced their way ashore at Bayeux in Normandy, France yesterday. After taking heavy losses they withdrew, but it seems like it was only a diversion. To the north, at Hamburg, a much larger force struck the beaches and quickly blasted its way through the costal defensive positions.

However our brave Luftwaffe wreaked terrible losses while fallschirmjager batallions repulsed attacks as they were pushing into our forward command base. Despite the lack of armour, our costal defenses took a terrible toll on the invaders, and over 150 tanks lie blasted appart, their treads torn off, turrets smashed open and hulls wrecked.

dieppe.jpg

Already there are reports of more British massing to press their advantage and land even more troops to bolster their beachhead.

Meanwhile the Stug Abteilung 201 prepares its vehicles for action. The final descision has yet to be made, and the whole Reich waits with baited breath - will they hold their position and protect the factories in Hanover, or will they advance to drive the surviving Allies from our soil?!

Bul-Stug3-SO75.jpg

Time will tell.

This is UNS's News

.........coverage of the Fuhrer''s speech in response to the British invasion.......

backthatassup.gif

:ph34r:

Edited by AbbaZabba

He really makes me think about somebody i've played against lately.....can't remember who... :rolleyes:

Invasion at Hamburg?

Hmm I'd like to see how that was done! Germany's beaches appeared to me all but suitable for an invasion, how many forces did the Allies land? A task force or a full army?

Some red arrows with the landing forces would clarify the issue :P

languageassistants-map-germany.jpg

Oups and sorry I dont want to be an annoyance, but I noticed that the map of Italy is all wrong...Cassino is very very near Rome, not that south, and Salerno is not in Calabria (far south) but in Campania, just 250 kms south of Rome!

Edited by Reginon

I'm simply stunned again by the depth of this, awesome work Neo. Must be greatly rewarding controlling it down to troop movements and unit strengths. I finish my exams in 3 weeks so is there any chance of a spot for a British commander to take a cameo role please? ... and argue with Dr Shrinker over resources/strategy like Churchill and Roosevelt :lol:

Edited by BoB

The only problem I see with this scenario is that the allied fleet would not go undetected.

One of the main elements of the success of the Normandy invasion is the relativly short distance, hence the early morning surprise attack.

The Hamburg beaches can't be reach in 24hrs...

Secondly, the supply lines for such an endavour would expose their flank tp the coastal defenses located in Belgium and the Netherlands. The longer supply lines make them vulnerable to more intensive attacks and would force the allied airforce to cover them over large area, thining out there effectivness aginst the Luftwaffe.

apart from that, I find it a refreshing idea, tbh... thumbs up !!

Hmm I'd like to see how that was done! Germany's beaches appeared to me all but suitable for an invasion, how many forces did the Allies land? A task force or a full army?

Some red arrows with the landing forces would clarify the issue

-Reginon

Coast is about 100 km north of Hamburg and there are larges beaches in the Cuxheaven area (real name). British and Canadians landed with the 42nd armor division (190 tanks). In the process they lost all their tanks due to massive aerial bombing even after all the German defense was destroyed.

We know that the Stug Abt. 201 will attack Allies at Hamburg next week (next turn). To see how many armor units every division has you can now check on the first post, there's a "Division details" file available

I'm simply stunned again by the depth of this, awesome work Neo. Must be greatly rewarding controlling it down to troop movements and unit strengths. I finish my exams in 3 weeks so is there any chance of a spot for a British commander to take a cameo role please? ... and argue with Dr Shrinker over resources/strategy like Churchill and Roosevelt
-Bob

Korona did a huge job with rules and new units (T-26, captured T-34 and maybe soon a Germanised version of the KV-1! ). Also Abba worked hard to improve the rules, he's taking the Fatherlands interest very seriously :P and Dr Shrinker just jumped in and is already shaking the third reich by his audaciuous moves :D

And finally, Welcome on board Bob! ;)

The only problem I see with this scenario is that the allied fleet would not go undetected
-Flyby

Your right, the landing part of this tourney is new and we are working on it to make it the more realistic as possible and at same time, simple and fun to play.

Up to now many elements are not taken into considerations like: U-boats attacks against ships from USA, Allies long range bombing raids, supply lines exposing their flank to opponent defense, etc.

We have specifics rules for supply lines (by road or by train) but maybe the rules about supply lines by sea could be improved (chances are Korona Speer will find a genuis solution to this ;)

Edited by Neo

NEW UPDATED FILE WITH ARMOR DIVISION DETAILS AVAILABLE ON THE VERY FIRST POST Edited by Neo

NEW UPDATED FILE WITH ARMOR DIVISION DETAILS AVAILABLE ON THE VERY FIRST POST

Checked out. Wow impressive job guys.

I enlist for a cameo appearance leading the (poor) Italian tank divisions ;)

The Italian tanks were so small that to model and skin one it would take a short time for BK II's expert designers :P

Also Abba worked hard to improve the rules, he's taking the Fatherlands interest very seriously :P

hahahaha looll

... Cuxheaven area (real name). ...

The city is called Cuxhaven (haven spoken like hafen which mean´s harbor.) ;)

Regards,

ironduke57

Well the British divisions took nearly 100% losses when landing in Hamburg. Luftwaffe attacks were totally devastating. The tanks that now defend Hamburg are basically the ones that they managed to repair (30% of the victors lost AFVs can be repaired after a battle).

Given they landed with 185 tanks, to now have 57 demonstrates just how costly these landings were.

The general philsophy has been to let things happen and see how they work out, adding in modifications if something screwey happens. I have been impressed with how realisitic most of the outsomes seem to be. The taking of St Petersburg is another case in point. The Germans did take the city, but like the British it cost them almost all their tanks.

Ok, as an idea of how to try and reflect things such as weak supply routes etc... how about each supply line is given a "multiplier" for how effective it is. This then feeds through to the scene of each battle, and is reflected by the $$$ each player starts with. As I understand it each player currently starts with $50,000 to build infantry/AA etc.... well adjusting this would be a great way of reflecting how strong a position the engaging armies are in. For exams, a cut off division would only get $10k, whilst a unit on their own soil would get near to full-whack.

Obviously a lot of room for tweaking (heck if the multipliers are unfeasible, just a few set guidelines like: Surrounded = $10k, Weak sea supply = $25k etc etc). Whaddya think?