DerelictStudios Forums
Neo

The Ww2 Experiment

New units on the Eastern Front:

Following the capture of Leningrad (now St-Petersburg), Korona Speer moved to the city to make sure the tank factory can produce T-34 and KV-1

Capturedtanks.jpg

On the other side of the front line the Soviets Mechanised Corps are prepared to defend the new Staline line and maybe evn launch some surprise counter attack...

Since june 22nd the Soviets had lost more than 6,000 tanks, mostly light and obsolete tanks like the BTs and the T-26. Screen shot below shows this T-26 and the new T-60, a small tank with a 20mm canon, both being easy preys for

Panzer III, IV and the StugIII.

Lighttanks.jpg

Only hope for the Soviets is the T-34 production from Urals...

T-34.jpg

In the real world, as can be seen, the Allied invaders have been repulsed from Hamburg, and 4 massive Churchill tanks (broadly speaking an allied KV1) were captured by the Axis forces as the allies were trying to unload them at the docks.

Later, at a medal ceremony, the brave defenders were honoured by the Fuhrer:

awards.jpg

With such brave men, the coast of the Reich is now more secure than ever!

In the East, the 8th Panzer division has smashed its way through the defenses at Luga, helping to extend the zone of control around St Petersburg.

The Soviets will need to tread carefulyl (even if they have managed to find some cans of whitewash in their basement)

BBC NEWS UPDATE: BRITISH MINISTER SPEECH FOLLOWING MILITARY OPERATION IN EUROPE:

"We shall go on to the end, we shall fight on the seas and oceans, we shall fight with growing confidence and growing strength in the air, we shall defend our Island, whatever the cost may be, we shall fight on the beaches, we shall fight on the landing grounds, we shall fight in the fields and in the streets, we shall fight in the hills; anywhere we can find these dam fascists!

2 weeks ago we successfully launched operation : "Hit and run" against German troops in northern France and Germany. Many thought it would be impossible to accomplish, but we did it...our troops landed in Germany and kicked many faschists ass. Yes my dear friends, now these bastards know we are a real threat for their reich...they know we gonna fight them on the beaches again and again until our final victory!"

ChurchillI.jpg

Hmm I seem to remember this speech being made last year... Did your speech writer go on holiday old chap?

He uses the technique of repetition to very good effect ;)

UNS News:

Today Reich Chancellor Von Abba made a statement about the British landings in France and Germany.

"As zee German Volk zeek to gain zer birthright in Eürope, it is obvioüs that the reactionary üld ürder will remain determined to stop üs. Our forces ver caüght ünavers by he audacity of zee attack, but zee strength of zee German fighting spirit waz demonstrated vons again, and zee attackerz were thrown back into zee channel. Rest assüred, lessonz have bin lürnt, oür coastal defensez vill be re-strengthened and new minefieldz layed. Next time they vont even make it ashore."

Here is a pic of the Führer during the interview and how he feels about the future of the coastal defenses:

hitlerdidn_t.jpg

When asked by reporters if he had heard the latest UNS news concerning von Abba's statement, this man answered this: "This clown makes me laugh...he has no idea what's going on and I doubt we should wait any Japanese attack before starting our big war machine!"

And he finished with this: "If you see him, tell Mickey Mouse to be prepared...the British attack was just a warning"

Roosevelt.jpg

Edited by Neo

Commandant Von Abba,

I, Lurtz109, wish to apply for generalship of an Afrika Korps unit. I have much experience in Blitzkrieg 2 Desert Combat, and much overall experience in other RTS games (ex. ZH, Axis and Allies, etc.)

My MSN: lurtz109@hotmail.com

My yahoo E-mail: lurtz109@yahoo.com

My Xfire account: Lurtz109

Contact me with answer ASAP.

"The key to Blitzkrieg is to find your enemy's weakpoint, hit it hard, and push through harder"- Heinz Gunderian (somewhat)

Edited by Lurtz109

"The key to Blitzkrieg is to find your enemy's weakpoint, hit it hard, and push through harder"- Lurtz109

Correction

"The key to Blitzkrieg is to find your enemy's weakpoint, hit it hard, and push through harder"- Heinz Guderian

Not word for word on what he said, but rewording his quote still really makes it his.....

Its in his book...

Edited by Feuersturm

Steal this quote! :lol:

"There is only one tactical principle which is not subject to change.

It is to use the means at hand to inflict the maximum amount of wound, death and destruction one the enemy in the minimum amount of time."

-Gen. Geroge S. Patton Jr.

While the Blitzkrieg did emphasize speed and surprise, its not mentioned in that quote. For that reason, I like Pattons quote more. :D

General Abba,

I would like to request a generalship with the GERMAN forces in Africa. I have experience in desert combat, for I practiced much with Lurtz109. I have experience with RTS games ( ex. lots of experience with Axis and Allies, a little bit less with ZH)

My Yahoo E-mail: tybo119@yahoo.com

"The keys to Victory: Fight hard, be smart about your actions, and use them damn GERMAN units!"- TyBo119 :D

Edited by TyBo119

lol Hey TyBo, how'd you like my German Tanks? (inside joke between me and him)

If we are both accepted, don't worry, I will make sure that I roll over your forces SLOWLY......

"The key to Blitzkrieg is to find your enemy's weakpoint, hit it hard, and push through harder"- Lurtz109

Correction

"The key to Blitzkrieg is to find your enemy's weakpoint, hit it hard, and push through harder"- Heinz Gunderian

If you are going to bold something in an attempt to flame a newbie for misquoting, at least have the respect to spell it correctly.

Heinz Guderian

:lol: I mis-spelled it the first time by accidentally adding an e to the end. I totally missed that....

It is now corrected.

Sad thing is his book was sitting on my desk too. Panzer Leader is a good book for anyone interested in reading it, although I find The Rommel Papers much better

Edited by Feuersturm

For doing what......?

Anyways, I guess our Afrika theater is about to go to war. Yay!

Actually there are reports of activity along the British lines in Africa... Reich divisions in the area dismiss it claiming "Zose crazy Tommies are prrrrobably havingk anothzer parade"