DerelictStudios Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Smurf Bizkit

Extracting C&c3 Textures

Apologies for not really doing an in depth search here in these topics but, how far along are we with being able to extract C&C3 textures? If so are there any suitable tools out for it?

If we can't rip them out yet, or have issues doing it...what is the exact information you'd need to be able to do so?

After you have extracted the .bin/.manifest/.relo/.imp files with a BIG extractor program that can decompress the refpack compression or alternatively extracted the files and then used a standalone BIG decompression program on them, you can then open the files with the "binopener" program linked in the last post of this thread

http://www.derelictstudios.net/forums/inde...pic=15042&st=20

Then you can look under "texture" and pick one and press "extract" and get a DDS file.

The textures (in the demo) are inside global_demo_common, the APT UI files plus the map_demo files

Writing a ripper program that would rip all the textures at once should also be easy enough.

Can we get someone to do this?

FYI, this would speed up the official SDK's release if we had this.

I am speaking about unit textures, not ground terrain.

Open up "static_demo_common.manifest".

In there, browse to 'Textures'.

The first two letters of entries tell you what they are:

AU - Alien Unit

CB - Civilian Building

CU - Civilian Building

GB - GDI Building

GU - GDI Unit

NB - NOD Building

NU - NOD Unit

There are others there, but these seem to be the core ones.

New version of Bin in that other thread, should let you just extract all the files.

Edit: Note that this will create 11,738 items in a subfolder called 'static_demo_common' in the folder you select when extracting all. I didn't realise it was so many. :|

Edited by booto

So no one has made one, easy to use extracting tool yet? That is what we really need, otherwise EA may be tempted to just throw all the texture files into the w3x assets...which would increase the size by several gigs.

yea it works just fine, but that still requires the user to first rip the bin files out :P

extracting the dds's should be able to be done from inside the main container file tool

We'll probably get to being able to do that eventually. We don't have any real easy to use tools yet, but considering we've been working on this for about 2 weeks, I expect some to start showing up fairly soon.

Hello, I've done the following without any success on opening the textures:

- Extracted the bin, relo and manifest files out of the BIG files.

- Opened the manifest file and extracted all the streams out of the section called "textures"

I tried opening them in photoshop with the Nvidia DDS plugin installed. It didn't work at all...

EDIT: Nevermind, it works. I forgot to install the DDS plugin in my Vista partition. :rolleyes:

Edited by Alex07