DerelictStudios Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Godwin

Gta 4

yes

on one hand, I'm kind of annoyed to be in liberty city again, but on the other hand... that's clearly not the whole thing.

Darn saw this story earlier too :P

Better mirrors : http://www.playfuls.com/download_1728_Gran...er.html#mirrors

Dunno what to say...I reckoned for a second the next GTA would revolve around a cop. :lol:

That would actually be REALLY awesome, being a cop and having the choice of busting people or going crooked... or doing a little of both. B) :P

im not very impressed. (downloaded the HD version) sure, the ammount of people in that street shot is good, i do admire PS3's processing power.

but there's no, or little AA present, and, as Jet said, low detailed models. the lightings and shadows should be expected in such next-gen game.

another thing i don't understand is that i always thought GTA is about cartoony charactors doing series crimes. why has it gone for the realistic feeling? surely that'd attract more media attention, and more grannies trying to shutdown Rockstar

Erm, so you're saying that a game developer should succumb to such "media attention" which is actually misguided and misplaced from the on-start and sculpt their game according to that "correct" view? GTA is about satirizing popular culture, especially that related to crime, it's not about belittling it, I think it'd be worse if it's cartoon characters committing murder.

The trailer was way overhyped with the ridiculous one month countdown timer. With a countdown trailer that long, I'd atleast expect a trailer longer than two minutes. It was actually rather amusing, though... the second the countdown timer ended last night, the entire server crashed.

Are we even sure that the game takes place in Liberty City? I know there's numerous signs that say Liberty City, but the Statue of Liberty and Times Square are clearly visible in the trailer, not to mention the city depicted looks very similar to New York. Then again, Liberty City could be based on NYC, just with a fictional name?

As far as playing a Russian is concerned (I'm assuming he's Russian), I think it's a decent change of characters for the franchise. It could actually work out quite well, and then again, it could work out badly... we'll just have to wait and see.

"Life is complicated; I killed people, smuggled people, sold people. Perhaps here, things will be different."

Darn saw this story earlier too :P

Better mirrors : http://www.playfuls.com/download_1728_Gran...er.html#mirrors

Dunno what to say...I reckoned for a second the next GTA would revolve around a cop. :lol:

That would actually be REALLY awesome, being a cop and having the choice of busting people or going crooked... or doing a little of both. B) :P

I thought that too :D.

"Life is complicated; I killed people, smuggled people, sold people. Perhaps here, things will be different."

Bloody hell, can't we get a bona fide good guy for once as the main character? :P

I really expected it to be GTA London...They havent even mentioned London once in any of the last gen Gta games. Being back in liberty is going to be freaken awsome. Hopefully they'll have all the 5 boroughs of NY. A interesting quote that makes me want to drive in brooklyn

"Born in Brooklyn - what does that mean? It's the reason alien space ships land in cornfields in Iowa. If they ever landed on 86th St. in Bay Ridge, 25 guys named Tony would be leaning on the horns of their blood-red Cadillacs screaming: "Hey, Pal - you gonna move that thing, or what?! Don't MAKE me get out of this car!" That's why I loved growing-up in Brooklyn."

Edited by Captain Miller

"Born in Brooklyn - what does that mean? It's the reason alien space ships land in cornfields in Iowa. If they ever landed on 86th St. in Bay Ridge, 25 guys named Tony would be leaning on the horns of their blood-red Cadillacs screaming: "Hey, Pal - you gonna move that thing, or what?! Don't MAKE me get out of this car!" That's why I loved growing-up in Brooklyn."

Where is that quote from? I fucking love it because it's sooooo TRUE!

Bloody hell, can't we get a bona fide good guy for once as the main character? :P

But then it wouldn't be GTA now would it? :P

The day night cycle and population density are impressive. The graphics aren't ground breaking, but I would prefer huge scale rather than spectacular graphics. You can't have it all :P The only thing that pisses me off is the game will probably take half a year minimum to come out for PC just because of consoles.

Edited by Eradicator

honestly though, I can see the PS3 version being superior to the others. i've read san andreas took up 88% of a dvd, so maybe rockstar can actually use all the blu-ray space.... <_< I mean sure, compression is way better these days, but liberty city looks pretty big.

Edited by Monkey

Jesus christ, Jack Thompson is still alive? Won't that fucker choke on his own bullshit already?

Well he's of great entertainment value to us all. I still want to get my hands on that "I hate Jack Thompson" T-shirt. :lol:

Besides, he isn't the only idiot we should be worried about, just the loudest.

After the release of the trailer, New York City officials responded to the news that it is based on their city. Officials were appalled with the choice of New York City as the inspiration for the setting of the game, and said that a game like GTA does not represent the city's crime levels accurately[12]. A spokesman for Mayor Michael Bloomberg said "The mayor does not support any video game where you earn points for injuring or killing police officers."[13]

sigh

Edited by Godwin

They say that stuff just for good publicity. I bet Mayer Bloomberg wants to get his hands on it as well. Secretly playing it in his office. :ph34r: