DerelictStudios Forums
jonwil

New Version Of Binopener

Per what booto said in PM, I am releasing a new version of BinOpener. Source code is included under the terms of the GNU GPL.

Changes:

1.Rename Entry 8 to LoadingMusicOffset in MissionTemplate

2.Print how many templates this mission template imports

3.Print the one remaining unknown value for W3DCollisionBox

4.Print some of the details for W3DMesh (just some stuff I was interested in dumping)

5.Print the details for W3DHierarchy (I can do W3DContainer too, just haven't done it yet)

6.Print the details for TheaterOfWarTemplate (a theater of war is a given map screen with one or more missions on it)

7.Print the details for CampaignTemplate (a campaign ties together multiple theaters of war)

BTW, it looks like making new campaigns (complete with new theaters of war and new missions) will not be possible unless EA releases the UI editor (or someone figures all that stuff out) since there seems to be a lot of logic for a theater of war contained in APT UI files (such as the logic for exactly what map to draw and where to draw the mission buttons on it).

binopener.zip

Small change, added the option to suppress the display of zero-length streams and cleaned up some of the sort stuff.

If you open the bimr file sets from patches, there are heaps of zero-length streams for everything except those things actually patched. See the filesets from the 1.1 patch that change buzzers and storm columns.

No new stream interpretation code added.

binopener.r00

Some dumping of W3DContainer and very preliminary AptAptData information within the app... I probably should think about adding version numbers at some stage. :/

binopener.r00

Unknown1, Unknown2, and Unknown3 in the manifest header are actually MaxStreamSize, MaxReloEntrySize, and MaxImpEntrySize.

This is the same order as the StreamSize, ReloEntrySize, and ImpEntrySize for each entry.