DerelictStudios Forums
Count von Phoib

Off Topic Spammers

The last few days, some people with a total lack of purpose in life have been spamming the off topic forums, replying to years old topics, and spewing filth on the forums.

I want to announce a couple of things on that:

1. They have been banned, IP range.

2. Posts are in the progress of being deleted

3. We are taking precautions against it.

To ease the cleaning effort in the future, I also want to announce a new rule, effective immediatly:

Any user replying AFTER the spammers reply will be banned, their account and all their posts deleted. This will be an automated progress. There are no backup measures for this.

Because it is highly annoying to delete the posts, and it doesnt help if other users clutter up around it. Thank you.

That's pretty much clear now. If anyone decides it might be funny to spam up the forums again, I'll personally hunt them down and skin them. The last thing I should be doing during my precious internet time is cleaning up this place. However due to Phoib's booty factor, I pitched in and helped anyway. ;)

I hope this wont be happening again.

Any user replying AFTER the spammers reply will be banned, their account and all their posts deleted. This will be an automated progress. There are no backup measures for this.

Hehe is that a threat aimed at Icon's news posts? :lol: jk

question: so only GenMac and the other guy with leet name has been flagged as spammer?

and because they are banned, how can we tell, when we reply to new user's messages, whether they are spammer and whether we are going to get banned?

Hehe is that a threat aimed at Icon's news posts? :lol: jk

What did I do :lol:?

lol, what IF..... jk

is it possible to add a post-count-in-the-last-5-min sort of thing? so it's possible to identify the spammers?

So, if I post after a spammer and I try to go back on topic, I will be banned? :unsure:

What he means is dont reply to the spammer, and don't carry on the long-dead topics they dig up.

The next person to ask a stupid question gets a slap.

So, if I post after a spammer and I try to go back on topic, I will be banned? :unsure:

There have been 3 spammers (likely, 2) who each replied to almost 100 3 or 4 year old posts. Cleaning that could be a matter of minutes, if normal posters (the people who reply here, for instance) would not reply after those spammers.

They did it the last 3 times, which makes cleaning it a tedious job. I dont want to waste that amount of time again, so next time you see a 3 year old post and somebody made a spam like last reply, do not reply on that thread.

Mebbe!

What's in it for me? Can I pass the slap forward? Can I slap other people with the slap?

Mebbe!

What's in it for me? Can I pass the slap forward? Can I slap other people with the slap?

A slapping, a slapping!

Yes, you must give us all a good slapping.

Unsure why they do stupid things like that, personally I wouldn't want to be remembered that way and secondly, who has the freaking time to do that?

Anyways, its nice to know something is being done and your admins still :hb: the forums.