DerelictStudios Forums
mastermind

Worldbuilder Released!

Bhones is actually 90% right. I shouldn't have been so hasty. While it would be dumb to take it from ZH, BFME2 has a functioning set of snow textures with normals. Might as well get some use from that shit.

True that.

I already have somewhat of a snow pallete and they are all normal mapped. (ripped from ZH and Renegade and then modified in photoshop to look better.. although they still might look like shit.. gotta see them in the engine first.. look ok in ZH)

[edit] after counting, I have 37, most from Zero Hour (I don't have BFME/BFMEII so can't get them from there) 2 originals and 2 from Renegade. As I said already, all of them are normal mapped. [edit]

Edited by Mighty BOB!

Has anyone got the world builder working on the demo?

I extracted world builder into the demo directory. it complained about missing files, so then I extracted the string hashes files from the demodata.big and renamed them to remove the _demo part, and put them in the WorldBuilderData/Data/ folder. Then I did the same with the global data. But now it gives me an out of memory error (after it only allocates 50 Meg). I tried increasing the amount of virtual memory without any luck. I don't think it is really a memory problem.