DerelictStudios Forums
Sign in to follow this  
CarlKenner

Os Big Editor 0.63 (binmaker Support)

There is a bug, the lines that begin with <EmptyFile are missing the > on the end.

This is in the mod binmaker xml file.

Please say that again in English.

Are you asking if you can edit Big files with OS Big Editor? Sorry, not yet. You need to extract the files and then make a new Big file with FinalBig.

If you are asking if you can extract files with OS Big Editor, then you should be able to drag and drop them, or use the menus to extract them, or possibly cut and paste the text into notepad if it is a text file. I haven't tested it very well, so let me know if you can't do those things. Don't forget it will extract them into folders, such as "data", not straight into where you drag it.

This version (if you download the package at the top of this post and replace the exe with the one at the bottom of this post), fixes a bunch of bugs, produces proper XML for the FXParticleSystemTemplate, and lists two extra .binmaker.xml files at the top of each manifest, that you can use with binmaker to mod the bin/relo/manifest/imp (brmi) packages.

Thank you, CarlKenner, for your reply and your great tool. I got a bug for you. ;)

the program couldn't create sub folders when I the extract all files from the .manifest file in the GlobalStream.big to d:\ccmod that I created firstly. Do I have to create the sub-folders manually?

Oh, sorry :(

I'll have a look at that later. I haven't really tested extracting all the files at once, I've mostly been dragging and dropping.

I think there is a menu item if you don't want it to use the folders.

Hmm, subfolders have to be created manually ... but there some more problems. You should really overwork your program.

I just wanted to extract one texture and your program used all of my 1 GB of memory.

post-152-1179856763.jpg

It makes no difference whether you extract 1 file or 50, it still has to store the entire uncompressed bin file in memory, since the stupid compression doesn't allow parts of the bin file to be uncompressed individually. And while it is uncompressing it, it also has the compressed bin file in memory.

For my ModMaker program, I rewrote the RefPack decompression routine so it doesn't store the compressed file in memory while it is uncompressing it. But it still stores the compressed file in memory. And I haven't implemented bin file support yet.

Perhaps I should use temp files instead of memory. What do you think?

And while it is uncompressing it, it also has the compressed bin file in memory.

Yes, but the file is 150 MB so there is no clue why the program uses the whole momory.

As I know ThunderX86 has the same problem and he has 2 GB of memory. So your program needs 2 GB to extract a part of a 150 MB file? ... :blink:

Edited by Bibber

I have 2 GB of memory and get this "Out of memory" error too. This only happens if I try to extract something from a bimr-group which is still in some big file, but not with bmirs which are directly stored on my hd.