DerelictStudios Forums
Sign in to follow this  
DJRowley

Cooperative Maps?

Hmm... making a list of things for my mod, and just wondering if anyone knows if it is possible to make a cooperative skirmish/multiplayer map?

The best example I can think of to describe what I would like is the last TS:Firestorm mission, ie. one player takes control of GDI, and starts in a fixed position, the second player/CPU takes control of NOD and starts in a second fixed position and then both players have to attack the third side forces, and not each other. I would also like to have some scripted events, so eg. when an allied unit passes a certain point it sets off a special power (eg. reinforcements) and takes control of both players cameras for a short period.

Anyway, can this be done with skirmish/multiplayer maps? Please say yes :)

Should be possible, but you have to set the starting points for each player like in every other multiplayer/skirmish map (so you have to start with a construction yard).

If you don't want the players to start with a construction yards, you can destroy them with scripts, but be sure to place another building on the outside of the map border, or you'll lose instantly.

Aye, I believe several co-op styled maps were made for C&C Generals, although maybe not in the same manner you describe here.

Still, sounds fun.