DerelictStudios Forums
Neo

Guess These Planes

Another "guess that plane" topic... the winners gona have the choice between the following prizes:

1) To be Abba's guest in Toronto for 1 week all expenses included (weed not included)

2) To be Neo's guest at the french fries international congress in Belgium

3) A dinner with Phoib and his girlfriend in Moscow

4) A week end for 2 in the mysterious Blitz volcano located in Yamato secret island

5) Free holidays in California at Nukesforbreakfast house (only condition will be to help Nuke with his studies all summer long)

6) A pass for 1 week at the Korona von Braun science center in England

7) Dr Shrinker old WOW cd

8) The right to drive the "banmobile" for 24 hours

9) A guided tour with killakanz in Irak (one way ticket)

10) The satisfaction of having guessed right

Guess.jpg

Edited by Neo

5) Free holidays in California at Nukesforbreakfast house (only condition will be to help Nuke with his studies all summer long)

You think I study all summer long? Whats wrong with you man?!

Top one looks like some italian piece of garbage, like a Macchi or something, but i dont really know.

The bottom one looks like a BF110 with Britt markings.

Love the Prizes :lol:

Top one looks like some italian piece of garbage,

*Gasp!* I think you look like a piece of garbage. That's a gorgeous aircraft.

Logan Hartke

Top one looks like some italian piece of garbage,

*Gasp!* I think you look like a piece of garbage. That's a gorgeous aircraft.

Logan Hartke

I agree. And not only for nationalistic pride.

And its not a "Macchi or something", its a beautiful Macchi C.202 Folgore (Lightning), which successfully operated in North Africa. The German markins are because a squadron was given to the II JG77 of the Luftwaffe.

Edited by Reginon

3) her girlfriend? :huh:

Anyways... 2-3 August SPB, 4-8/9 Moscow, 9-13 SPB again.

Tour in either the Hermitage or the Kremlin can be provided, visa and plane tickets not :P

And its not a "Macchi or something", its a beautiful Macchi C.202 Folgore (Lightning), which successfully operated in North Africa
-Reginon

Don't know if this Macchi or something operated successfully or not in North Africa...but one thing is sure, it probably did better in combat situation than you do in aircraft guessing situation! :lol:

Edited by Neo

And its not a "Macchi or something", its a beautiful Macchi C.202 Folgore (Lightning), which successfully operated in North Africa
-Reginon

Don't know if this Macchi or something operated successfully or not in North Africa...but one thing is sure, it probably did better in combat situation than you do in aircraft guessing situation! :lol:

Touché.

Well, if it's not a C.202 must be a C.205 Veltro :o

But, aside from that, I cant see what it could be.

*rubs eyes*

Crap, I had it figured for a Hurricane and BF110. Guess I still got to study up somewhat...

Trust me, you're not the one who needs to study up. Your eyes are just fine. Others, however...

-Reginon

Touché.

Well, if it's not a C.202 must be a C.205 Veltro :o

But, aside from that, I cant see what it could be.

I'll give you a hint - it's not Italian.

Relax guys, geez.

Was only giving you a hard time, doc. I happen to love that plane.

Logan Hartke

Edited by Logan Hartke

*rubs eyes*

Crap, I had it figured for a Hurricane and BF110. Guess I still got to study up somewhat...

You had the balls to say it, but that's what I was thinking :lol:

Was only giving you a hard time, doc.  I happen to love that plane.

Logan Hartke

Send me an in forum messege, what is the top plane?

edit:

Well, given further information, It is indeed one of coolest planes of WWII. I can understand why peeps love that plane. Neat to see one with German markings.

Edited by DrShrinker

Are you kidding, a symbol of national pride is at stake!122

Well I wouldn't say that.

After all, we aren't talking about Folgore Paratroopers Division or the Decima MAS marine commandos :D

Edited by Reginon

Or planes built here in blighty... for some reason...

Well praising Italian planes wouldn't anyway put into question the undeniable quality of British planes...

Edited by Reginon

What are they, Logan!?!? :lol: Like I said before, as far as I can guess, the top ones a Hurricane and the bottoms a 110.

Either this is one of the most deceptive pics ever posted or Im overcomplicating my guess. Are those purposely pictures of captured aircraft to throw people off? Or worriengly strange planes?

To be of any help (if I can be), why I think the planes are the ones I mentioned:

Top pic : Greenhouse canopy, 'cranked' fuselage, pivoted retracting tailwheel, landing gear guard plate and hydraulics and the rudder control wire

Bottom pic : Unique rudder design, belly mounted radio reciever, skinny fuselage, 'bump' in the front of the engine cowlings

You're absolutely right, FECrtn2. They look different due to their markings. I did that a number of times to throw people off. Me 109s look pretty good in British markings, actually.

Logan Hartke

You are one of the winners FECrtn2, congrats! (see details about these aircraft on the picture). Now you can select your prize :)

Question for the experts now: what is the aircraft in the background on the first photo? <_<