DerelictStudios Forums
hawk10314

2012 Olympic Games London

2007-06-04T153749Z_01_NOOTR_RTRIDSP_2_OUKTP-UK-BRITAIN-OLYMPICS.jpg

Eh.... I hear the UK isnt to pleased with this one. what do you guys think.

Something was said that they spent 800,000 to create it also.

I think I see the UK islands in there but its hard to make out. I dont care for it myself I think they could have done better for 800k. <_<

How do the DS UK members feel most of all?

I'm still going with a description I saw in user comments on the BBC...it looks like Lisa Simpson giving some guy head. Quite a bit of art for $1.6 million.

some Modern art = bullshit

Fixed, it's not all bad. This logo on the other hand falls into the bullshit category. Hell, the goats-esque image they showed on the BBC was better than this.

Yeah, it totally sucks. It was £400,000 or US$800,000. I'm hoping they'll see sense and change it... everywhere's having "design your own, better, logo competition".

They put up a video on the official website... then caused (something like) 5 people to have epileptic seisures, so had to take it down again sharpish.

Why are we spending all our money on shit like this? I mean comon I could organize a whole Olympics with 800k

Wait .. I know: because we're so important and think we need to hire marketing agencies with their heads in the clouds to make a special logo so we can give it some deep, insightful meaning :rolleyes:

Why does everything have to be so blazé and over the top?

It used to be very animated, but they had to remove it from the website just hours after it went up because it caused epileptic fits.

And this, we have this very crummy, very expensive unanimated one.

wtf no union jack?

what the fuck is that? I had to stare for like 10 mins to realize i says 2012....

Holy shit? is that what it says? and why does the 2 have two segments... :o

wtf no union jack?

what the fuck is that? I had to stare for like 10 mins to realize i says 2012....

Holy shit? is that what it says? and why does the 2 have two segments... :o

What the hell did you think it said? I know it's crap but give the guys that did it some credit, it's not just a load of shapes, despite what it looks like.

That might appease all the Islamic people in Britain...

Well, if we're gonna criticise all designs for ethnic or political suitability, we're gonna end up with this.