DerelictStudios Forums
Captain Miller

Apple != Win

I've been going through the motions recently on what my next computer is going to be. I really didn't even consider it until today after I saw this.

Click Here For Enlargements

Its roughly like a hour long in the new Leopard stuff after that its about 30 mins of iphone junk. But if you have the time to sit back and watch it and apereciate it for what it really is then do it. I'm going to wait until October comes around to buy my Imac for the 64-bit stuff. Just by a show of hands list the Apple hardware/software you use

_____

iPod

iTunes

Safari ( DOWNLOAD IT)

and soon to be Imac

FOR THE INQUISITION!!

And God I hate Safari. Not only is it's code ripped off from the KDE web browser for Linux but the UI sucks too.

Apple users can be likened to small children because they are easily distracted by flashy displays and funny noises while being blissfully ignorant of the fact that the toy they're playing with isn't really fun in the least.

The only thing I like about Apple is when making multimedia stuff. Yep, encoding and converting are faster on iMac rather than Windows Media Edition.

Edited the title for truth.

People who buy a macintosh voluntarily are mental, and incapable of taking descissions.

Mac's should burn.

Please join my anti-Mac church :)

We don't really have sermons, and you can make donations... from the money we buy 2nd rate iMacs, which we burn every friday before going to drink beer out of the skulls of Mac users...

I saw the first few minutes of that presentation. God mac fans are gibbering idiots. The church of Mac is the real cult here. The rules are simple. Steve says something, or points out a lame feature and you clap like a rabid retard.

Mac: Hello I'm a Mac.

PC: And I'm a PC.

Mac: Macs are cool and you dont have to like.. Think about stuff!

PC: But if you use your brain and take a little time to learn how a computer works you can have a much more powerful PC for less money than a Mac.

Mac: Thinking? Learning? Brain? Those are for dorks and geeks, not the kind of cool people that use Macs. Why think when you can just give money to Steve Jobs?

Look at us we have stacks! Why not download everything to the same folder... only its stuck in thumbnail... Hell I have so many downloads, it requires scrolling when I have them in a list. I think their crappy stack would be horrifically cluttered once you have more than a couple of dozen downloads. Or documents. Although because Mac knows best, I doubt it would let you fix this problem remotely easily.

*Hatred*

No it looks nice. It has almost no functionality. Just like all mac stuff. Why would you need an icon in massive to know what it is you are opening. And as for being able to read documents. Well if you want to do that why not actually open them? This of course ignores the fact that I can "generally" remember what is in my own files. Geez.

Because I can look at word doc, PS ,Ill and others in about a few flips if I need to while opening the actual document in the applications takes more time and more windows that I rather not have open. Also if I have 2 different versions with slight differences of something I made a while back I can see the difference a lot easier. Not to mention that after unloading a memory card and all your pics are named 000X102.jpg or something it would be nice to have it full screen in a flip case imo.

About the stacks. Make a new stack instead of having all your stuff in one. Also not everything you download is going to be the same type of file. It would go into another stack automatically.

Leapard is going to have ONE 64/32 version for every mac they ship and the upgrade is just 129$ for it unlike the 10 versions of vista and their price ranges. I have a 64 bit system but I run 32 bit vista. want to know why? because on the back of the vista case it says if I would like a 64 bit copy I would have to order it from Microsoft directly and they send me the CDs in the mail.... WTF is that?

Also I'm using safari and it kicks the shit out of any other browser I used.

Leapard is going to have ONE 64/32 version for every mac they ship and the upgrade is just 129$ for it unlike the 10 versions of vista and their price ranges. I have a 64 bit system but I run 32 bit vista. want to know why? because on the back of the vista case it says if I would like a 64 bit copy I would have to order it from Microsoft directly and they send me the CDs in the mail.... WTF is that?

No offence Hawk, but i laugh at you and everyone else who thought Vista would be so great. History repeats itself. Look at how long it took them to get XP stable.

Never use a 1st Gen O/S, of course its gunna have problems, YOU are its beta tester.

Eventually Vista will be fine.

And for the record, macsrpoo for everything but publishing/illustrator type buisness.

Ok, I watched the Leopard video, and I do agree that some stuff is superfluous and could be done without. However, it does seem to be very refined and I do like the option of being able to flip through documents and see what they are. (Let's say I have a lot of different notes on a topic, or different pictures that I need to scan through...it's helpful!).

What I have seen in this thread is a bunch of bashing of Macs. I have not seen anything that says why they are so bad. I would like to see some reasons why a Windows OS based computer is superior to a Mac. I am currently considering getting a computer for college. Right now it's between two choices.

http://www.units.muohio.edu/mcs/suppctr/Mi...odels/index.php

It is between the Dell Latitude D820 or the Apple 15.4" MacBook Pro on the above page. Right now I am leaning toward the MacBook. It has a better processor, bigger harddrive (I know it's only 20 GB bigger and runs at a slower RPM but I'm not plannign on doing a bunch of gaming on it...), and from what I've been researching a better and more stable OS. Also, I really can't find a comparison of the 2 video cards between the systems, so any insight on that would be very helpful.

Also the Mac is cheaper...

Anyways, just thought I would throw that out there.

Thats probably why the capacitors blow up so often <_<.

Also I'm using safari and it kicks the shit out of any other browser I used.

Thats because its taken directly off of Konquerer and KHTML parsing engine. You didn't think they actually made Safari from the ground up, did you?

Leapard is going to have ONE 64/32 version for every mac they ship and the upgrade is just 129$ for it unlike the 10 versions of vista and their price ranges.  I have a 64 bit system but I run 32 bit vista.  want to know why?  because on the back of the vista case it says if I would like a 64 bit copy I would have to order it from Microsoft directly and they send me the CDs in the mail.... WTF is that?

No offence Hawk, but i laugh at you and everyone else who thought Vista would be so great. History repeats itself. Look at how long it took them to get XP stable.

Never use a 1st Gen O/S, of course its gunna have problems, YOU are its beta tester.

Eventually Vista will be fine.

And for the record, macsrpoo for everything but publishing/illustrator type buisness.

When I had XP for the first time, I was like "O no, what did you do to my computer!?" I think Vista promised the same experience "O no, what did you do to my computer this time!?" not in a good way of course.

My OS Professor :hb:

He teaches from a book written by another professor of me, Andy Tannenbaum. Anybody here who knows him, or Minix? Minix 3, now THAT's a OS made of pure win! :ph34r:

I really apreciate whoever changed the name of my topic. Keep your windows, I'll throw apples threw them.

Thats about the only functionality you'll EVER get from an Apple.

And whats wrong with Minix3? :P