DerelictStudios Forums
Count von Phoib

Nintendo! I Want That Brain Space Back!

I was shopping for some kitchen utensils today, when I decided to go to the local game store to just have a look around. They had a sign with Wii's outside, so half jokingly I asked if they got one for me.

The salesman smiles, says that Nintendo likes small gamestores more then nation wide retailers (where for the past 7 months, when I asked for a Wii, they said "No, you have to order it.") and that he has 6 Wii's. I took one right away, went to home, and installed it.

Since my brother has one as well, I wasnt so interested in Wii Sports, but instead went to the Virtual Console, bought Super Mario Bros, and played it for an hour.

I had it as child as well for the NES, so thats 15 years ago, and when I just played it, I still knew where to find every damn 1up and Fireflower.

Nintendo! I want that brain space back!

:domo:

Wow, this topic probably deserves a more in-depth response, but since I can't think of one, I'll have to go with LOL.

Quite amusing.

Thank god it wasn't a PS3.

Even if buying a Wii wasn't the cleverest thing Phoib ever did, at least he still has money left afterwards.

Oh and pride...a little.

What do you guys have against the wii? The few times I've played it I've found it as a refreshing change to gaming one that needed to come. Nice job with the wasted brain space. I still remeber the cheats from Doom. IDDQD IDKFA I don't even know what they do I just know they DO something.

I bought a Xbox 360. *bangs head on desk*

Nintendo owns I still got my old Super Nintendo, and my brother collects all the NES shit, he's even got the Japanese Famicon. When I get a Wii, I'm getting Donkey Kong Country and Super Mario Brothers ASAP.

IDKFA gives you all guns I believe.

I do remember the best cheat from Wolfenstein 3d(the old thing, yes!):

LIM

I, too, want my brain space back.

lol it's a good thing that brain's aren't actually like hard drives :P

Speaking of oldschool wii games, I played FZeroX the other day at a friends house. It was crazy, after 5 years of not playing it, I could still play and win. Amazing. I even won at lylat wars :o wtf?!

Yeah, downloaded Lylat wars as well, was fun :)

And Super Castlevania, IMO a game with the second to best art style...

And Super Probotector, which is almost unplayable due to the key layout. I use the gamecube controller for it, but the B key is the superbomb, while Y is shooting and A is jumping. Meaning I use all my superbombs straight away, otherwise you cant play :(

Wii > Rest.

Pride, ha! Proud owner of a NES, Gameboy, SNES, Nintendo 64, Gameboy Advanced, Gamecube and now a Wii. Just the Nintendo DS to go.

:P

Are you kidding me? You need to get a DS Lite. NOW. And grab Mario Kart DS. Best racing game ever.

IDDQD was God Mode, while IDKFA was all guns. And yes I really could have remembered something more productive with the brain space.

Speaking of the Wii, I actually think it's the best new console out there, the wii-mote's are just fun to use. Especially Wii Sports and Zelda. Then again I'm also wanting a PS3, mainly because I want to play Gran Turismo HD.

Yeah, I wish I had that much disposable income.

Wii > Rest.

Pride, ha! Proud owner of a NES, Gameboy, SNES, Nintendo 64, Gameboy Advanced, Gamecube and now a Wii. Just the Nintendo DS to go.

:P

Are you kidding me? You need to get a DS Lite. NOW. And grab Mario Kart DS. Best racing game ever.

I'll get the DS lite later :P

I dont see why Mario Kart DS is that much better then the others?

I still coax my NES into working from time to time, it's the best console ever in my opinion.

totally, I was so hooked to it

if I play it again now my skills are so bad I can't belive how I ever did that ... am I getting old? :ph34r:

*Smirk* Brings back memories when our SNES still worked. We had the Legend Of Zelda that worked on it. But it was borked. There was a bring in the final final stage of the game that you had to cross, it was across a lake, but the bridge was always borked. Destroyed from the very start of the game and no teleport or anything that could take you where you had to go.