DerelictStudios Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Mehman

Your Dx10 Gfx Card Won’t Support Dx10.1

http://www.digitalbattle.com/2007/08/09/yo...-support-dx101/

http://theinquirer.net/default.aspx?article=41577

What the hell? Ok, just like directx 9 cards don't fully support Dx 9.0c, I get. But what the hell? Dx10 is so new that nobody is using it in a game, cards support it, and now they're changing to so that those cards won't support it? What the hell?

Did I tell you about my cool photo album I made with iPhoto the other day? that was after I spent 2 hours making funny faces using photo booth. I also don't need to run a spell check on my post anymore because there is spell check on the whole OS anywhere I type, even here, so I can easily catch my mistakes before I post. I got to go now, I'm late for a meeting. Luckily iCal notified me of it.

Glad I use a mac now :lol: the ultimate MS immunity!

I wonder how it feels to play pc-games in the dual-boot of win-xp ?

I used to play blitz awhile ago, and even when I came back I thought why not make a new map for it. After I got Vista I installed generals ZH and the latest of Blitz 2 on it. go to the world builder open it up and long and behold there are no textures. Everything was white. it wasn't blitz because I uninstalled and reloaded everything but to make sure it wasn't blitz I tested the WB with just generals, still nothing. So that game was useless to me. BF2142 didn't work for me either because something with vista and punk buster. So again, nothing worked. In all I haven't lost anything. CnC 3 is coming out for mac within reasonable time along with SC 2 and other things. Right now I don't miss anything from windows. I can work in peace without being being notified 10 thousand times that my computer is at risk because I shut off my firewall and other automatic updates. Its easier to find things on my mac then it was on windows now that I have 1 of each folder instead of 3 documents folders 2 program files and other things. Yes, it is expensive, but hey, I think it was the best choice I made in terms of technology for a long, long time. some things I don't like about OS X is that that the green light doesn't maximize, it just resizes to the default of the app your using. I always have a menu weather it be with a window or an application, unlike vista I don't need to go digging around to find folder settings. So yeah thats my mactacular life.

It's the same stupidity that made Halo 2 PC for Windows Vista only.

Yea, I am highly doubting that XP couldnt run it. I am pretty sure xp could run it, and infact, i think the only reason it wont install on XP will be a stupid error message on the installer telling you that "You cannot install this on XP, only for Vista" or something stupid.

Someone out there should install it on Vista, and copy all the files over to the XP and see what it does (including any drivers installed to the windows folders).

Are there even any DX10 games out atm? I really think that the early adopters of DX10 have been royally screwed.

The only good thing to come out of it was the deluge of cheap DX9 cards that is now flooding ebay :P

Yea, I am highly doubting that XP couldnt run it. I am pretty sure xp could run it, and infact, i think the only reason it wont install on XP will be a stupid error message on the installer telling you that "You cannot install this on XP, only for Vista" or something stupid.

Someone out there should install it on Vista, and copy all the files over to the XP and see what it does (including any drivers installed to the windows folders).

Actually some nerds hacked Halo 2 and ShadowRun to work on XP already. Weeks ago.

http://www.digitalbattle.com/2007/08/09/yo...-support-dx101/

http://theinquirer.net/default.aspx?article=41577

What the hell? Ok, just like directx 9 cards don't fully support Dx 9.0c, I get. But what the hell? Dx10 is so new that nobody is using it in a game, cards support it, and now they're changing to so that those cards won't support it? What the hell?

Oh, please. Don't post about things you have no idea about.

Microsoft isn't updating DirectX just for the hell of it, or just for the sake of updating. DirectX 10.1 actually includes new features and capabilities; mostly expanding on the things that DirectX10 missed out on. An example of a new feature is reading from an MSAA depth buffer, and rendering to a compressed texture. These features aren't just in there for the hell of it; it requires hardware support. I don't understand how you people can expect a miracle and demand that current hardware be forwards compatible with features that aren't even possible to perform on the current hardware!

Edited by Sc4Freak

They should be able. Dx10 cards are brand spanking new, and dx10 is brand spanking new. Lots of people have already bought dx10 cards and now they're gonna get screwed because Dx devs went: oh wait, we forgot something...shit.

But I'm not gonna fight you anymore cause I don't give a flying fuck, I don't even own a Dx10 card, and by the looks of it, won't own for a bit.

The one game that has been throwing it's Dx10 flag around is Crysis. And MS flight simulator. But who plays flight simulator?

DX10 isn't new, its like over half a year old now. The price has already dropped significantly, and still no DX10 games...

Am a bit surprise that this news haven't spread that much and it seems that i really can't have those GeForce 8800GTS so i'll just get a 7 series then or wait for 9 series :lol:

I wouldn't be surprised if the only games for dx10 would be the ones in development now. The rest will just be for dx10.1.

Actually some nerds hacked Halo 2 and ShadowRun to work on XP already. Weeks ago.

Not suprising. And anyone wanna try telling me MS didn't realize it would actually run on xp?

DX10 isn't new, its like over half a year old now. The price has already dropped significantly, and still no DX10 games...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_games...ectX_10_support

Only two of the games there makes me want to buy them(one available on steam)but still not worth it if am gonna need a card that would be obsolete within a month <_<