DerelictStudios Forums
Captain Miller

What Media Player Do You Use?

I use Itunes for all my albums and winamp for all the other crap I download. Since I easily have 2500 songs all together it makes it easy to keep them organised between the two programs. For videos I use VLC videoplayer. I've been hearing alot of buzz about wmp 11 and I'm going to give it a try tonight.

iTunes is the worst media library I have ever seen. Media player's media library owns iTunes hands down. However I actually like the normal windows interface for managing my music :$ I actually use the normal explorer windows for pretty much everything. Combined with quicklaunch shortcuts and memory I find it the fastest way to manage things.

I use winamp for the same reason others have given - it doesn't cause slowdown so you can run your own mp3s while playing games. Awesome.

For movies I used media player classic because it can be customised with loads of shortcuts, and seems to play everything. VLC is very nice if you don't want to get your hands dirty configuring MPC.

Nearly the same as Korona, for a lot of the same reasons. It's simple, I switch between a number of machines every day, that way I have to download as little 3rd party software as possible, just customize what the computer came with.

Logan Hartke

Ugh...after giving it a day to settle in the new WMP 11 for me is the most unorganised peace of grabistic shit. It just spews empty covers at me from every direction. Back to Itunes..Cover Flow FTW!!!

Edited by Captain Miller