DerelictStudios Forums
Dibelius

New Special Powers & Upgrades

Well, after trying a lot to get my mod working with new special powers & upgrades, I'm near at the point to surrender...

I edited all relevant files:

GlobalData/LogicCommand.xml

GlobalData/LogicCommandSet.xml

GlobalData/PlayerPowerButtonTemplates.xml

GlobalData/SpecialPowerTemplates.xml

GlobalData/UnitAbilityButtonTemplates.xml

System/PlayerSpellBook.xml

{Faction} /Props/{Faction}PowerStore

All of these files are included (Type="all"). Of course I added the upgrade/special power to the relevant object which uses it. But when I start the game, upgrade & special power buttons don't appear. Whether it is a player power that should appears normally at the left side or a unit-based ability does not matter. All these buttons are simply missing and so you can't use it of course.

I even tried to edit the relevant files in the MOD SDK\CnC3Xml directory + includes to them in my mod.xml ... it didn't work either!

So what now? Do you have any ideas or did anyone discover how it works?

I'm sure, I did it the right way... but who knows?!

thx in advance

Dibelius

Edited by Dibelius

Special powers can be done, I've done it. Haven't tried upgrades yet, but I'm sure they're doable. I have special abilities on my tutorial list, I just haven't had time to write it.

Well, we have a new faction. And simple things like the "Pack to MCV"-Ability of the new construction yard don't work.

So can you explain, why?

If we use old command buttons (e.g. of Nod) it works. But we can't create new ones.

I attached a sample about what I mean (don't forget to copy the "data\ini\playertemplate.ini" into your BIG file).

If you are able make the "Pack to MCV"-Ability work. please edit this sample and upload it here.

SampleFaction.zip

Edited by Bibber

No. Jesus christ, its not hard to figure out.

well...

then be smart and explain how to do it for a new faction ;)

I'm sure, you can easily edit existing stuff of all 3 factions. but what about new content?

Long Version: http://www.cnc3.net/item-146?addview

Short Version: Copy the existing store you want to edit, add your button, and change the ID on the store. So, if you want to add a new PlayerPowerButton, copy the existing PlayerPowerButtonTemplates.xml, add your new button, and then change the id on the PlayerPowerButtonTemplateStore to something like PlayerPowerButtonTemplateStoreCustom. The same thing will work for the UnitAbilityButtonTemplateStore. Just make sure that you copy the existing file or only your button will show up. The game only uses one store, and you want to make sure yours has everything in it.

Edited by mastermind

Thanks a lot, man! Well, who knew that we have just to change the ID. -.-

Overwriting e.g. CommandSets with the same ID is possible, but not template store.

Anyway, it works perfect now. ;)

omg... so easy. ever thought the ID could not be changed (because it's linked it cnc3game.dat)

thx a lot. :)

Edited by Dibelius