DerelictStudios Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Neo

Germans Missions

Just to let you know that Korona and I are preparing special Germans missions available with the 2.7 release.

A serie of 8 or 9 campaigns/operations will be available and will get trough some of the important battles from 1940 to 1944.

1940: The Battle of France (Mission:conquer Holland, Belgium and France) *Completed

1941: Operation Barbarossa (Mission:conquer Western Russia) * Completed

1941: The Battle of Moscow (Mission:Stop Soviet counter attack near Moscow) *Completed

1942: Operation Blue (Mission:take control of the southern Russian steppes into the Caucasus and capture some obectives)

1942: Operation Winter Storm (Mission: rescue the 6th Army trapped in Stalingrad) *Completed

1943: The Battle of Kursk (Mission: defeat the Soviet armies in the Kursk area.) *Completed

1943: The second Battle of Stalingrad (Mission: retake Stalingrad)

1944: The Battle of Leningrad (Mission: capture the city of Leningrad) *On progress

1944: The second Battle of Moscow (Mission: capture the city of Moscow)

1944: Operation Sealion 1944 (Mission: invasion of England) *On progress

Up to now 5 missions are completed...stay tuned :ph34r:

Edited by Neo

Oh and btw, these type of missions are very particular....the most important thing now is less "micromanagement" than "macromanagement"... :P

Well, Neo, I hope you get help from texturing. Your game deisgns are freaking awesome, but beauty skills slightly lacking (from the last map I saw of yours anyway that is).

Look forward to seeing these new missions.

Im currently working on a pair of maps with Rap. To drop a few hints, we are making a 6 player ffa map, and Im currently designing a 2vs2 Normandy map, where allies will get the chance to take the beaches, push to Caen and beyond, or play as the Axis and push the allies into the sea :P. We shall see if the Feuer - Rap mapping team will fail horribly or produce some exciting new maps.

To drop more hints about our FFA,

mappreview.jpg

The white numbers are players towns, Black dots are player starting positions.

The initial map layout was done by fire, I arranged town position and play start. As well as added some substance to the terrain. It's fire's turn once again. He will select a seires of buildings and put them near town posistions after which I will arrange them.

Map size will stay classified for now. It will also feature something special, let's just say you won't have to yell at people who choose white.

Edited by Derelict_forum_noob

The initial map layout was done by fire, I arranged town position and play start. As well as added some substance to the terrain. It's fire's turn once again. He will select a seires of buildings and put them near town posistions after which I will arrange them.

I think that changed abit. I been working on the towns for a few hours straight already....god its taking awhile.