DerelictStudios Forums
Count von Phoib

Who's Your Daddy?

Stupid Russian Weapons That Will Never Actually Be Used 617

Yeah, like the MOAB is being used.

And the US is still in the lead with stupid.

Edited by MehMan

Lol, utterly pointless, like that "Tsar" bomb. "We need to be bigger than the rest of the world". Bla :P

Except it gets serious when you see all that toxic waste from their nuclear power generation and testing all ready to leak out into the world's oceans. Bloody Russian pride.

I read the MOAB (and likely this one as well) is used to clear terrain, not to be used on enemies. Like if you need a forward base set up, just drop one of these guys on some trees and suddenly you've got a clearing.

I read the MOAB (and likely this one as well) is used to clear terrain, not to be used on enemies. Like if you need a forward base set up, just drop one of these guys on some trees and suddenly you've got a clearing.

No, this one would most likely be used against personnel, rather than for clearing terrain since only the vacuum collapse is lethal to living targets out to 5 km, the radius of the blast itself is only about 900 meters.

Daisy Cutters and MOABs can be used for base-clearing, but they're also used offensively. Such as we dropped a fair deal on afghan mountains hoping the concussion would collapse the caves within in the first few months of that operation.

The Russians, on the other hand, like to try to use any big nasty weapon they can build. On dissidents or Chechnyans if at all possible.

Don't blame the Russian for trying to make bigger explosions...the US did it just as much. All these Races are not one sided...each side tries to get better stuff and the Russians are trying to come back. all the under ground nuclear radiation in the US, mainly desert, will eventually come back to bit us in the ass, weather it takes 10,000 years to seep into the ground water or something.

Rember both the US and Russia did nuclear testing above ground for some time.

No, but don't forget that there is ground water almost everywhere in the world...seriously, even in the deserts. Just because it is a desert does not mean there is none.

Arizona even has quite abit, and last time I checked a good chunk of Arizona is indeed a desert.

C042.jpeg

Edited by Feuersturm

I'm talking about the fact you seem to equate radiation as something chemical or a substance that 'contaminates' and seeps down rather than an energy discharge that plows through materials. Granted, enough on one object can cause secondary radioactivity from that object, but that's more common in metals and such.

Way to prove twice over that you have no clue what you're talking about.

I would be more concerned about lake vostok and the effects of crappy attempts at nuclear power generation.

Anyway, Mr Bubbles is my big daddy...

bioshock01_2.jpg

Um it's pretty much like system shock 2. It has an awesome plot with some really great twists, as well as a really awesome world they have created. The artistic direction just oozes class. You are likely to be supprised and also impressed by the depth they have created.

However the ending is a little abrupt. I would have liked more exposition of the final section.

Also, I like the little sisters/big daddies a lot more than the matrons from system shock two, and they play a bit more of a role in the plot. In fact everything does, nothing feels concequentual.