DerelictStudios Forums
Sign in to follow this  
ThunderX86

Loadscreen Music

After changing the main menu music, I wanted to replace the LoadScreen music, but it won't work.

In the MiscAudio.xml the entry for the LS music seems to be SaveFileLoadMusic="TEMP_RAM_Music360_LoadScreen" (I used worldbuilder to check the music, it's the one played while loading a map). The TEMP_RAM_Music360_LoadScreen looks like this:

<MusicTrack id="TEMP_RAM_Music360_LoadScreen" inheritFrom="MusicTrack:BaseMusicTrack"
        Volume = "50"
        Control="FADE_ON_KILL" >
        <VolumeSliderMultiplier Slider="NONE" Multiplier="1.0" /> <!-- This is a fake to prevent the volume sample from being quieted by the movie playing on the main menu -->
        <Filename>CNC3_LoadScreen_RAM</Filename>
    </MusicTrack>

This entry points to CNC3_LoadScreen_RAM, which is located in AUDIO:audioassets.xml. I can't look at the XML of this audio file, since was not delivered with one of the extra SDK packages. But there is this code in MiscAudio.xml:

<!-- =================================== LOAD SCREEN MUSIC =================================== -->
<!-- Two very important things about load screen music: 
1) The multisound must not be marked "LOOP" 
2) The Music Tracks should be set as "RAM" tracks, not streaming. See TM_CNC3_AC_ANY_02_v2_10-12-06_RAM for how to do this.
One not-so important thing:
3) It should probably be set as "FADE_ON_KILL" not "ALLOW_KILL_MID_FILE" to avoid cutting out -->

<!-- ================== TEMPORARY 360 LOAD SCREEN MUSIC LOADED INTO RAM NON STREAMING =================================== -->
<!-- 
AudioAssets.xml has addition _RAM entry that makes this music track load into RAM:      
<AudioFile id="TM_CNC3_AC_ANY_02_v2_10-12-06_RAM" File="AUDIO:tracks\tm_cnc3_ac_any_02_v2_10-12-06.wav" 
PCCompression="EALAYER3" IsStreamedOnPC="false" 
XenonCompression="XMA" IsStreamedOnXenon="false" />
-->

Looking at this code I will have to use some wav file for my new LoadScreen music. I created a new 48KHz wav file with the new music I want to use, and copied it into my Audio folder (I also tried Audio/tracks). This is the code I used:

<AudioFile id="DAW_LS_RAM" File="AUDIO:LoadScreen.wav" 
            PCCompression="NONE" IsStreamedOnPC="false" 
            XenonCompression="XMA" IsStreamedOnXenon="false"
            />
        <MusicTrack id="TEMP_RAM_MusicDAW_LoadScreen" inheritFrom="MusicTrack:BaseMusicTrack"
            Volume = "50"
            Control="FADE_ON_KILL" >
            <VolumeSliderMultiplier Slider="NONE" Multiplier="1.0" /> <!-- This is a fake to prevent the volume sample from being quieted by the movie playing on the main menu -->
            <Filename>DAW_LS_RAM</Filename>
        </MusicTrack>

I also changed SaveFileLoadMusic="TEMP_RAM_Music360_LoadScreen" to SaveFileLoadMusic="TEMP_RAM_MusicDAW_LoadScreen".

I compiled my mod, got no errors but I still can't hear my new LoadScreen sound. I also tryed to use an audioasset.xml (located in AUDIO:audioasset.xml like the original one) but the result was the same.

I also got no errors in my log files.

I tryed the same with the original IDs (TEMP_RAM_Music360_LoadScreen and CNC3_LoadScreen_RAM), same result.

Am I the first trying this, or did anyone manage to change the LoadScreen music to a custom audio file?