DerelictStudios Forums
Sign in to follow this  
maskawaih

Ea Has Done It Again

LOS ANGELES, Calif., October 2, 2007 – Experience Command & Conquer™ like never before—thirteen Command & Conquer games spanning three generations of the series in a single package! Electronic Arts Inc. (NASDAQ: ERTS) today announced The Command & Conquer™ Saga, a massive compilation of over a dozen Command & Conquer games including the award-winning Command & Conquer 3 Tiberium Wars™ and all the titles featured in Command & Conquer™ The First Decade. Available in North America this October for the PC, The Command & Conquer Saga marks the largest PC franchise compilation to date.

With over 25 million copies sold worldwide, the Command & Conquer franchise has defined the Real-time strategy (RTS) genre with fast and fluid gameplay, cutting-edge visuals, epic storylines, and rich campaign missions. The series has evolved over a decade, spawned over a dozen titles, and continues to be the genre benchmark by which all RTS games are measured. With its explosive style of warfare, the Command & Conquer franchise has grown over the years to span multiple fictional genres, including the science fiction Tiberium Universe, the revisionist history of the Command & Conquer Red Alert Universe, and a twist on modern warfare with Command & Conquer™ Generals.

The Command & Conquer Saga contains the following titles:

• Command & Conquer™ (Aug. 1995)

• Command & Conquer The Covert Operations™ (April 1996)

• Command & Conquer Red Alert™ (Oct 1996)

• Command & Conquer Red Alert Counterstrike™ (Mar. 1997)

• Command & Conquer Red Alert™ The Aftermath™ (Sept. 1997)

• Command & Conquer™ Tiberian Sun™ (Aug 1999)

• Command & Conquer™ Tiberian Sun™ Firestorm (Feb. 2000)

• Command & Conquer Red Alert™ 2 (Oct. 2000)

• Command & Conquer™ Red Alert™ Yuri’s Revenge™ (Oct. 2001)

• Command & Conquer Renegade™ (Feb. 2002)

• Command & Conquer™ Generals (Feb. 2003)

• Command & Conquer™ Generals Zero Hour (Sept. 2003)

• Command & Conquer 3 Tiberium Wars™ (Mar 2007)

The Command & Conquer Saga has a US MSRP of $49.99. All games included in the compilation are rated “T” for Teen by the ESRB.

:lol: Perhaps they should released the old games with mods. That would be better to me.

"the revisionist histroy of red alert"??! hahahahaha

I love it when retards in marketing try to use long words to sound smart.

This is retarded, and especially since yet another expansion is about to be released. Do they plan to do a group release every time a new game is added to the series? :rolleyes:

Saw this at PCNC yesterday.

$$$$$$

And major lulz, Bhones. Perhaps we can win a supa graphics card this time too.

Instresting,the reason why they suck at packs and steam packs owns EA games bugged packs :lol:

Edited by SovietSteel

Just wait, after they release yet another anthology with Kane's Wrath, they'll release another that has special features and previews for Red Alert 3...

I'm not denying that its a good deal, hell I paid more for just C&C 3, and I understand that its a good business move: Costs them almost nothing to throw in the older games, and they get to reel in fresh players by giving them the whole package as well as random buyers with the "value" factor. But it just pisses me off that they dont value their existing customers enough to care that we get mad when they offer great deals on things we JUST paid very high amounts of money for because we care so much about the franchise.

One of the good things that can come out of releasing a package like this, is if they released one for Mac for people like me who have gone over to the Dark Side and are thriving on their macintosh computers and don't want to go back to PC.

It would be great to have all the CNC games for my mac, even though I knew I could load them up if I wanted to install windows on this rig.

For that to happen, they'd have to go back and work on the source code for all the older games, something they've proven they're quite averse to doing.

This just came out of me while thinking about Crisis and the HL2EP2(soon some other older stuff,yay) optimize for quad core processors:

I'll be much more convince to buy this if they optimize it for quad core(lol i doubt that especially with ra2yr below) considering that i still don't have any legit copy of the following items(now that answers the 2nd question why i still can't blitz with ya even thought i have a half decent connection) there and since am planning to get a quad from intel this january :rolleyes:

My imagination strikes again :huh:

One of the good things that can come out of releasing a package like this, is if they released one for Mac for people like me who have gone over to the Dark Side and are thriving on their macintosh computers and don't want to go back to PC.

It would be great to have all the CNC games for my mac, even though I knew I could load them up if I wanted to install windows on this rig.

Hahahaha you sound just like James May and his bloody Aston Martin off the latest Top Gear :P

( http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5cxB3EiwW5Q )

Install windows and swallow your pride!

You're like James May and his bloody Aston Martin off the latest Top Gear :P

That reminds me, I've gotta watch that, the download finished overnight (dont think I can get warned for that, I dont get BBC2 here ok? only BBC West)