DerelictStudios Forums
Monkey

The Orange Box

So....

You getting it? (That better be a yes).

51rpIb1ZygL._SS400_.jpg

I'm having a blast with Team Fortress 2 so far. Roll on midnight tuesday pacific time!

Edited by Monkey

I'm so gonna get it. I'm just wondering if it comes with HL2 Deathmatch or CS:S. I'm pretty sure it doesn't, though, so I'll probably have to pick that up separately.

Already have it. Guess which class the forum dragon plays in TF2? :P

Pyro?

And yeah, already have it pre-ordered. I still remember playing Half-Life for the first time back in '98. Amazing game for the time, and it's even aged well. Then I remember picking up the expansions as soon as they were released (Opposing Force & Blue Shift). Then Half-Life 2 was announced, and after a long time of delays and setbacks (source code leaked) It was finally released. I haven't anticipated any other game more than I did Half-Life 2. I was there at midnight at the time of it's release to finish the majority of the game in one sitting, and I was there at midnight awaiting the release of Episode 1 to finish it in one sitting, and I'll be here later tonight awaiting the release of Episode 2. It'll be the same story for Episode 3, Half-Life 3, and ever how many more sequels there are.

It'd go without saying to say I'm a huge Half-Life fan.

I've lost track of all the crap these steam-based things are pumping out...

It would appear that you've been living under a rock if you weren't aware of these three games.

I can hardly wait for Episode 2, mainly to see how the story evolves. I liked how the revolution took place in Episode 1 and the aliens that came along, quite interesting.

I've got too much shit distracting me from studying as it is, I dont think I can handle new games as well :lol:

Oh wait studying! SHIT! There goes my week damn it.

Edited by MehMan

I've lost track of all the crap these steam-based things are pumping out...

I assume you mean Source-based? Source is the HL2 engine. Steam is the now amazingly popular online service that sells games also created by Valve, everything from Bioshock to CoH is on there now including really fun indie games unavailable anywhere else and occasionally packaged with other products (Peggle Extreme ftw).

...can we get a "The More You Know" rainbow emoticon?

I need to get this before more spoilers gets release and dl Black Mesa Source after its modding team finish it(lol i think its on HL2EP3 or before release date)so i can start from HL1 again plus reviewing Gman's mysterious plan <_<

Ohh i can't wait and i still need to play HL2EP1(lol also graphics card upgrade) :hb:

Just finished Episode 2. It took me slightly over five hours to finish. I took a bathroom break and got a bite to eat, so that wasted 20-25 minutes (that was deducted). It was awesome, though. Some of the firefights and battles in the game were seriously epic.

And from the way things look, the next episode is going to have a lot of potential.

I didn't even know episode 1 was out ...

So episode 1 is right after the ending of Hald life 2...

In other word im off to the shop!!!

Just finished Episode 2. It took me slightly over five hours to finish. I took a bathroom break and got a bite to eat, so that wasted 20-25 minutes (that was deducted). It was awesome, though. Some of the firefights and battles in the game were seriously epic.

And from the way things look, the next episode is going to have a lot of potential.

whaaaaaat?! 5 hours?! Fuck!

whaaaaaat?! 5 hours?! Fuck!

What? You're surprised? I can't say I'm surprised. Episode 1 was only four hours. Episode 2 is high quality though, and that's the important part.

I am ashamed (not really :P) to say that I have never played HL2. How much is the full set now?

The orange box is everything, and it's $45 USD. And you should be ashamed, you heathen bastard.

What? You're surprised? I can't say I'm surprised. Episode 1 was only four hours. Episode 2 is high quality though, and that's the important part.

Ep 1 was about 5 hours for me, so maybe you're just better at this than I am. I was sort of annoyed because I was under the impression this'd be a bit longer - which it was - so when you said 5 hours I sort of freaked. Your finishing ep1 in 4 put it in perspective, however. I just finished in roughly 7 hours.

Awesome game. I wonder...

*spoilers, if you really care*

...what that Borealis stuff is all about. Portal tie-in, perhaps?

Speaking of Portal, I'm gonna go play that now. :D

Edited by Phoib