DerelictStudios Forums
Monkey

The Orange Box

Borealis was something cut from HL2, interesting to see its reappearance here. (And yes, since Borealis was built by Aperture Science, it's connected to Portal. Based on the references to Black Mesa and the connection to Portal, I wonder if it's some sort of super-portal device itself -- except that Eli seems to have no problem with teleportation in general, so maybe Black Mesa is more of a metaphor for any scientific discovery apt to get disastrously out of control.)

I was crying over the ending (of Episode Two). I'm pathetic, I know.

I know, Ep 2's ending had me going FUCK YES! FUCKING YES! HELL FUCKING YES! Wait, no! FUCK NO! HELL FUCKING NO! AAAAAAAAAAAH!

I thought for sure Kleiner was dead when he said something about not getting a proper goodbye, but then I knew when the Advisor popped in there was no way Eli was gonna live - you'd get the full story on everything otherwise. Pretty brutal, though. :\

RIP Lamarr too. :(

Portal was awesome, advanced missions make me want to kill myself on occasion though.

Portal is hilarious. I love the computer announcer lady.

Oh yeah, the game is kind fun too. :P

Borealis was something cut from HL2, interesting to see its reappearance here. (And yes, since Borealis was built by Aperture Science, it's connected to Portal. Based on the references to Black Mesa and the connection to Portal, I wonder if it's some sort of super-portal device itself -- except that Eli seems to have no problem with teleportation in general, so maybe Black Mesa is more of a metaphor for any scientific discovery apt to get disastrously out of control.)

I really hope it's not. Not just because it's sort of obvious when you consider all that, but also because it would then involve going to some crazy planet, methinks. I always hated the single player stuff on Xen...

Edited by Phoib

I really hope it's not. Not just because it's sort of obvious when you consider all that, but also because it would then involve going to some crazy planet, methinks. I always hated the single player stuff on Xen...

Xen sucked mainly because it was poorly designed and felt so desolate. Valve has come a long way in terms of production value. This map editor is also a lot more sophisticated and flexible than Half-Life's map editor was. Plus Valve was kind of rushed to finish Half-Life, so it turned out poorly as a result of these problems. If Valve were to create another alien planet, I don't think they'd make the same mistakes they did with Xen. I'd personally like to see what Valve could pull off with the staff, tools, and budget they have now.

And yeah, Portal is hilarious. I remember this one line where the announcer said something to the effect of "we're inclined to inform the test subject with useful information like the floor will kill you". Things like that, and the constant mentioning of cake was great. "Turn back now! I SAID TURN BACK NOW! All. Of. The. Cake. Is Gone. You don't even care... do you?"

Do NOT buy orange box in stores. You get you don't get the amazing Peggle and I hear its more expensive. At least for Canadians it is much more expensive. $45 USD! Sweet deal on Steam!

Yes, yes, you are.

Wasn't Eli talking about going to a Combine planet even without the Borealis? I don't think they ever came out and said it but I got the impression (and it makes sense) that eventually to preserve Earth they know they'll have to take the fight to the Combine.

Spoilers just pwnt me. :(

Haha, yeah, well, you can't count on everyone to use spoiler warnings. G-MAN AND GORDON R SAME PERSONZ!11! Not really.

I keep listening to the song that plays during the Portal credits (Still Alive). Jonathan Coulton is a genius. This song is great.

The G-Man is actually DOG. *spoilers*

The part where G-man jumped onto the Strider and ripped out it's internal parts and it spewed it's purple liquids out, that was cool.

SPOILER WARNING! DON'T READ IF YOU HAVEN'T PLAYED EPISODE 2 YET!

Its already spoiled for me but it won't effect me(same thing that happen with HL2 but am still playing it all over again especially with SMOD,w00t bullet time) and wtf kleiner and lamarr died,NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!! FUCK THE COMBINE!!!!

also too bad Alyx didn't died that bitch send me to ravenholm she the one who needs to die not Eli,Kleiner,Lamarr or Mossman <_<

The G-Man is actually DOG. *spoilers*

His not gordon and his not dog,gman is gman and GMAN is GODLIKE cause he pwnz0rz!!

Borealis

I'm sure the arctic base will be featured on HL2EP3 its just bad that they cut alot of weapons(oh the C-Guard and the Hopwire really owns),some maps(the City 17 battle) and replace the damn sniper rifle with a crossbow(not that i hate it but the concept is old)

VHE 4.0

Even thought it much more great than 3.5 it sucks alot of resources(poor amp can't map for now)

Note:Add Spoilers on the Thread title

Guys, spoilers wtf. I'm glad I jumped over and finished Portal, cause my ep2 jammed up with a bug that apparently no one else in the world has, and isn't supposed to appear (vertex buffer limit or something), anyways it's such a crazy intense game towards the end, and incredibly wonderful when you think of how Valve managed to make it all so intuitive and streamlined.

Speedy thing goes in, speedy thing comes out.

escape_000026.jpg

escape_020032.jpg

Edited by Godwin

lol more spoilerz

Whats your graphics card? that thing happens to me because my drivers are outdate so try updating.(also clear you inbox)

Ok, for all future posts here...

we have a thing called

[spoiler]lalala[/spoiler]

here now.

See:

lalala

USE IT!

I made liberal use of it now, any future posted spoilers will be warned.

Phoib, does that mean you haven't played HL2? :o

And the part about the strider was accurate, with D0g at least.