DerelictStudios Forums
Korona

New Allied Buildings

I finished the rest of the allied buildings today. The full roster includes four new buildings and a revamp of the airfield, with a more realistic ground texture.

small1218promoalliedbuildings.jpg small1219promoairfield.jpg

The new buildings reflect the new gameplay for the allied faction:

The command center and barracks are made in the style of concrete bunkers from the maginot line in France or the GHQ line in Britain.

small1220aliedbunker6.jpg small1222promobunker.jpg

The Allies will start as France with British help and will be able to build maginot style gun turrets, as well as the infamous concrete pillbox. With the command center at its heart, the allied base will be a formidable bastion against attack, and provide the allies a strongpoint from which to attack.

small1223promoturret.jpg

The factories reflect the 3 major powers, France, Great Britain, and the United States

The French have a new factory based off the Renault plant on Senguin Island

http://www.flickr.com/groups/seguin/pool/page2/

small1224promofrenchfact1.jpg small1225promofrenchfact2.jpg small1226promofrenchfact3.jpg

The British also have a new factory built by Killa

small1231promobritishfact1.jpg small1232promobritishfact3.jpg small1233promobritishfact2.jpg

The US are now the sole owners of the former heavy factory, and reflects a modern mass-production plant.

The choice to play as either the UK or US is now postponed until tech level 3. When this choice is made the French factory becomes unbuildable, and production shifts to the US or UK, representing the shift of the allied war effort away from mainland Europe. These French factories will remain productive, unlike their Russian counterparts, so if you can protect them, then you can still build French and early British units from them... should you wish to..!

Hey Blitz fans... Do you realize how good is this Korona Von Braun? It take much more than one day to make all these cool buildings!

:worship:

Does that mean we have to be repeatedly beaten and surrender until tech level 3? (lol, search "french military victories" into google then click I'm feeling lucky...)

The Allied losses in 1940 were by no means a foregone conclusion, and there were many points where things could have swung against the Germans.

The aim is to give them strengths and weaknesses based off their historic strengths and weaknesses though.

Looks nice. I love the posters on the UK factory. I had that Churchill one on my wall as a kid. Wonder where it is now...

Hey Blitz fans... Do you realize how good is this Korona Von Braun? It take much more than one day to make all these cool buildings!

:worship:

Actually the British factory took less than a day. Then about a year being ignored.

Maybe, I would want something a bit faster and more immediate than what we have now. I think that is the key rather than a massive scene, so the Gen style rather than the ZH style.

I'm working on a fairly small one right now, 150x 150 with size 20 borders.

It's cool, in a forest with a small flowing river. I also added rain and lighting effects.

It will feature lots of light Russian and German units duking it out, with some mediums every now and again.

Only early in the game.

Once you get the 2nd Science point, you can choose between the Americans and British. Once you've chosen for one of them, you lose the ability to build the early French and British stuff.

Yeah the Allies blossom from a frightened recluse, relying on their high tech equipment and static defenses to save them, into an agressive hard-hitting and hightly flexible force. Ironically that is the exact reverse of what happens to the Germans.

Will the Allies be able to build the maginot style gun turrets all the time, or only early on in the game?

Only early in the game.

Once you get the 2nd Science point, you can choose between the Americans and British. Once you've chosen for one of them, you lose the ability to build the early French and British stuff.

So if I understand Korona right we could still build the French tanks after tech 3 if we still have the French factory, but not the maginot style gun turrets?

Right?

:rolleyes: