DerelictStudios Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Comrade Raptorkov

Let's Discuse Limiting Airfields.

Read 1st post before voting please.  

9 members have voted

1. 1. Would you like an option to limit AirFields to 1?

• Yes, sounds cool
    • NO! I don't want the enemys to know where my AFs are.
    • I don't care

THIS POLL WILL NOT IN ANY WAY INSURE ANY CHANGES TO THE CURRENT PLANS.

I just want to see what other peoples opinions are

You remember that little "Limit SuperWeapons" option you could pick before launching a match?

Well I was asking Korona if it were possible to make it limit airfields.

He said yes, but at a cost. It would mean that in every game, everyone will be able to see your airfields, and the immediate surrounds. Not to mention whats on the runway.

But I remember that some of you guys like to limit airfields, this would be a good way to insure people don't go beyond that limit. But it was also quiet a discussion between me and Korona, he says many changes should keep air spaming down.

But I don't know, what do you guys think?

Also remember, this is an option, not something that would always stick.

No, house rules should be made in the game. Anyone violating those house rules will eventually stop being invited to games.

My personal opinion is that air spam won't be a problem. The main reason for that is that aircraft will cost a lot more than they do now. The ground attack planes will be very different as well. They will do a great deal of damage but will take a long time to reload, and so thus will be much less able to win the war single handedly. Someone that focuses on aircraft will be left with long periods where their entire offensive force is back at base reloading. Since they are also slower now, fighters will be much more effective against them.

It would be like trying to win a game by building loads of partical cannons. You would have to have a great mismatch in skill to pull that off, and there are better ways to appoach things.

It's spelt "Ensure" unless you think Lloyds of London might want to protect them.

No, house rules should be made in the game. Anyone violating those house rules will eventually stop being invited to games.

:lol: :lol:

Says the guy who learned the hard way.

Right on.

I never really liked the limits, but they were the only way to keep the game fair.

I dig Korona's changes to aircraft.

u say the GS planes are now more expensive and slower.......but more powerfull yet take along time to relaod.....

well.... sounds like they are jsut gonan be sitting ducks? and thus worthless...

eh?

Since we're on the subject of aircraft, I managed to make like a sorta para drop in Blitzbuilder.

A team of 5 conscripts spawn at a point in the middle of the map, inside a transport (Soviet DC3). Which comes from a point off map. Upon reaching the spawn point, it drops the men. Only 1 problem....

It drops them at such large intervals, the first pass it drops 2, then circles around and drops 2 more, then 1 more time for the last man. Then he flies off map. then I tried IL4, it manages to drop all 5, but just fells like circling back I guess.

Is there a way to just make the DC3 unload much faster? Just to the point I can use it to make a decent paradrop. That soviet cargo drop plane or what ever it's called, drops all 5 men fast enough, but with no parachutes... And it's that German flying wing.

u say the GS planes are now more expensive and slower.......but more powerfull yet take along time to relaod.....

well.... sounds like they are jsut gonan be sitting ducks? and thus worthless...

eh?

Not quite sitting ducks. Ground based AA is being massivly nerfed. The fighters can defeat them but they will be easier to protect with fighters too. The firepower these things carry will make the risk worth it. They will be like controlable superweapons.

I say no airfields should never be limited(of course if its...)and the aircraft balancing should be enough.

Is there a way to just make the DC3 unload much faster? Just to the point I can use it to make a decent paradrop. That soviet cargo drop plane or what ever it's called, drops all 5 men fast enough, but with no parachutes... And it's that German flying wing.

Not sure how cause i haven't touch any of those INIs for a couple of months now,if you can somehow change the fall speed without killing the conscripts and probably the delay when the guys get out of the plane(i forgot the line)