DerelictStudios Forums
owenjimmy

Comment And Suggestions For The People Behind Blitz 2

Hi

I had blitzkrieg 2 for quite a while now and i love it because it actually feels like you put a lot of time and effort into the game unlike generals and zero hour which just seemed to have been thrown together overnight. You actually bother to get things right and go into detail with all the different units and make the game realistic.

But like always there are gonna be little bugs n stuff.

Here are mine (btw im not having a rant just suggestions on the probelms i have had, i dont no anything about moding, these are just ideas.)

1-When I install a full version of the mod everything is fine, it installs to my first decade directory, but when i try an patch to a newer release it says old file not found, i guess this may be because it tries to install to C:/programfiles/generals etc. MY installation is in another dirve so it would be really helpfull if you could ad somethign to the instller that allows you to chose where you want Blitz 2 to be installed.

2-Ive obviously got the typical AI surrender straight away problem, and Kursk mission never finishing, also i have a problem with the guns that are pulled by trucks, if you tell them to attack sometimes they fire othertimes they try to move towards the enemy (really slowly). Units getting traped behind each other and behind trees (big problem on kursk mission), i think this was a problem on zero hour too so i dno what you could do.

One big question when will the next full install be ready? will it be 2.7 and what will it include apart from the cool new buildings, and all these new planes ive heard about, will it include AI if not when will they be ready?, i really look forward to the next version, I check the website everyday and its well exciting when some more news is posted.

Anyway thanks for reading this, keep up the good work!!!!!!!

1-

I have nothing to do with the installerprogram, so I can't help you there...sorry

2-

typical AI surrendering is due to the AI not being updated with each subversion of Blitz2. It was a deliberate choice not to work on the AI, because of the many changes that were/are planned for upcomming releases.

The guns trapping other units is due because the AT guns are made movable so units wait till they have moved, but they move so slow that the wait of the other units times out.we'll try to solve it....

3-

Korona is the man currently wrapping up the most of the work on R2.7, with phoib and me helping out occasionally. As or the AI, not sure, but as it looks now, i fear the AI will never get done. Most of the staff has moved to working on other projects...sad to say, but ZH is growing old....

oooh i see, well thanks for replying, do you reckon i should just go back to 2.5 until 2.7 is finished??? Also is blitz 3 for c&c3 tiberium wars? i guess its not for ZH anymore.