DerelictStudios Forums
flyby

Used - Unused Modules

I just went through the list of behavior modules found in the shema's and compared them with what can be found ingame.

Green tags are modules that are used, red ones are not used.

The issue now is to find out if those red ones are functional or not, or put in an other way : if the code is either dormant, but usable or simply not working because parts have been removed or because they're left overs from previous games...

Use Wordpad by preference...

see further down for an update on the list...

AimWeaponBehavior

used by mutantsquad

AllowBannerSpawnUpgrade

used by Nod militiasquads

BannerCarrierUpdate

buged

ObjectCreationUpgrade

not working, damn it

StealthUpdate

not working,funny :huh:

TransportContain

not working,can't understand it

many of the red ones are used in BFME1/2,but i don't have time to test them all :(

Well, I noticed yesterday that i took the wrong xml files to compare with it...

sigh...Guess that's what you get when you have a cold and your brain is about to shut down... pffff

Never the less, most of it will be correct... i'll re-check the list a bit later...

Point is that, if this is remotely true (the red ones not working properly) modding cnc3 looks a lot less attractive, code wise...:(

added:

I've shortened a few of the modules that ended on "behavior" and found a few new ones:

AimWeapon (Behavior)

BridgeBuilder (Behavior)

DistributedMoney (Behavior)

FireWeaponWhenDead (Behavior)

HelicopterSlowDeath (Behavior) YES!!!

Physics (Behavior)

PlayerPowerManager (Behavior)

behaviorslisting2.rtf

Stealth is now called "invisibility"... After banging my head against a wall yesterday it seems that it can't be triggered by a player upgrade. However it can be triggered by an object upgrade.

gotta whole lotta red, duh du duh du

gotta whole lotta red, duh du duh du....

A helpful list... it's a shame that most obsolete cool stuff doesn't work anymore, tough :(

Even such simple simple things like ballistic missiles you don't have a working AI for and no THRUST locomotor type like before. Also parachute, disguise logics are not available anymore.

btw: the AutoDepositUpdate seems to be bugged. I straightly copied the Tiberium Spike and only changed the InitialCaptureBonus. I took it over with an engineer but I only got the initial money on capturing, nothing more then :blink:

Edited by Dibelius

Bad news: ShowsAmmoPips not working anymore.

only weapons with AutoReloadsClip="RETURN_TO_BASE" will display AmmoPips.

WTH ea thinking?!!

VisionSide & VisionRear not working too...:(

theres a mistake in the list:

Its ShroudClearBehavior, not ShroudClearBehaviorUpdate.

And it works just fine ingame, it reveals the entire map. ;)

thnx for the info.

"ShroudClearBehavior" is not used in the game, but if you say it is working, then it's a dormant module... good !

*bump*

EvacuateDamage/EvacuateDamageModuleData work if you add it into AssetTypeGameObject.xsd.

It allows you to force troops to leave an occupied building if hit by a specefic weapon (a bit like bunker buster). Unlucky, it need to be added to the building itsself...

CostModifierUpgrade/CostModifierUpgradeModuleData also works, giving yo a discount for units/upgrades if you build a certain ammount of objects.

Although I have to admit that I dont unterstand how the values work, "10%" increased the predator price to 12100....

EDIt. forget the last senctence, it works just fine now...

Edited by Chriz

Some modules/behauviors are included in the schemas and even work ingame, but arn't read by the compiler. Its quite easy to fix:

Open AssetTypeGameObject.xsd (remove write protection) and add (for exampl):

<xs:element name="EvacuateDamage" type="EvacuateDamageModuleData" />

under the <xs:choice minOccurs="0" maxOccurs="unbounded"> entry. Save it and your done.

Now the xompiler will recognise the EvacuateDamage module in your xml files and connect it with the EvacuateDamageModuleData.

EvacuateDamage => name used for the xml module, afaik its also hardcoded (needs a bit testing to find the right name (or simply open the cnc3.dat with a texteditor and search for it :lol: )).

EvacuateDamageModuleData => name from EvacuateDamage.xsd

Save and your done. Now the compiler will recongnise the EvacuateDamage module in your xml files and connect it with the EvacuateDamageModuleData.

Heres an example, I tried it some hours ago (after edditing AssetTypeGameObject.xsd):

<EvacuateDamage

id="ModuleTag_EvacuateDamage"

WeaponThatCausesEvacuation="GDIRifleSoldierRifle" />

Give it to an APC, put some troops in and start shooting at it with some GDI soldier - the troops will kicked out of the APC instandly.

Sorry für die Schreibfehler, bin englisch nicht mehr so gewohnt...

Edited by Chriz

Sorry für die Schreibfehler, bin englisch nicht mehr so gewohnt...

In der Google Toolbar ist ne Rechtschreibprüfung drin. Ist meist ganz praktisch/hilfreich. :)

MFG/Regards,

ironduke57

Interesting to know that there are modules that get compiled by the compiler and work in game if you add them to the .xsd file. Will have to delve into the compiler and game code and see if there are other such modules somewhere.