DerelictStudios Forums
Smurf Bizkit

Abrams + Technicals = Love

Just incase you guys forgot, Derelict Studios is modding C&C3. You can check out our primary project, "MIDEAST CRISIS 2" over at Isotx. Admittedly, the full website has been slow in being created (entirely my fault) which will also have the following clarification on it;

Derelict Studios is creating MEC2. Its our design, our team.

Isotx is hosting it.

Why? It allows the team to focus on the mod itself (instead of PR/site updates/etc.) and we get to borrow Isotx staff from time to time. It has worked out very well so far.

mec2_link_nov07.jpg

The above image sends you do see more of the images showcasing some UN and GoI units. Also, if you are interested in the Genesis of MEC2, and how it actually started out as a full DS mod called "Blood for Oil" you can read about it here.

Also, you can vote for MidEast Crisis 2 for the Mod of the Year awards here.

Very nice, I take it Toyota will be suing you at some point for associating their pick up with terrorists?

Bleh, Toyota has nothing to say about that, they are selling them to the Taliban and everybody that wants it. They do not see friend or foe, they see buisness.

Edited by MehMan

Its set a decade or two in the future, they wouldn't still be using pick-ups from the 80's as the mainstay. :P

Plus, I like the color scheme. We'll have some better shots of that unit sometime in the next few weeks.

The Arab theme isn't like the GLA. They aren't terrorists, they are an alliance of the Arab middle east countries. They use value for money vehicles like Russian AFVs and outrigged civilian trucks for light patrols. The British are still using Land Rovers today, so it's hardly that outlandish for them to use a customised civilian vehicle.

I think they look bright next to the ultra-dark UN units. The muted puke colour is pretty plain.

They look far too civilian in my opinon.

Yes the British use Land Rovers but they don't look like spanking new civilian ones. They look like old style Land Rovers still and even then they're clearly modified.

These look like a brand new truck with a .50 mounted on the back.

They don't need to be remade or anything like that though, just make them look a bit grubbier and used regardless of how old they are.

Or maybe at least make them come in a variety of colors? 100 bright yellow pickup trucks seems a tad odd to me. Maybe like yellow, green, and blue or something?

Really looking forward to this, I think C&C3 needs a good modern combat mod. I'm not a fan of the Scrin or Nod in this. A bit too futuristic for my liking. We want more screenshots! Oh and if this is a DS mod, how come there are no forums fot it here aswell as on Istox?

Oh and if this is a DS mod, how come there are no forums fot it here aswell as on Istox?

The site and all is hosted at Isotx, kinda weird to have two forums for it. :P

I know its weird, but bear with us...

The main issue thusfar seems to be that despite it obviously being a fictional mod, set in a hypothetical future, people have very staunch preconceptions of what the Israeli, UN and GoI militaries 'should' be like. This wouldn't be so bad if they weren't so damn loud about it. Seems nobody can just suspend their disbelief long enough to realize it's shaping up to be an awesome mod.

I kinda like the fact the trucks look new. Beat as shit fit the GLA because they bought most of their crap instead of building it, and even when that wasn't true they built most of it from junk. In a world where every Saudi prince has a palace and Middle Eastern beaurocrats can taxi around in Mercedes and Audis, I think the fresh spin is a bold one. The yellow, as mentioned, is a bit much. I would either say you should try a uniform camo pattern (something urban-warfare schemed?) or many colors on the skin itself. At least for the technical.

Except in the middle east, there are a LOT of 30 year old cars driving around. Much more then here. The fact that they look modern is more the fact that the mod isn't now, but 20odd years in the future :P

well atleast the middle east faction are not using humvee2's that would have sucked beyond imagination :lol:

1 qestion will they use the MI-24 ? please say they will