DerelictStudios Forums

Sorry there has been no news for a while.

As I mentioned (briefly) on the forums, 2.7 has begun beta testing. The German faction at least. What perhaps I have been a little bit secretive about is how much this version changes.

The gameplay has been completely overhauled. The tech tree now follows a chronological progression through the war:

germantechtree.jpg

For the Germans this means that they begin as an infantry-rush side with lots of quality troops and transports, but rapidly shift up to armoured warfare. Their superweapons like the stuka strike and he111 runs are bought in from the command center while the v1 and v2 weapons are now buildable structures, with the V1 rails being essentially hyper-long-range artillery... watch out for stukas though!

Speaking of which, the air combat is now a lot more robust with fighter aircraft able to intercept enemy bombers and ground support very effectively.

The tech tree is more forgiving than before and it is possible to keep building most units even when the upgraded version is availbable. This means you can see Tigers next to King Tigers and Panzer 4Ds can accompany the ausf F2 and the ausf H models.

The economy has also been changed so that now you don't need to micromanage men into every single house. Instead there are key buildings, marked with a flag that will generate as much as a dozen or so houses would before. This means a lot less time spent tediously clicking men into buildings and a quicker start to the game. With Wittman's Fallschirmjager skin now in game the start game is pretty cool with the germans, as their paratroopers drop into the key locations around the map.

However the Russians are also nearing completion now. A new tech tree has gone in for these guys too, which does away with the irritating hammer/homeland distinction. You can now build the Kv1 as well as the KV2, and a more historical tech tree means you can have te Kv1 and 2s alongside the more advanced IS2s and 3s. As with the Germans these are now all separate units. The same is true for the T-34/76 and /85 models. The Russians can't just stockpile T-34/76s until a global upgrade clicks in and all their tanks are upgraded for free. Instead the new tanks are best mixed in with the old until numbers build up.

The other notable thing about the Russians is that the cost of their units has been slashed along with the build times, but more on that once we have balanced it!

:rolleyes:

Fine

I be so happy

so i can hope a Download is ready

All morning all afternoon and by night i have something to do

And i be sure the first version run only by the Betatesters

so i must fight with install and patch and not with other players.

Now is a good Time to cry we play a Challege

Tell Abba a new version comes out and Abba have something to do

hahaha

Ps. Korona and all You do a fine Job but bring it to the end.

The cold time is Gaming time.

Having to wait for it will make it more special when it comes. It can't be Christmas every day ;)

Hi, I'm extremely new to this so please excuse me general noobness. But how do I get into this beta? I've been wanting to play this mod with people for some thing with little to no success. If anyone can help what would be very nice.

Glad to hear the Blitz team isnt letting off pressure, hopefully 2.7 will be done by the time I finish this semester and I could finally take on some of you.

Also, Luftwaffle, I dont think the team is accepting any new beta testers at the moment so you will have to wait like the rest of us :)

Glad to hear the Blitz team isnt letting off pressure, hopefully 2.7 will be done by the time I finish this semester and I could finally take on some of you.

Also, Luftwaffle, I dont think the team is accepting any new beta testers at the moment so you will have to wait like the rest of us :)

Blasphemy! :domo:

But your probably true :(

I'm tempted to open it up to more people over christmas because the other sides should be playable by then.

Nice cameos and i love the V1 rails :hb:

now to get that 2mbps and first decade.

I'm tempted to open it up to more people over christmas because the other sides should be playable by then.

:ph34r:

If you could let me in on this I'd be eternally grateful. :)

It's going to depend really on how much I can get done. The Soviet's should be ready soon, so its possible things will be ready for Chrimbo but it's still going to be tight. Only 2 weeks now :)

Finally!!! I was getting tired garrisoning intire towns/citys. :lol:

I'm actually missing that a bit. You probably wont because you were slow at putting men in buildings. :P

Either way, people still find them selfs garrisoning everything. Let's just say, it's too easy to clear buildings, so you want to fill up all the shit around it to slow down your opponents. But, sometimes it can be a pain to garrison buildings now. The troops can't find a door on some of them, and you have to kill that silly flag off to get in.

Also, I still got a copy of 2.6.21, but it's lame now.

Edited by Derelict_forum_noob

Which is why we beta test :P But yes urban warfare is faster now, since some tanks can clear out buildings. The pz2 can (slowly) with its 20mm autocannon, maybe 1/7 hits kills a guy, while the HE rounds from the Pz4 D can kill 2 troops per hit.

"Urban demolitions" units like the Sturmtiger, Kv2 ISU-152, as well as the IS-2 and 3 can hit a building so hard that all the infantry inside are killed.

The mosquito's blockbusters will probably be able to do that too XD

Garrisoning is still useful though. It makes your troops more resistent to damage and stops them from being cut down by the ubiquitious coaxial MGs, and if they are trying to tank-rush your city, inf are very useful indeed.

It's going to depend really on how much I can get done. The Soviet's should be ready soon, so its possible things will be ready for Chrimbo but it's still going to be tight. Only 2 weeks now :)

Godspeed, hopefully your Blitzkrieg tactics will pay off!

Finally!!! I was getting tired garrisoning intire towns/citys. :lol:

I'm actually missing that a bit. You probably wont because you were slow at putting men in buildings. :P

Yea some of us got really good at that...and very speedy too.

But for the new guys I guess it was a pain in the ass to do.

It's a pain in the arse for anyone, even if you are good it still slows down the early game and forces you to spend ages babysitting all your buildings. Personally, I don't like it when micro is over-rewarded either.

The long and short of it is that this system > the old system. The gameplay improves and there is more action. \o/

I agree. garrisoning a town would simply slow down the game (but got you money). Although Blitzkrieg is still probably my favorite mod (LOVE WWII). It would be a wonderful christmas gift to have a new version to play (my friends always complain when I use the allies bombing mission to take over their city. Quick, easy, and powerful).

By the way. I'm new to the forums myself, so hi. B)

Welcome to you Apoco! This 2.7 version (or simply v3) has so many new tools..and time saved from the old boring guarrisoning will be used to keep the focus on the battlefield :)

Well as far as the econ goes, I enjoy the new system but miss the old. As for the rest of the game. Well, words cannot describe the kick assery. Bombing runs kick ass now, enough to incapacitate a factory but not kill it (I'm not going to explain I'll leave that for you to discover) No more knowing the exact number of hits to kill a tank. Something some of us used in desperate times, like, 3 shoots from tank A kills tank B. But now you may find your tanks only getting light hits, or disabling and enemy tank. And if it's really not your day, they miss, lol.

Also, the new generals abilities setup (Korona calls superweapons) Allow you to spend your money away on huge air campaigns. Your ground forces just not getting the job done? buy a few bombing strike and blow your worries away.

"Urban demolitions" units like the Sturmtiger, Kv2 ISU-152, as well as the IS-2 and 3 can hit a building so hard that all the infantry inside are killed.

The mosquito's blockbusters will probably be able to do that too XD

Great great great :hb:

Looks like am back to square one time to rethink about that plan,better do something for those buildings :ph34r:

Hey Mr. 48....Could you believe that 177 millions people could see their land invaded, their cities destroyed, their families and friends exterminated without attempting some sabotage against the intruders? :P