DerelictStudios Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Korona

Golly Gosh!

Even being against racism one can grow tired trying to do the "Political Correct" thing.

It's harmless fun, but the response to these dolls is all but "harmless" or "fun".

Governments should stop trying to treat their citizens like babies.

I fear the day when some politician decides it is political incorrect to admire beautiful women and decides we're only allowed to look at other men that way.

They're so naively ridiculous no one could possibly believe they are how people seriously view black people now. It's not England in the 1700's anymore, they have now become more of a joke at the people who originally made them than the people they are supposed to represent.

6b.jpg

Haha, THIS are WIN.

But seriously, political correctness is getting so ridiculous it's becoming difficult to laugh about it. What people really need is a nice dose of desensitisation. This means stop whining over petty things.

It's just pathetic. Just like it's national news when someone utters the "OMG"N"WORD" or "ho". Overly-sensitive morons is the reason society is deteriorating.

As punishment for complaining they should be sent to hard labour... somewhere like a sugar plantation.

Or the sweatshop these toys are produced in, I'm always in favour of ironic punishments.

Proof that it's okay to caricature something as much as you want, as long as it doesn't resemble anything close to the truth*.

For example, would those dolls be as offensive if they were white? Would black dolls with slanted eyes and buck teeth be offensive? Apparently, it's only insulting if it's true*.

*By truth, I don't mean like an absolute truth, just as a "it applies to some" kind of truth.

In the state's *no offense to blacks* the black community goes insane at the tinyest thing's they constantly scream RACEISIM.

Yet if you watch black television you can see constant anti white raceisim,They can be raceisit towards white people all they want without any backlash. While i think raceisim is wrong and should not happen , it should not be constantly brought up at every single FUCKING MOMENT IT"S NOT NEWS ANY LONGER GET OVER IT AND JUST IGNORE IT.

If i had seen that picture of a blackman eating a watermelon when i was a kid i would not have said anything back then, i never knew the concept of raceisim, to me it would have just been a blackman eating a watermelon and not ZOMG IT"S TEH RACEISIM.

If people would just let these issues go we would not be haveing this problem.

Edited by usafirewarrior

Personally I think this modern western mindset is coming dangerously close to forgetting that racism actually has and does exist with comments like these in a seeming backlash against those who mention the word 'racism'. Not just here, I'm seeing them more frequently in a variety of places. Certainly there are groups who take the cause of preventing racism to an extreme, and even political motivation, but to respond to all ideas of racist behavior as being ridiculous is taking things a bit too far in the opposite direction. Still, I get the feeling that the current trend is heading there. I see myself and others tending to discount the existence of discrimination and sensitivity as mere overemphasized concepts, but I don't know that this is a good idea either.

The heart of the matter is that humans always behave the same way. We form groups and compete with other groups. Religion, race, culture, and gender are all fairly simple ways of placing ourselves in groups, hence why they become so decisive. We simply recognize the present concept of racism as a major force as it has been studied and brought to public attention during the last 50 years. While reformers appeared to try and correct the system which produced boundaries along the lines of race and color their efforts met with limited success, and I would say this recent trend towards backlash has appeared because deep within our primate brains we still cannot bring ourselves to suppress that group-producing instinct.

I started writing thinking I would say something about a happy medium, but this too seems to contradict the essence of humanity*. As harsh as it may sound, the most obvious way to end these conflicts is separation of groups. Those of Jewish decent are no longer being actively pursued by Europeans as a general group, because the state of Israel was established (it seems to me such discrimination would have returned soon after without the migration). In the United States, we've stopped fighting the Indian tribes which were here before our ancestors, as they have been secluded upon reservations. Of course we still fight groups that have been removed from immediate proximity, because we've added the ideas of nationality and property to our group-defining tools.

The possible solutions must therefore fall into three distinct categories:

1. Accept human mental structure as unchangeable and accept what is necessarily produced.

2. Attempt to understand humanity and work within our structure to produce a better outcome.

3. Change the nature of human thought and existence so change or remove problems.

If we accept idea number one, we simply turn a blind eye to what bothers us about the present system and accept our deterministic human existence. However, "the unexamined life is unworthy living" is also a human concept, we cannot purely accept this option without contradicting that same humanity which we attempt to surrender to. Similarly, idea number three is appealing because it suggests that we are capable of a species of having an influence upon ourselves and our futures. Although the cynic in me says that changing human existence into a new form is impossible, I don't know if this is true. When we visit the internet, we may enter new territories where human minds have not entered before. Even so, if you visit any place long enough even the most random begin to display their underlying human limitations. I'm not entirely certain number three is impossible, but history suggests that humans never really change, and even modern events which suggest in favor ultimately cannot prove that we have a capacity for real change.

Therefore, we are left somewhere within option two, we should seek to understand who we are, and when we know that, we can truly focus our energies on what will ultimately fulfill our goals. I don't know exactly what those ultimate goals may be, but I would guess that we are longing for peace (which sustains our lives), the best outer realities we can create, and a sense of personal fulfillment. After all, those are the goals to which all religions and great ideologies seem to be aspiring to.

I've rambled a bit, and while this doesn't end the conversation in a concrete way, I think I've expanded on a bit of my thinking - Comments?

tl:dr - this thread is all about humanity on display, that's all well and good, but let's go a bit deeper and consider why things are this way and what we are ultimately attempting to accomplish.

-* I use the word humanity to describe being human, without any of the positive connotations of civility that have come to be included in it.