DerelictStudios Forums
Count von Phoib

So, Who Should You Vote For?

Something that is used here a lot; a program that gives you 25 opinions, and you can say if you agree or disagree with them, or, that you don't know.

Those opinions are bound to the elections, and they have been used for the past 8 years here, and they are a great tool to confirm your vote.

They also have a US based one: here.

According to this one, I should vote for Hillary first, then Edwards, then Obama.

So, who should you vote for, according to this program?

John, Hilary, Barack.

Weird that the top person is the only one I haven't heard of.

I think theres really only 1 choice for the next US president: Arnold Schwarzenegger. *keeps dreaming*

This is actually a pretty inaccurate tool for guaging who would make the best candidate, since it just compares your opinion to statements, and political candidates are well known for having a strong diversion between reality than their tongues. They backtrack on their own histories (Kerry, Guliania with the "I don't only pound 9/11" thing then proceeding to mention it thirty times on camera that day) and a strong divergance between campaign promises/stated stances and their end goals.

Remember in 2000, George Bush said he was strongly against foreign interventions for the heck of it.

Statement 23 doesn't make sense.

"The Patriot Act serves to fight terrorism. Extra measures should be taken to further protect citizens' privacy."

Me:

1. Fred Thompson

2. Hillary Clinton

3. John Edwards

Three of the candidates I dislike the most. Bleh...... personally:

1. John McCain

2. Barack Obama

3. Mitt Romney

Remember in 2000, George Bush said he was strongly against foreign interventions for the heck of it.

I came in here to say this.

Anyway... it says I should vote for Obama. Meh.

This is actually a pretty inaccurate tool for guaging who would make the best candidate, since it just compares your opinion to statements, and political candidates are well known for having a strong diversion between reality than their tongues. They backtrack on their own histories (Kerry, Guliania with the "I don't only pound 9/11" thing then proceeding to mention it thirty times on camera that day) and a strong divergance between campaign promises/stated stances and their end goals.

In that case, shoot all the candidates, nuke Congress and start a dictatorship.

If you can't judge candidates by their statements, then you are no longer an effectice democracy.

For Thompson? jiggawha? Well Huck's in next so meh.

Yeah, decent tool :). Funny how the person it seems I agree least with, Edwards, is the only one saying we should raise import taxes.

Whatev.

Provided either Hilary or Barack wins, this should prove to be a pretty contraversial presidency (Hilary would be the first female president right?). Either way, I'll be interested to see how it turns out, I don't really remember much of Bill Clintons reign, and I'm bored of Bush now.

For me it says Giuliani, McCain, Huckabee. Personally, I think I'd go McCain or Obama. I don't like Giuliani, and I'm not a fan of Huckabee either. I might agree with them on a lot of the issues, but that's not necessarily the most important thing for me. For me, character is an important part, and this doesn't consider it at all.

I get about 70% agreement with Romney and Thompson, Giuliani is in third with a bit less.

you are no longer an effectice democracy

I know this was quoted already, but it deserves to be quoted twice for truth.

For me it says Giuliani, McCain, Huckabee. Personally, I think I'd go McCain or Obama. I don't like Giuliani, and I'm not a fan of Huckabee either. I might agree with them on a lot of the issues, but that's not necessarily the most important thing for me. For me, character is an important part, and this doesn't consider it at all.

Thats why you can exclude candidates. Or just take it as advice.

I got Obama, but its funny how simmilar him and Clinton are on policy, and yet Clinton... eww...

I think personality is really important in a leader, Clinton may say X Y and Z but she seems like she is saying it because she was told by a policy group that its what voters wanted to hear. Obama just comes across as a lot more genuine.