DerelictStudios Forums
Ominus

Tiberium Spreading Tank

So i got this crazy idea while trying to fall asleep last night, so today i tried it out and here are the results of my Tiberium spreading tank (need to think of a better name)

post-5948-1204102405_thumb.png post-5948-1204102543_thumb.png post-5948-1204102580_thumb.png post-5948-1204102627_thumb.png post-5948-1204102735_thumb.png

Don't mind the disappearing HUD and tank, my current program for screenshots has a problem registering them :lol:

It's still a WIP but it works! :D

Basically the tank creates a new tiberium field every 10 seconds by using my modified tiberium crystal to make it then spread into a field.

I also noticed there is a maximum amount of data i can upload so I'll repost the pictures later

Nice job getting it to work, but I'm not in favor of the idea. It kinda removes the resource management part of the game if you can grow your own unlimited resources so quickly.

Yeah, it would probably only be good for campaign uses, lets say nod wanted to destroy a blue zone by implementing tiberium diggers(wich would deploy into structures that are tiberium fields). I bet GDI would be pissed :D

I wonder if custom campaigns are possible in c&c3.

I reckon it would be cool to expand the concept and have the unit works with the tiberium absorb code like the alien devastator. Also instead of having it spawn tiberium as it moves it would have a kind of cannon. Basically it sucks up tiberium and can fire it across the map, taking it from one location and dropping it in another.