DerelictStudios Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Korona

Faqs

Firstly a screenshot, because news posts look lame without them, this shows the Allies defending a fixed position against a German attack:

small1315maginottur.jpg

Down to business - Things are going well here, and we are entering a good place with our beta testing and overall progress.

There are some recurring questions on the forums, so to give a better idea of what 2.7 will and will not be, here is how things are shaping up:

Will there be AI?

Yes! We will have full AI for all sides, however AI can never be as good as another player. Learn the ropes then play online - else you are only getting half a game!

Will there be Missions?

Yes! Neo has been hard at work and it is looking like we will have lots of cool missions to play with a variety of gameplay styles.

When will there be a release?

We don't 'do' release dates at DS because, things can change. I would rather see Blitz back in development for a few more months rather than release something half-assed. Atm things should be wound up before June, but anything can happen between now and then.

Will there be more releases post R 2.7?

Things have been changed radically in this build. Thus it will be dubbed "R 3". Also ZH is an old engine. Significantly developing the mod beyond R3 seems fairly pointless. This is actually a good thing, because pretty much everything we wanted to add (except Japan and Naval) will be in. That means a ton more content, updated UI and so on...

Will there be machineguns in multiplayer?

NO!

If you want to know something else, feel free to post and I'll do my best to answer.

wow, sounds really exciting.

nice screenshot aswell.

that pretty much answers all my questions, now just got to find some way to ocupy myself until then!

thanks

Damn it Korona, I want my mother fucking machine gunners in multiplayer.

lol, nah, MG troops seems points with all the tanks havening either HE rounds, Hull guns, flame throwers, and any combination thereafter. In fact folks, the game has gone into being about huge tank advances, with infantry bring up the rear to mop up anything left in the towns. It's great!

True, also those sandbags are actually buildable in game, they can accomodate 12 men, buuuut HE rounds tend to make a bit of a mess of them... :P

True, also those sandbags are actually buildable in game, they can accomodate 12 men, buuuut HE rounds tend to make a bit of a mess of them... :P

I love sandbags! You can never have too many sandbags! :lol:

Yeah static defenses are fun! Especially when you are Russia trying to stop Panzer assaults with conscripts!

You are evil, the Russian does not have static defenses ;)

But then again, HE rounds and conscripts makes great fun :)

Edited by From Norway

Are there gonna be any new infantry or will we have the same as in 2.6??

Static defenses+soviet anti tank infantry

Yes there are new infantry inclusing

French riflemen, SAS Commandos (airborne) and Spies (for the Allies)

Fallschirmjäger (for the Axis)

and

actually nothing new for the Soviets. Their conscripts are now stupidly cheap and weak as matchsticks though :lol:

Also we are using the GLA toxin trooper as our flamethrower which looks better \o/

They have lots of infantry but nothing new. In large numbers they are good. They are mostly useful for urban combat though. In open battle the HE rounds kill them pretty fast. This is true for all inf really though. The general rule is tanks for open terrain, infantry for urban combat. We have opened out a lot of the maps so now there is more open land too, meaning the focus is on tank combat. Infantry have a role but they are fiddley to use and lag the game when used in large numbers.

Engineers have been changed for all sides actually... When placed near tanks they will repair them and will also construct field defenses. Dozers construct all buildings.

i can understand no Japaneses or Naval force, but what happened to the Italians? i must have missed the memo

I know most of their tanks sucked, but their infantry is not half bad

Edited by Lukas

i can understand no Japaneses or Naval force, but what happened to the Italians? i must have missed the memo

I know most of their tanks sucked, but their infantry is not half bad

'You stfu

Nah, it's a valid question, and this IS an FAQ thread...

The reason why we won't see Italy is simply time constraints.

While it's nice to be able to represent lots of sides, there needs to be a degree of perspective. "So why add France?" you may ask. Well the French tanks were widly exported. They can be used to depict not only France, but also Poland and other smaller nations (in missions and re-enactment type maps).

Also, infantry in Blitz just aren't very important. An infantry based side would be hammered. They need some decent tanks to represent them, and on that front the Italians just don't have any real strenghth.

Couple to that their actual performance in the war. In many ways they turned out to be a liability. The Regia Nautica was decimated by the Royal Navy, and they never posed a significant threat to Suez. The Germans spent a lot of resources on helping them, that arguably could have been better spent elsewhere.

The completist in my would like to see all these nations added. Not just Italy but Canada and the other commonwealth nations too, the glorious Finns, as well as Japan, obviously, China, the list goes on and on. However time means that we need to draw a line somewhere.

Sign in to follow this