DerelictStudios Forums
jonwil

I Am Offering To Edit The Ui For Your Mod

I am offering to edit the UI for your mod. Some conditions though:

1.You must know what you want for a new UI and be able to give me instructions as to what you want changed (preferably you should have MSN/ICQ/AIM/Yahoo so you can talk to me directly)

2.You must have texture editing skills to edit the UI textures yourself and must be willing to share the edited textures with me so I can see the whole UI myself

3.You must know how to use edited UI files in your mod (i.e. how to take a UI file and put it into your mod and have the game pick up the UI file, edited textures etc from your mod

4.Your mod must be a serious mod and not a simple "lets mess with ballance" or "lets thrown in a few random units" type mod. Total conversions are accepted, as are mods that significantly replace or extend TW units

5.You must give me credit in your mod for the UI work

6.I will do my best to meet your requests but dont expect miracles. In particular, I am currently unable to add new objects to the UI or change what sort of object it is (e.g. make a movie clip where there is no movie clip currently)

I'll probably take you up on this offer at a later date, although I'm not to the point yet with my mod where it is time to edit the UI.

I'll point some people in this direction though.

How about making an modified UI multiplayer settings AptUI file that will actually let us modify the amount of starting money in skirmish/multiplayer games?

Or is it the case, as I suspect, that the game simply ignores a modified MpGameRules xml?

How about making an modified UI multiplayer settings AptUI file that will actually let us modify the amount of starting money in skirmish/multiplayer games?

Or is it the case, as I suspect, that the game simply ignores a modified MpGameRules xml?

That cannot be done.

question:can you add the RankIcon to the garrisoned unit's icon, like the Generals do? thanks.

Edited by ravage

question:can you add the RankIcon to the garrisoned unit's icon, like the Generals do? thanks.

Not possible at this time.

Hey wow, a Deezire!

[evilVolcanomode]

Capture him!

[/evilVolcanoMode]

:P

I LIVE! lol

Heres one then - how about editing the sidebar UI file so that the portraits show up instead of a blank transparent side icon when you group select a mixed group of units?

What I mean is that when you group-select a couple of vehicles and a couple of infantry, you get an opaque side icon in the sidebar (the bottom bit where the unit portrait normally is). But in the game are Portrait_AllArmyGDI, Portrait_AllArmyNOD and Portrait_AllArmyAlien which I suspect should be used for this but never get seen in the game?

Hey wow, a Deezire!

[evilVolcanomode]

Capture him!

[/evilVolcanoMode]

:P

I LIVE! lol

Heres one then - how about editing the sidebar UI file so that the portraits show up instead of a blank transparent side icon when you group select a mixed group of units?

What I mean is that when you group-select a couple of vehicles and a couple of infantry, you get an opaque side icon in the sidebar (the bottom bit where the unit portrait normally is). But in the game are Portrait_AllArmyGDI, Portrait_AllArmyNOD and Portrait_AllArmyAlien which I suspect should be used for this but never get seen in the game?

That would be controlled by the game and not the UI files unfortunatly. There is a reference in UIComponentObjectsSelector.xml that maps the portraits to tags labeled "AllArmyImageGDI" and etc but I dont know what, if anything, the game does with those XML entries.

The UI file itself contains no references to the selection stuff.

EDIT: Further analysis seems to imply that the data in UIComponentObjectsSelector.xml is not read by the game at all.

Edited by jonwil

Hey jonwil ive tried contacting you several times on AIM but you never respond, whats up?